• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

Mrbob

We need those sweet Tross videos back.

Over/Under number of times Ramirez blames the PS4 controller for him losing the game initial PS4 season. I'll set the number at 6!

BigAT

AT is pubbin with cancerlancer

what a nub

EDIT---

smokes wouldn't escape Luke's tier list

Hey, I randomed him.

Nothing better than getting in a game and the first thing you hear is three different voices speaking Spanish to each other. It's a wonder when your team has bad communication and you have two players that end up going a combined 1-29.

Hey, I randomed him.

Nothing better than getting in a game and the first thing you hear is three different voices speaking Spanish to each other. It's a wonder when your team has bad communication and you have two players that end up going a combined 1-29.

Aren't you in the very high tier? Or were you playing on smurf number dos?

Trasher

Aren't you in the very high tier? Or were you playing on smurf number dos?

Just because you are in high tier doesn't mean you won't get low tier players on your team. I believe the MM system just tries to create matchups that include the same amount of different skill tiered players on both sides. So when you are searching for a game and you see that bar icon increase it's length (aka the search range), I'm pretty sure that means it's just widening the skill range of the pool that it can take players from.

I honestly don't know if this is 100% true, but I always sort of assumed it worked this way.

Yeah I get that, but I figure the only way you're getting into a very high tier game is if you're grouped up with someone in that tier. Like how our smurfs got dragged into one with AT.

Nightz

Yesterday I joined a matchmaking game where everyone on my team had less than 40 wins. Each person on the other team had at least 400 wins. That was fun.

eznark

Banned
Yeah I'm right at about .500 despite playing the vast majority of my matches as pub solo mm. I feel like the system is generally pretty damn good.

Mrbob

Eznark, I ordered SMT4. Never played SMT before. If it sucks you will buy me the 35 dollar WindRunner gear package.

50 games in

.5800 win rate

Using some quick CB math in my head... that means I have won five thousand eight hundred percent of my games!!!!

I'm pretty much the best doto player ever

Trasher

I can understand the win rates with some of the accounts that only have a couple hundred games, but god damn. 80+ percent win rate with over 1000 games? Jeezo.

4LLoF5v.png

BigAT

I can understand the win rates with some of the accounts that only have a couple hundred games, but god damn. 80+ percent win rate with over 1000 games? Jeezo.

http://i.imgur.com/4LLoF5v.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's pretty wild. The craziest part about the first guy with over 1000+ games is that almost all of them are with Wisp.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/lIsRD6d.jpg

I watched one of his replays once, he does some really smart things with Wisp, but he also seemed to always be playing with a partner so they could coordinate really well.

Trasher

Yeah, it's pretty wild. The craziest part about the first guy with over 1000+ games is that almost all of them are with Wisp.

lIsRD6d.jpg

I watched one of his replays once, he does some really smart things with Wisp, but he also seemed to always be playing with a partner so they could coordinate really well.

Wisp seems to be huge if you can coordinate with him. I know that he's a super popular hero with the Chinese.

I was just telling Luke that I want to try a Wisp/global presence team. Something like:

Wisp
Naix (infest Wisp)
Nature's Prophet
Tinker (BoTs)
*Insert pretty much any hero here since Wisp can tether someone*

Or we could even replace Tinker with a Spectre, and then pick a solid mid that would be tethered with Wisp.

BigAT

Nah, those heroes take way to much work. You have to go with the team that doesn't even need to leave the fountain.

Zeus (Aghs + Refresher)
Nature's Prophet
Silencer (Aghs)
AA (Aghs)
Gyro (Aghs)

Maybe Spectre with Radiance/Diffusal/Refresher.

I actually did face a Nature's Prophet the other day that went Aghs, then Refresher for his first two items. It's kind of a troll build if you can't get it going properly, but it was actually pretty devastating getting hit by double Prophet ult right in a row.

Trasher

Nah, those heroes take way to much work. You have to go with the team that doesn't even need to leave the fountain.

Zeus (Aghs + Refresher)
Nature's Prophet
Silencer (Aghs)
AA (Aghs)
Gyro (Aghs)

Maybe Spectre with Radiance/Diffusal/Refresher.

I actually did face a Nature's Prophet the other day that went Aghs, then Refresher for his first two items. It's kind of a troll build if you can't get it going properly, but it was actually pretty devastating getting hit by double Prophet ult right in a row.

That lineup is too tough with our teams. Would take years to farm those big items for most people!

Yeah, that Prophet item build is hilarious. Completely ruins the farm for his teammates though haha.

I would rather enjoy trying both of those teams one night. Let's do it!

eznark

Banned
This lake is really awesome as is all this booze but fuck me I miss dota.

Bob when did I tell you to buy SMTIV?? I'm getting it on the eshop. When's that butch come out?

Trasher

Trasher do you do the item bet stuff on dotalounge?

I've always wanted to, but I honestly don't know how it works and I've never known what website people do it on. Is it fairly easy to get into?

I probably should have been doing it for a while now. I've deleted rares in hopes of it paying out mythicals, and it has yet to get me one so far haha.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I've always wanted to, but I honestly don't know how it works and I've never known what website people do it on. Is it fairly easy to get into?

I probably should have been doing it for a while now. I've deleted rares in hopes of it paying out mythicals, and it has yet to get me one so far haha.

http://www.dota2lounge.com/

Its fairly painless. i threw some shit on the Dignitas/Denial match just to see how it works.

BigAT

I've done it before. It's not especially hard to do, but I didn't really care for it and don't do it anymore. Mostly because all of the items I won were garbage I already had. It seemed like people kind of just recycled the same items for betting.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I've done it before. It's not especially hard to do, but I didn't really care for it and don't do it anymore. Mostly because all of the items I won were garbage I already had. It seemed like people kind of just recycled the same items for betting.

Even if thats true, it seems like it could be a decent place to trade stuff with other people.

Smokey

Creeps and lane control are pretty important in Dota right, so how and when do you decide to gank since that pretty much leaves a lane open right? And do most people gank from the solo lane? Do you just rely on your creeps to hold the fort then?

And I assume you're not really focused on taking out the other heroes at first, but rather the towers? Then Roshan? Or do you leave him alone until necessary? I'm probably wrong about everything

Top Bottom