• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

Somnia

LOL Nintendo, fucking company never fails. Block Smash from being streamed at Evo, 5 days before it starts when your die hard fans raised 95,000 for breast cancer research to get the game into Evo. My god can they fuck their fan base over anymore?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
LOL Nintendo, fucking company never fails. Block Smash from being streamed at Evo, 5 days before it starts when your die hard fans raised 95,000 for breast cancer research to get the game into Evo. My god can they fuck their fan base over anymore?

Its not really fucking over their own fanbase as it is fucking over the Evo or fighting community fanbase. I love smash bros more than anyone here and i could care less.

Sokantish

I think he's talking about the nintendo fans that donated all that money. Or do you think it was just EVO fans that did that and they picked a game they hated to donate money to?

Mrbob

What benefit does Nintendo get from blocking the stream?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I think he's talking about the nintendo fans that donated all that money. Or do you think it was just EVO fans that did that and they picked a game they hated to donate money to?

It was a donation. It wasnt a kickstarter!

Somnia

Correct, it was Nintendo fans who raised that money. This is a big fuck you to all of them. Its not like Nintendo couldn't use the free advertising from Evo, its not like they don't have a new game in the series coming out.

This event could have helped the Smash community, its the biggest stage for them and they had to fight to get in. Nintendo just took a massive shit on that community and the fans who helped raise the money.

eznark

Banned
The fighting game community seems to consist of like 200 people. 20 of them probably give a fuck about Smash. While this is an idiotic and pointless decisions by Nintendo ultimately...no fucks will be given in the real world.

Somnia

The fighting game community seems to consist of like 200 people. 20 of them probably give a fuck about Smash. While this is an idiotic and pointless decisions by Nintendo ultimately...no fucks will be given in the real world.

You're insane, the fighting game community is pretty fucking huge.

Sokantish

That's exactly what it is, except picture a scummier money shop than DOTA's. I do like that you can scale the UI, it's huge in DOTA 2

BigAT

I've hardly played League so I can't really argue much as far as mechanics is concerned, but it's hard for me to even consider Dota vs. LoL a serious debate when League gives you just 10 heroes with the rest locked behind a paywall while Dota 2 is all ~110 heroes for free.

I understand League was out before and has an established playerbase, but if you're a new player trying to decided between the two it seems like no contest.

Trasher

I've hardly played League so I can't really argue much as far as mechanics is concerned, but it's hard for me to even consider Dota vs. LoL a serious debate when League gives you just 10 heroes with the rest locked behind a paywall while Dota 2 is all ~110 heroes for free.

I understand League was out before and has an established playerbase, but if you're a new player trying to decided between the two it seems like no contest.

lololololol

Trasher

Gimme a break, are you really pretending that downloading a mod for a 15 year old game is the same as LoL releasing offici ally (and in boxed copies in stores) in like 2007?

giantkitkat.jpg

I meant League vs. Dota 2 specifically, I'm well aware of Dota's origins.

lol I know. I'm just trolling. eznark will catch on someday!

eznark

Banned
Yeah

Edit: @eznark: LoL was released in stores? I thought it was a F2P download.

You could buy it in stores for access to additional heroes and skins. I bought it and got an awesome Kayle silver skin! It was like $20 and the cool thing was you got $20 in store credit in addition to the "collectors edition" stuff.

Top Bottom