• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

Ferny

So I kind of had a thought. There was plenty of interest in the Reddit league from a bunch of you in here but since that has passed already, how about we do a little MaddenGAF Dota 2 league? We have two full teams for sure, maybe even three. We could run some team drafts for the initial teams. It'll give everyone a chance to get in to these competitive type games and I could stream and put up pretty much all of them. I figure it'll give us something steady to do till Madden comes out.

eznark

Banned
So I kind of had a thought. There was plenty of interest in the Reddit league from a bunch of you in here but since that has passed already, how about we do a little MaddenGAF Dota 2 league? We have two full teams for sure, maybe even three. We could run some team drafts for the initial teams. It'll give everyone a chance to get in to these competitive type games and I could stream and put up pretty much all of them. I figure it'll give us something steady to do till Madden comes out.

Love it. I was thinking the same thing this morning.

Great Idea. I'm in

It'd be awesome if we could field 3 teams but i doubt that happens.

TheCrow

This might just work.

Ferny

Just the people we had yesterday, I believe it was 14 online so if FMT and phheeeeeeeenix comes to play and everything, then we could pretty much have a solid 15 and not every team would have to play every day. I'll start working on the spreadsheets cause everyone knows you can't do shit without spreadsheets.

LukeSmith

I could see a world where we bring in some more mid-tier players, too.

I have some friends who aren't amazing at DOTA and would fit in and flesh out the games some, too.

Ferny

So far I have the list of people pretty much in as follows (I threw in people I know would be down anyway) I also don't have a problem with bringing in a couple other people we may know who are like middle level guys and would be down with communication and mumblez and all that jazz. I mean if we could get 4 teams in this, that would be great.

1. Ferny
  2. Luke
  3. Shake
  4. BigAT
  5. Trasher
  6. Crow
  7. Somnia
  8. Nightz
  9. CB
  10. eznark
  11. McNeily
  12. Az
  13. LiveWire (I'm guessing so?)
  14. Splat
  15. pheenix

Maybe?
  1. FMT
  2. Bluemax
  3. Bob

who wants to be my tutor

also I'm not sure why my mic was fucking terrible but it usually isn't. I did install a new sound card yesterday (which is flimsy and I have no way of really securing it in, the parts they gave me fucking suck)

are USB mics better?

I have some friends who aren't amazing at DOTA and would fit in and flesh out the games some, too.

That'd be perfect if the vets could bring in some friends and we could field 3-4 teams

edit-----

I'm game to help you phee phee... first things first, don't buy dust. Shit is a waste of money

Ferny

who wants to be my tutor

also I'm not sure why my mic was fucking terrible but it usually isn't. I did install a new sound card yesterday (which is flimsy and I have no way of really securing it in, the parts they gave me fucking suck)

are USB mics better?

Do the tutorials first of all and second of all go into bot games and mess around. I'm around if you want me to jump into a game with you and give ya some basics.

Do the mumble sound config thing as well. That usually fixes things like that.

eznark

Banned

Nothing against you or your friends but I don't love that idea, unless they are willing to post in the thread.

Do the tutorials first of all and second of all go into bot games and mess around. I'm around if you want me to jump into a game with you and give ya some basics.

Do the mumble sound config thing as well. That usually fixes things like that.

I did do the sound config thing

I think something might be messed up or wrong. It would sound fine at first and then go into this weird echoing and screeching frenzy

Sokantish

Hey Soka, why don't you swallow your pride and play some Dota

I've played like 5 DOTA 2 games and I haven't had fun playing the game yet. It's too confusing for me, stupid secret shop, stupid usable items that you always have to buy, then you get yelled at for buying the recommended items!

Ferny

I've played like 5 DOTA 2 games and I haven't had fun playing the game yet. It's too confusing for me, stupid secret shop, stupid usable items that you always have to buy, then you get yelled at for buying the recommended items!

That's why you play with us.

Ferny

I mean we have a full 15 of regulars already. We could always just use 1 or 2 of the friends as stand ins if needed. I think we should go with 3 teams. AT/Trash/Luke captains. If FMT actually wants in and Bob is in, I could get Rubx since he is real cool and we could just have one more and have 4 teams in this.

Trasher

It would be nice if they were part of GAF. Best part of madden gaf doto bros is we all hang out here and bullshit

Would also be nice if we played against people who knew the duration of sandstorm. What can you do though?!

I mean we have a full 15 of regulars already. We could always just use 1 or 2 of the friends as stand ins if needed. I think we should go with 3 teams. AT/Trash/Luke captains.

Might be underestimating the difficulty of having 10 people on at the same from both coasts a bit.

Would also be nice if we played against people who knew the duration of sandstorm. What can you do though?!

This is why i hate your face

Might be underestimating the difficulty of having 10 people on at the same from both coasts a bit.

agreed.

I say we shoot for 3 teams fleshed out with other gaffers and friends of vets. 3 teams of only madden gaf would end up with no games played. Even with outsiders, 3 might be too much depending on how many others we can bring in.

Ferny

Hence why you schedule games ahead of time. I think 10 people can figure out a window of time that would work out for them a couple days ahead of time.

Hence why you schedule games ahead of time. I think 10 people can figure out a window of time that would work out for them a couple days ahead of time.

lol if only

we had trouble scheduling madden games with only 2 people and a 3 day advance window. Rounding up 10 of us will be a clusterfuck

Trasher

Just speaking from experience. Tried setting up multiple tournaments and whatnot for 4v4 Halo stuff, and it's really fucking hard to find a good time for everyone. Seems like most people (east coasters) are logging off by the time I get home from work usually.

Top Bottom