• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

BigAT

So essentially, it's the same exact thing without the word Beta.

new-hat-stacy.gif

Thanks to trasher I have been watching a lot of these Purge pub casts. This last one has some good stuff in it for us noobs i think. They place sentry wards where they know they are going to fight to catch out the invis heroes. They basically blow up the opposing nyx and make him useless.

I've seen Luke do this in one of our in house games but it didn't really work quite as well cause us noobs are gonna noob, ya know?

Anyway, for those that are interested!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEAEoo83QI0

they end up losing tho :(

So you can filter replays by skill level and by player name so I did some snooping

First ever Official Madden GAF Doto Tier List:

Very High:

1. BigAT
  2. Trasher

High:

1. Luke
  2. Ferny
  3. bitat alt
  4. trashcan alt

Normal:

1. Everyone else :(

Though there must be a pretty big gap in talent in the normal pool cause I figured Az would be 'High' as he's quite a bit better than the us noobs

Mrbob

Hot damn, SMT4 3DS is 50 bucks? It went into my gold box today for 46.99.

Edit: You do get a ton of stuff with it I see.

SMTIVlimitededitionboxset.jpg

Ferny

So you can filter replays by skill level and by player name so I did some snooping

First ever Official Madden GAF Doto Tier List:

Very High:

1. BigAT
  2. Trasher

High:

1. Luke
  2. Ferny
  3. bitat alt
  4. trashcan alt

Normal:

1. Everyone else :(

Though there must be a pretty big gap in talent in the normal pool cause I figured Az would be 'High' as he's quite a bit better than the us noobs

LOL I just looked and every game played with you guys are Normal. All games with AT and my friend, Gravestorm, are all Very High, and most games with myself and AT and Rubx are High.

eznark

Banned
Lol meepo

I'm in the max fun tier so you guys can fuck your mothers with you centimeter peters. Go back to America. China no want

McNei1y

He's DOTA 1 hero, not yet in 2 though.

Ah. It was weird because I saw that word twice today. One in that guide that someone posted earlier on which hero's beginners should play. Then again in a game when someone randomly said "I'm Techies".

BigAT

Well, just set a new record for longest match duration, 1:31:46. My god, what a game. Over 16 minutes longer than my previous record. Thank god we won, it was an insane throne race to finish it.

LukeSmith

The Official MaddenGAF DOTA Tier List

In the land of the Blind, the one-eyed man is King
  • Ferngully, the Last Bloodseeker
  • Azwethinkwe-I-should-get-a-forum-name-change
  • Eznark, Grand Wizard Warlock

Pause for a sec guys, Emergency
  • Nightz

"Dude, Quit Taking My Farm"
  • Crow
  • Mastershake

"Which is higher, my blood alcohol level or my CS/minute?"
  • McNeily

Do One Thing, Do It Well
  • Rors
  • CB

"Have Wards Will Travel"
  • Motherfucking No One

Guys, I'm just gonna press "Random," OK?
  • Splat
  • Livewire

"Delusions of Grandeur"
  • MrBob

Hey Guys, Got a Spot for Me?
  • Pheenix
  • Ramirez
  • Smokey

Mrbob

I was fighting 3 on 1 in the top lane for about the first half of the game. How we didn't get a big push is baffling. Well I suppose we could look at Pinapple who said he played his second Doto game. He stood around quite a bit.

Smokey

I may come out of retirement and style in dota. I've played a total of 37 minutes. If I felt up to it I could make it to BigAT tier

Imma let At shine and do his thing tho

eznark

Banned
The Official MaddenGAF DOTA Tier List

In the land of the Blind, the one-eyed man is King
  • Ferngully, the Last Bloodseeker
  • Azwethinkwe-I-should-get-a-forum-name-change
  • Eznark, Grand Wizard Warlock

Pause for a sec guys, Emergency
  • Nightz

"Dude, Quit Taking My Farm"
  • Crow
  • Mastershake

"Which is higher, my blood alcohol level or my CS/minute?"
  • McNeily

Do One Thing, Do It Well
  • Rors
  • CB

"Have Wards Will Travel"
  • Motherfucking No One

Guys, I'm just gonna press "Random," OK?
  • Splat
  • Livewire

"Delusions of Grandeur"
  • MrBob

Hey Guys, Got a Spot for Me?
  • Pheenix
  • Ramirez
  • Smokey

So good.

Alternate tier title: "You Know Nothing Bob Snow"

AMAZING

Mrbob

What is my proper counter to BloodSeeker when I'm playing as WindRunner? He does that blood soak move that sucks out my HP if I move, but movement is what WindRunner is based on. Should I buy a bottle to counteract the HP loss?

What is my proper counter to BloodSeeker when I'm playing as WindRunner? He does that blood soak move that sucks out my HP if I move, but movement is what WindRunner is based on. Should I buy a bottle to counteract the HP loss?

Buy TP scrolls. When he casts his ult on you, TP to base. He doesn't have any stuns to interrupt the TP, so you should have no problems getting back before he kills you.

BigAT

Turn on Windrun for the evasion, then TP out to safety and take the time to insult his parents as he impotently tries to kill you. Carry a TP on you at all times.

Counters Viper as well.

Turn on Windrun for the evasion, then TP out to safety and take the time to insult his parents as he impotently tries to kill you. Carry a TP on you at all times.

Counters Viper as well.

I'd like to clarify on behalf of AT. Don't run after you pop evasion. Stand still and TP out.

Bummed I didn't get an award when I was the goddam Cardinals in the Madden '12 league and beat Ramirez and he pissed and moaned about it.

I miss my MaddenGaf league days, but can't get into the franchise again.. just no time for it even though it was the best online league I had ever played in.

y'all played NCAA this year? Seems pretty good

Bummed I didn't get an award when I was the goddam Cardinals in the Madden '12 league and beat Ramirez and he pissed and moaned about it.

I miss my MaddenGaf league days, but can't get into the franchise again.. just no time for it even though it was the best online league I had ever played in.

y'all played NCAA this year? Seems pretty good

I'm almost sure you did!

TheCrow

Doesn't he do that after every game?

Top Bottom