• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

No new player can farm enough to be a hard carry anyway. I am a shitty farmer, I almost never play carries at all.

Roles are a fantasy until you're a long way in to your career. Just do whatever to keep team afloat

Fair enough.

I've been trying to play my support role pretty strict (defend carry with life/dont steal last hits/ward ward ward/forget to buy dust) but I guess we are just gonna ffa

I thought we were moving to the IH league with roles and such :/

We're not off topic at all. We are talking bout warding. Why are you getting worked up and defensive about it? I am support, I am the one getting worked up! Not you... first you want to steal my warding and now my outrage? Fuck you, buddy!

edit---

nvm i see you just deleted it instead lol

Ferny

Shake, SK should not played strict support. Getting that blink dagger on him quickly is important for team fights later on. You can get a courier or initial wards, but he is not most effective with doing that all game long.

LukeSmith

Shake, SK should not played strict support. Getting that blink dagger on him quickly is important for team fights later on. You can get a courier or initial wards, but he is not most effective with doing that all game long.

SK is a 4, CM is a 5, Lich is a 5, Tidehunter is a 4.

Squabbling over farm is mostly pointless since reliably last-hitting isn't something most new players can do, anyway.

Just do what team needs, if you don't have vision, get some. If you lose your Safe Lane Tier 1, ward the lane and ward the jungle entrance so the jungle is safe for someone to farm.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
It was important to not let that Invoker and Pudge get big. Those ganks down bottom early on set us up well.

eznark

Banned
SK is a 4, CM is a 5, Lich is a 5, Tidehunter is a 4.

Squabbling over farm is mostly pointless since reliably last-hitting isn't something most new players can do, anyway.

Just do what team needs, if you don't have vision, get some. If you lose your Safe Lane Tier 1, ward the lane and ward the jungle entrance so the jungle is safe for someone to farm.

Yeah. Acting like you can or can't ward because of how pros play the hero you picked is kind of shitty. AT had like 20 kills in the first in house yesterday. Should he have stopped the snowball just because Lich is a support? C'mon man, just do what is necessary.

Yeah. Acting like you can or can't ward because of how pros play the hero you picked is kind of shitty. AT had like 20 kills in the first in house yesterday. Should he have stopped the snowball just because Lich is a support? C'mon man, just do what is necessary.

Nope... You should have sent him to ward!

LiveWire

Sorry for the disconnects guys, wasn't expecting Steam to have an issue with two DOTA2 accounts. My gf and I play other Steam games online simultaneously with no issues. Following up with Valve support now.

My fault team... I fucked up not dusting the shadow fiend. I rarely buy it so its not a reflex yet to use it in battle. Pretty sure that was the final straw that made Luke quit.

feelsbadman

LukeSmith

My fault team... I fucked up not dusting the shadow fiend. I rarely buy it so its not a reflex yet to use it in battle. Pretty sure that was the final straw that made Luke quit.

feelsbadman

Nah you guys just haven't decided to dedicate resources to shutting down invisible heroes yet. It'll happen! I still sort of believe

eznark

Banned
Nah you guys just haven't decided to dedicate resources to shutting down invisible heroes yet. It'll happen! I still sort of believe

Actually watching that super passive final match this morning with navi kind of helped me understand now to use sentry wards more effectively so I'm looking forward to trying that.

Trasher

feelsbadman

Dust for SF is nice, but the problem was you needed it more for Riki. I was just handing out assists that game!

LukeSmith

Dust for SF is nice, but the problem was you needed it more for Riki. I was just handing out assists that game!

chris-paul-portrait.jpg

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
ill play if we can get 5 for MM. Luke, Trash, and AT are all playing in their own game at the moment

Rorschach

You guys leave Rikki alone!

I'll only play Rikki in pub matches. I'll focus on other heroes. Tried playing viper the first two matches, but DotA wasn't having it!

Top Bottom