• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

eznark

Banned
Bruno reminds me of Balki Bartakamous. Glad the other guy finally showered. He looked like a fucking mess all weekend. They should make these caster wear adult clothes like the SCII scene does.

Mrbob

Mattrick bailing out of MS right before the launch of Xbone. Ultimate troll. Destroys the Xbone messaging and then says "Adios mofos!"

At least he can't destroy Zynga's reputation any further.

LukeSmith

Is Luke still playing that POS?

It's great, better than Animal Crossing 2001 Leaf by far, but no I'm not playing it.

Finished UC2 last night, will finish TLOU this week, continue my temporary unretirement from DOTO and keep making my way through the delight that is Rogue Legacy

eznark

Banned
Company of Heroes 2 has Twitch functionality built in and....zero people streaming it. That game must be a huge bomb.

LiveWire

It's great, better than Animal Crossing 2001 Leaf by far, but no I'm not playing it.

Finished UC2 last night, will finish TLOU this week, continue my temporary unretirement from DOTO and keep making my way through the delight that is Rogue Legacy

So either you finally realized the genius of the Uncharted series, or you're auditioning for a job at Naughty Dog?

I finished TLOU last night. A pretty fun ride, but the weapon aiming was so infuriating. Maybe it's the PS3 sticks not being sensitive enough, but aiming took so long and the worst part is if you're hit, it knocks you back and you have to start all over.
Also, what the hell at the ending? I guess they want the ability to make a sequel on PS4

Sokantish

I finished TLOU last night. A pretty fun ride, but the weapon aiming was so infuriating. Maybe it's the PS3 sticks not being sensitive enough, but aiming took so long and the worst part is if you're hit, it knocks you back and you have to start all over.
Also, what the hell at the ending? I guess they want the ability to make a sequel on PS4

The "gunplay" in all the Uncharted games is kind of bad too, luckily in The Last of Us you could stealth most of it and melee.

Ending spoiler... kind of.
The ending made me hate Joel so if there is a sequel I better not play as that dumb jerk.

eznark

Banned
GREATEST STORY EVER TOLD

I don't know, maybe it's awesome. I just meant the end. Seems like
he doomed everyone just so he could keep molesting that poor little girl

I'm finding it impossible to care about video games with stories since I've gotten a bit more serious about reading fiction. I've been generally only non-fiction for the last five or six years and I don't watch many movies or non-sports on TV so I had sort of gotten used to the abysmal state of storytelling in games. Now I can't overlook it. I want to replay the Witcher games but I'm terrified that they actual suck and I only liked them because of the catatonic stupor brought on by years of only taking in fiction produced by video game writers.

GREATEST STORY EVER TOLD

I don't know, maybe it's awesome. I just meant the end. Seems like
he doomed everyone just so he could keep molesting that poor little girl

I think maybe it would have been more interesting if it gave you the choice. I understand what they were going for, I guess. It reminded me of my ethics class back in college. "Would you kill a child to save a thousand others?"

BigAT

I think maybe it would have been more interesting if it gave you the choice. I understand what they were going for, I guess. It reminded me of my ethics class back in college. "Would you kill a child to save a thousand others?"

TLOU ending spoilers.

It's the most depressing happy ending ever. I think they did a good job of turning the traditional ending on its head. Yes, your favorite protagonists are alive and they are together still, but at what cost? I have to agree with Marlene that Ellie would have agreed to the surgery given the choice, which makes it even more depressing. There's a reason Joel lies to her at the end.

LiveWire

I'm finding it impossible to care about video games with stories since I've gotten a bit more serious about reading fiction. I've been generally only non-fiction for the last five or six years and I don't watch many movies or non-sports on TV so I had sort of gotten used to the abysmal state of storytelling in games. Now I can't overlook it. I want to replay the Witcher games but I'm terrified that they actual suck and I only liked them because of the catatonic stupor brought on by years of only taking in fiction produced by video game writers.

Yep. Bioshock Infinite says hi.

eznark

Banned
Just because that game is trash doesn't mean The Witcher is trash. It has the advantage of being a world created by an actual writer, which gives me hope for when I return.

LiveWire

I haven't played Witcher so I can't comment on if it's trash. I just meant that your assessment is spot-on regarding the majority of video game writing.

Mrbob

Bulls front office is pathetic. How many times does the general manager fire the first lieutenant? Also goes to show how awesome the Blackhawks front office is.

Hawks have a really good team? Front office does everything they can to win titles.

Bulls have a really good team? Front office does everything they can to screw it up.

Nightz

My townspeople know what's up.

tumblr_mp9ltneL6Z1rop23fo1_400.jpg

Somnia

TLOU ending spoilers.

It's the most depressing happy ending ever. I think they did a good job of turning the traditional ending on its head. Yes, your favorite protagonists are alive and they are together still, but at what cost? I have to agree with Marlene that Ellie would have agreed to the surgery given the choice, which makes it even more depressing. There's a reason Joel lies to her at the end.

She knew he wad lieing, both voice actors admitted to this. She accepts his lie because she trusts him and knows there's a reason for him to lie. Though she probably would have gone through with it.
If I was in his position I'd probably do the same thing. The world isn't worth saving if you have to sacrifice an innocent girl. We also don't know if any vaccine could have been created in the long run. What Tommy's group is doing might be the best thing for everyone.

eznark

Banned
People are the real monsters, guys.

McNeily you better play so that I can avenge the rape the Nationals will be putting on my Brewers

I feel I did well on my exam so I am going to reward myself with some dota - count me in for doto night w/o mcneily cause hes too good for us! That, and my brain could use a break before i cram all day tomorrow. :(

Somnia

New games for PS+ in July:

Battlefield 3
Jet Set Radio PS3
Oddworld Munchs Odyssey HD PS3
Dokuro PSVita
Metal Slug XX PSVita

Not bad

LukeSmith

I feel I did well on my exam so I am going to reward myself with some dota - count me in for doto night w/o mcneily cause hes too good for us! That, and my brain could use a break before i cram all day tomorrow. :(

Kunkka, Sand King, Crystal Maiden would be a fine trilane, too.

SK Stun -> team right click / kunka puts down his water shit that comes out of the ground
SK Burrowstrike
Crystal Maiden stun -> team right click
Crystal Maiden slow -> team right click
Once dude gets near exiting slow field, Kunka -> X marks the spot.

Free kills 4 days

Top Bottom