• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

eznark

Banned
Yeah. I may bench Castro after his weak ass jog yesterday from second base to get thrown out at home. When Soler gets healthy bring him up and trade Castro while the team can get some value out of him.

Cool. 9 est work? Also, what the fuck was Theo doing last week? The Orioles trade was fine-made-fantastic by the inclusion of the international signing money, which he then turned around and pissed away on moving Marmol.

Same old fucking Cubs. Idiotic.

Mrbob

I think he just wanted to move Marmol.

The Cubs got the top two prospects with the money they received from the Orioles. Sounds like they had some extra over which the Dodgers received.

Mrbob

I'm surprised Sony has been quiet on the upgraded rumble in the PS4 controller. Instead of having a a main motor there a bunch of variable motors now spread throughout the controller. Showing off the PlayRoom tech demo there is a video of a dude jizzing out champagne:

imhFeHb6Kc7k5.gif

The six axis sensors detect the angle and rumble flow of the champagne firing changes based on the direction of the controller. Microsoft can't win anything right now.

Edit: Doing some research it looks like it is still one large motor and one small motor like the Dual Shock 3. However, these motors have a lot more variability to them so same concept basically.

Also, Sony shown off a better reason to own a camera than MS.

i1KUqKwVnCW1D.gif

Sweet, sweet air hockey.

Smokey

I'm surprised Sony has been quiet on the upgraded rumble in the PS4 controller. Instead of having a a main motor there a bunch of variable motors now spread throughout the controller. Showing off the PlayRoom tech demo there is a video of a dude jizzing out champagne:

imhFeHb6Kc7k5.gif

The six axis sensors detect the angle and rumble flow of the champagne firing changes based on the direction of the controller. Microsoft can't win anything right now.

Edit: Doing some research it looks like it is still one large motor and one small motor like the Dual Shock 3. However, these motors have a lot more variability to them so same concept basically.

Also, Sony shown off a better reason to own a camera than MS.

i1KUqKwVnCW1D.gif

Sweet, sweet air hockey.

Did you apply for the PS4 blog position yet?

Trasher

Do you guys have any hot tips for zeus? I do alright early and seem to struggle late.

He's very dependent on farm, so as long as you get your early kills you should progress decently as far as items go. After the preliminary items (bottle/Arcane boots/Magic Wand/etc) go immediately for an Ulti Staff. Once I have that I generally try to farm out a Refresher Orb as soon as I can. Double ult with Zeus when having an Ulti Staff can generally straight up kill some of the supports on the enemy team in low tier if you farm it fast enough. So after you get your Refresher, try making a Veil of Discord. Most people here probably haven't used it or seen it in game often, but go ahead and read about what it does (it's also a popular item on Sand King): http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Veil_of_Discord

But yeah, Zeus is very dependent on his early levels/kills, and he really excels in the early and mid game if he gets them. He's only useful end game if he gets all of those items I mentioned above, otherwise he can't do too much damage at the end when the enemy carries are all decked out.

eznark

Banned
With a guy like Nyx I should be pretty much always mid and pretty much always ganking right? I definitely want to try him out more tonight if I play.

TheCrow

Any tips for doom? I know i have to get much better at jungling.. So far I've been rushing towards Vlads, Sange, and then AC. At around 45 I try to get heart so I can tank even more.

Trasher

With a guy like Nyx I should be pretty much always mid and pretty much always ganking right? I definitely want to try him out more tonight if I play.

He's a good mid yes, but you also see him in the other lanes very often too. In pub games he generally goes mid because he gets that early level 6 and can pretty much guarantee kills right away with Vendetta.

BigAT

Do you guys have any hot tips for zeus? I do alright early and seem to struggle late.

You should be spamming your spells as frequently as possible and as soon as they are off cooldown. Static Field is what keeps you relevant late game, it deals damage every time you cast a spell and it is percentage based so it does more damage even as players gain more health. Your Q has a really short cooldown so be sure to spam it, it will hit everyone in a teamfight as well as proccing Static Field which will also hit pretty much everyone. Start out with Bottle and Arcane Boots, then work towards Aghs Scepter and Refresher. Rod of Atos/Veil of Discord are also solid mid-game items.

Stay mid until you hit 6, then you should be looking to gank basically the rest of the game. You should be actively setting up and getting a kill every time Vendetta is off cooldown otherwise you're wasting time.

Any tips for doom? I know i have to get much better at jungling.. So far I've been rushing towards Vlads, Sange, and then AC. At around 45 I try to get heart so I can tank even more.

Doom is a slow jungler that takes a while to get going, but can be super strong when he does. I play jungle Doom a fair amount, maybe check out some of my replays for tips. I wouldn't rush Vlads on him as a first item, his W gives you pretty solid health regen and there's better things for him early on.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/53432263

Note that this is an EXTREMELY greedy way to play Doom and maybe not the best way to go about it, but I kind of prefer it just because of how crazy farmed you can get. Devour and Midas generates so much gold it's absurd.

McNei1y

It was a decent movie made pretty great by that one scene with Franco and Danny McBride.

Yeah. I don't see the movie becoming a classic like Anchorman or Superbad or even 21 Jump Street but it was definitely worth seeing. I loved how they were all portrayed extreme characters of themselves. It sounds so basic but damn it was funny. Danny McBride is outstanding.

eznark

Banned
Holy shit I just booted up The Witcher 2 for the first time since it came out. That new opening movie is fucking AMAZING!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I cant remember shit about what happened in that game but i had a good time with it. The actual ending being behind paid DLC was the real shitty part that soured me on it.

Ramirez

I see people jizzing over that pong game with the PS Eye, what is so special about it? Literally nothing that couldn't be done with a traditional controller and no camera there...?

McNei1y

This game should be ending soon. Having the most deaths in this crap game is making me feel bad. My teammates just let me die and run away.

Top Bottom