• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

RTS games make me feel like an old man attempting to check his AOL email.

I still remember walking into the office of a professor from undergrad

"God fucking damn it...HOW do I make American Airlines show up?"

I asked what he was trying to do and he was trying to get to American Airlines's website.

That's when I introduced Google to him.

Rorschach

yay played my first public game and we won. I was worried at first because my team sucked (including me) and one of our guys kept dying, but each team had 1 decent player leading it.

Bet I'll never see this again!

hEKERP4.jpg

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Rogue Legacy worth getting?

Yep. Find the guy in the B/S/T thread. he sells it for 10 bucks.

I wanted to play one more MM game there but i wanna take my 5-0-13 Slardar high to bed rather than chance it and get shit on the next game

McNei1y

mid-card team just took a victory! I felt like that game should've ended 15 minutes earlier when the difference between team kills was like 15 lol. That was fun killing shit, though.

good stuff Crow, Shake, Rors, and Nightz

Man, bounty hunter gets gold like crazy. And he owns Rikki! GGs.

Yeah i am glad we had an invis to counter theirs. AT would be so proud cause riki even got dusted a few times!

that riki/LS/spirit breaker gank was pretty damn good from them, i must say - annoying... but good.

edit----

FFVII on steam!!!!

bought

Rorschach

Yeah i am glad we had an invis to counter theirs. AT would be so proud cause riki even got dusted a few times!

that riki/LS/spirit breaker gank was pretty damn good from them, i must say - annoying... but good.

edit----

FFVII on steam!!!!

bought

It's probably that awful port?

CB3

mid-card team just took a victory! I felt like that game should've ended 15 minutes earlier when the difference between team kills was like 15 lol. That was fun killing shit, though.

good stuff Crow, Shake, Rors, and Nightz

I was of the opinion you guys should have stayed pushing in mid when they were down 4 and you went to bottom tower and racks. You were strong enough to push to throne.

McNei1y

That ganksquad was absolutely annoying. I think they killed me 4 or 5 times. I used 6 dusts that game as well as used 6 wards! I'm learnding!

I was of the opinion you guys should have stayed pushing in mid when they were down 4 and you went to bottom tower and racks. You were strong enough to push to throne.

Yeah I thought we could've taken quite a few racks at least. I think they had three guys dead with 40 seconds left when we were encroaching on their base.

It was my idea to push the bottom racks right there. I wanted to do that because we both had megas in the mid. Our creeps had already pushed in on the bottom so it seemed like a good idea. Not sure if that is sound strategy or not! I'm sure one of the vets will weigh in.

That was good experience though. Finally had to sieged a base in a close game without any elites there. We've sieged a few bases before but mostly in blowouts and that shit is easy.

CB3

It was my idea to push the bottom racks right there. I wanted to do that because we both had megas in the mid. Our creeps had already pushed in on the bottom so it seemed like a good idea. Not sure if that is sound strategy or not! I'm sure one of the vets will weigh in.

That was good experience though. Finally had to sieged a base in a close game without any elites there. We've sieged a few bases before but mostly in blowouts and that shit is easy.

It was probably the "safe" move. And its super easy to judge when im just spectating and looking at the whole picture. But you guys had a big advantage and i think you could have maybe taken it there. It got super hairy a time or two after that for you guys.

It was probably the "safe" move. And its super easy to judge when im just spectating and looking at the whole picture. But you guys had a big advantage and i think you could have maybe taken it there. It got super hairy a time or two after that for you guys.

Honestly, and I can't speak for others, but i was a bit scared of their team fight when Spirit breaker LS and Riki were all on the board and healthy. If we grouped up too much SB would bust in on us with an infested LS and riki would imediately silence all of us. By the time we could fight back we were hurting.

I figured if we got that bottom racks then it left only the top(which was getting pushed in already) before we had megas in all lanes. Fall back plan was to get megas if we kept failing at sieging their base. Then we would be able to sit back and pick them off while they had to deal with the megas

I know have 2 wins total!

Is Anti-Mage hard to play?

You have to be able to farm really well and really fast with him. You also need good support to baby sit so you don't die or get ganked. He can snowball out of control in the late game but requires a shit load of farm. I'd say he's pretty hard to play well for those reasons

TheCrow

I thought it made sense. We did end up taking out the rax in bottom. With that it gave us some insurance. They wouldn't just be able to counter push mid if we were to get team wiped without pushing out the bottom lane. Buying us time to defend our mid.

eznark

Banned
Way to go Shake!

I started playing Uncharted 3 in earnest last night. My god the controls are sloppy. I really like the Uncharted universe though, hopefully this one isn't as bad as everyone says.

Nightz

Way to go shake!

Also, any tips from the vets on Venomancer? I used him yesterday and he owns early game but falls off late. Basically turns into a suicide machine to land his ult in teamfights. The build I used was a semi-carry build where they didn't use plague wards at all, but I know that it's a handy skill to have. What's a good skill build that makes use of the wards?

eznark

Banned
I'm going to start using Warlock a bit less I think. It was a lot of fun playing as Ax and Nyx the last two nights. I need to learn some carries anyway so that when Luke hits crunchtime for the Halo mmo and Trashbag needs to run more errands for his TV masters we have people who can lead us to victory.

Though Rors is well on his way!

BigAT

Who is Mr Matthews? !

Detention, Mr. Matthews!

Also, any tips from the vets on Venomancer? I used him yesterday and he owns early game but falls off late. Basically turns into a suicide machine to land his ult in teamfights. The build I used was a semi-carry build where they didn't use plague wards at all, but I know that it's a handy skill to have. What's a good skill build that makes use of the wards?

This is a pretty accurate description of the hero. I personally love plague wards with Veno though. Start with a point in his Q (Gale), then get his W, then I immediately max out wards as quick as possible. Wards have so much utility, you should be always be throwing one down whenever they are off cooldown. Spread them out as you move across the map, they're great for providing vision. You shouldn't get ganked on Venomancer, always be putting at least one ward behind the treeline where you normally wouldn't have vision.

Mrbob

Yeah. I may bench Castro after his weak ass jog yesterday from second base to get thrown out at home. When Soler gets healthy bring him up and trade Castro while the team can get some value out of him.

Nightz

This is a pretty accurate description of the hero. I personally love plague wards with Veno though. Start with a point in his Q (Gale), then get his W, then I immediately max out wards as quick as possible. Wards have so much utility, you should be always be throwing one down whenever they are off cooldown. Spread them out as you move across the map, they're great for providing vision. You shouldn't get ganked on Venomancer, always be putting at least one ward behind the treeline where you normally wouldn't have vision.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind and try it tonight.

Top Bottom