• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

This is what my wife and I did the first two years of PAX East. First year we went for all three days and spent like 80% of our time playing board games with folks, including Flynn from the BG thread who taught us Agricola. The actual video-game part of PAX I can't really hack but I'm not really into video games that much anymore/too old to get nerd-amped and wait hours to play a mediocre new title. I can only speak to BGG.Con as a BG-only convention but it is really chill. Wide variety of folks at any big con, but tons of normals there and at PAX East (of course it's been years since I've gone to the latter and it seems to have become a bigger show since).

It's too bad Cali doesn't really have many great consumer-facing gaming cons. I've gone to E3 for work but had tons of time to explore too and I just liked the PAX vibe a lot more even though yeah there's tons of rabble. I'm doing KublaCon first time this year since it seems big enough to have a decent amount of normals and it's like 20mi from me.

Madden!

Astro is back to take his rightful place as the cards in madden 25!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Bryan Wiedey ‏@pastapadre 15m
For as much as I played and enjoyed Madden 13, what EA has shown and talked about for Madden 25 so far has me very worried.

happymask.gif

Nightz

Here's another tweet from him

Bryan Wiedey ‏@pastapadre 18m

Looks as though they're marketing the 360/PS3 Madden as more arcadey, to differentiate from the next-gen (seemingly more hardcore) version
PS4 league!

CB3

I refuse to believe a first iteration of a next gen madden will be good. They will probably have some new bullshit engine that needs a few years to be worked out.

Unless they bring back the passing cone. Then im in.

McNei1y

I remember having fun with the first Madden that came out on the 360. Then again, I remember being 15 and easy to impress.

Ramirez

I remember having fun with the first Madden that came out on the 360. Then again, I remember being 15 and easy to impress.

That game was complete DOG SHIT.

So basically we're not gonna have a good league until November, huh?

I hope we at least get to see Madden 25 at MS's reveal.

Sokantish

I don't know. I'm afraid it'll spoil my fond memories of the original RO. Plus I hear people are having issues even getting into the game.

RO2 is way worse than RO, if you can believe that. That's why I'm so excited to play the first two levels again!

the worst madden game in history and one of the worst sports games ever created. truly an awful game and one that tore apart a fantastic regular Xbox madden '06 league :(

daw840

Also:

Welcome to the Catan brotherhood, Daw.

Thanks!

I have played a couple of rounds with the CPU....

They make dumb trades I think. I trade them say 1 sheep for 2 wheat, then turn around and trade them 1 wheat for 2 sheep. They really will trade 1 for 2 all the time, I just do that until I can port trade and beat the shit out of them. I need to up the difficulty or something I guess....lol

CB3

Thanks!

I have played a couple of rounds with the CPU....

They make dumb trades I think. I trade them say 1 sheep for 2 wheat, then turn around and trade them 1 wheat for 2 sheep. They really will trade 1 for 2 all the time, I just do that until I can port trade and beat the shit out of them. I need to up the difficulty or something I guess....lol

Trades happen way less often against humans. At least in our games. Everyone is too paranoid

DCX

DCX
lol idk to be honest. I have seen alot of movement in free agency but that could be autopilots.

I'm just drafting and playing games, if there so happens to be a human great. It's not called a zombie league for nothing. We had a solid 20+ people then Phee comes in with hey trade Madden for an extra 20 at Amazon and it killed the interest right then and there :(

DCX

Yeah it really sucks. I think the video game version gives too much information.

Yeah I noticed that they let you see what resources are in play...and in real life it's better cause when someone has a monopoly sometimes they ask for a resource that no one has and it's LOL worthy

What's even more LOL worthy is when FMT tried to monopoly our ore and got nothing, hahahahaha

Yeah I noticed that they let you see what resources are in play...and in real life it's better cause when someone has a monopoly sometimes they ask for a resource that no one has and it's LOL worthy

What's even more LOL worthy is when FMT tried to monopoly our ore and got nothing, hahahahaha

still finished in 2nd place! i've finished 2nd place in every game i've played!

DCX

DCX
The draft glitches out. It didn't show the players, all it showed was undefined all over the screen and I had to sim it. Lol if this happen to a full league we probably all quit right then and there.

I got a bunch of oline and a rb even though I have three good ones and one that was second in rushing yay!

Boston ended in Chicago. It appears Crow traded up and got rid of Myers. Poor Will.

I don't know how many people are playing. I'm going to advance every two days. 10 pm est. If people need more time I will allow it.

Week one starts now. Zombie league assemble!

DCX

Top Bottom