• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

Somnia

BF3 MP on consoles is such trash holy fuck

sub HD graphics at what looks to be barely 30 fps with 24 max players oh lawd. it looks like the pc version on low and I think that may be generous

bf4 is gonna mind fuck ps4/x1 players

For console only FPS fans, its really going to blow their minds.

Smokey

For console only FPS fans, its really going to blow their minds.

The best part of my 3 round session of their version of 'Conquest' (3 flags lolwat) was the sound effects through my PS3 headphones. Other than that I sat there and wondered is what I'm seeing real life. Garbo. Dudes on the mic in my squad were looking forward to BF4 and 64 players for next gen tho. Bless their souls it just feels weird on a game pad

or maybe its because the Dual Shock sucks ass im betting that's what it is

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I have to put Rogue Legacy in Windows 7 compatibility for it to not run like shit.

Windows 8 is the worst.

CB3

I was saying this to Luke. I dont feel like playing CM is doing the new guys any favors. I havent even played for 2 weeks so to get the guy ive been maining banned two games in a row isnt that fun. Im still trying to get my legs under me in this game. Having Livewire play a new guy every game isnt helping him at all. You could say the same about Bob and to an extent McNeily (Who is secretly getting good with Kunkka. If he got banned, he'd be shit outta luck though).

We can still do a modified version of CM if the vets wanna play the meta game against eachother

Trasher

At least you never quit on them, a true leader of men.

tumblr_ljtrxjeN6Z1qcj6mco1_500.gif

I was saying this to Luke. I dont feel like playing CM is doing the new guys any favors. I havent even played for 2 weeks so to get the guy ive been maining banned two games in a row isnt that fun. Im still trying to get my legs under me in this game. Having Livewire play a new guy every game isnt helping him at all. You could say the same about Bob and to an extent McNeily (Who is secretly getting good with Kunkka. If he got banned, he'd be shit outta luck though).

We can still do a modified version of CM if the vets wanna play the meta game against eachother

Yeah, CM might not be the best right now. We have to draft teams based purely on the small pool of heroes that dudes are familiar with.

You guys should pick a new hero to train on every week though!

TheCrow

But there is so much on the line now that our games are broadcasted to the world. No time to mess around with unknown heroes. See my Leshrac today.

However, I was proud of our strong warding ability. Even though we could spread it out more instead of one straight line on half the map.

LukeSmith

Yeah, CM might not be the best right now. We have to draft teams based purely on the small pool of heroes that dudes are familiar with.

CM just gives the casters great material to open the game with. The drama unfolds before our very eyes

CB3

I've played two weeks and I can play two heros. The try hards banned both!

I just feel at this infantile stage alot of us are at with this game, its not very conducive to learning the basics and getting better.

That first game was especially frustrating because the teams were really uneven.

Trasher

But there is so much on the line now that our games are broadcasted to the world. No time to mess around with unknown heroes. See my Leshrac today.

However, I was proud of our strong warding ability. Even though we could spread it out more instead of one straight line on half the map.

We need to explain to LiveWire why wards should never be placed directly in the river. High ground high ground high ground!

TheCrow

We need to explain to LiveWire why wards should never be placed directly in the river. High ground high ground high ground!

I really think that was a mislick because it got put up during that battle toward bot. That's the only way the ward location makes sense.

Also, can we start using separate channels for the teams and broadcasters? I didn't hear that eznark was going mek and it will help us get better coordination. Plus we now have the stream if we want to listen to the great commentary.

Trasher

I really think that was a mislick because it got put up during that battle toward bot. That's the only way the ward location makes sense.

Wasn't there one in the top river the game before as well? lol

Either way, there's no reason to put a regular observer ward there ever.

McNei1y

You do know that I've played about 70 games right? I know three heroes very well and then a few others that I could use if necessary.

Also, can we start using separate channels for the teams and broadcasters? I didn't hear that eznark was going mek and it will help us get better coordination. Plus we now have the stream if we want to listen to the great commentary.

You can still use the in game voice comm for team coordination if you want. That's what I did.

eznark

Banned

If we do the league I will do that, but for fucking around like last night? No way in hell. That is too fucking awesome to pass up.

Although, I guess I could just open up the twitch stream in the background and listen that way?

eznark

Banned
Sentry ward and less aggression would have probably helped but yeah, we had no answer for that Riki no matter what we did.

McNei1y

Sentry ward and less aggression would have probably helped but yeah, we had no answer for that Riki no matter what we did.

his stealth wasnt even the problem early, though. he would just run up and hit me. and by less aggression you mean standing by the creep waves letting them do their thing then yeah. it was bad to keep going up there after the first 3 deaths. i probably shouldve joined somnia in the middle.

eznark

Banned
No, I mean staying on our side of the river instead of pushing across. Once he got those early kills though it's a tough snowball to stop.

Mrbob

I'm mad at all the kills I left on the table last night. Shackle and then use E to finish opponents off.

BF3 MP on PS3 is such trash holy fuck

sub HD graphics at what looks to be barely 30 fps with 24 max players oh lawd. it looks like the pc version on low and I think that may be generous

bf4 is gonna mind fuck ps4/x1 players

I know it is free but I can't even convince myself to download it.

I'll probably get the PS4 version of BF4 though. Finally closer to a real BF game on a console.

Ferny

his stealth wasnt even the problem early, though. he would just run up and hit me. and by less aggression you mean standing by the creep waves letting them do their thing then yeah. it was bad to keep going up there after the first 3 deaths. i probably shouldve joined somnia in the middle.
The problem is if you run away from Riki, he does more damage to you. Face him up and he really doesn't do much of anything to you early game.

McNei1y

The problem is if you run away from Riki, he does more damage to you. Face him up and he really doesn't do much of anything to you early game.

Yeah I heard you give that tip early on. I tried to do that and faced him up while attacking but I still died rather quick. I'll make sure to remember that next time before any deaths against him.

BigAT

One other helpful tip against Riki that I think could assist you guys, early on in the beginning stages of the laning phase, you shouDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUST

Dust_of_Appearance_icon.png

Splat

What is the point of the player cards in dota2 anyways? able to watch replays if I spend $10 on a compendium? They don't even come w/ shitty stale bubblegum.

LiveWire

What is the point of the player cards in dota2 anyways? able to watch replays if I spend $10 on a compendium? They don't even come w/ shitty stale bubblegum.

It's basically the Real Money Auction House all over again, except Valve gets all the money.

Trasher

One other helpful tip against Riki that I think could assist you guys, early on in the beginning stages of the laning phase, you shouDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUST

Okay. We get it. You have a lot of STDs.

LukeSmith

I'm sure they will have a sweet item you get for free if you have some subset of them

McNei1y

I like the Saints Row series... I wish they kept the multiplayer aspect from the first game, though. Protect Tha Pimp, customizing your avatar, and doing team deathmatches with gangs was absolutely awesome.

Top Bottom