• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

Creeps and lane control are pretty important in Dota right, so how and when do you decide to gank since that pretty much leaves a lane open right? And do most people gank from the solo lane? Do you just rely on your creeps to hold the fort then?

It begins...

Creeps and lane control are pretty important in Dota right, so how and when do you decide to gank since that pretty much leaves a lane open right? And do most people gank from the solo lane? Do you just rely on your creeps to hold the fort then?

And I assume you're not really focused on taking out the other heroes at first, but rather the towers? Then Roshan? Or do you leave him alone until necessary? I'm probably wrong about everything

Brother you and I must team together

There's gotta be an asian and black hero right

McNei1y

And I assume you're not really focused on taking out the other heroes at first, but rather the towers? Then Roshan? Or do you leave him alone until necessary?

The lane phase ends rather soon. It seems to end when roughly everyone has their ult. People in the mid (or solo lanes) gank sooner because of their rapid level gains since they don't share xp with anyone.

Ferny

And I assume you're not really focused on taking out the other heroes at first, but rather the towers? Then Roshan? Or do you leave him alone until necessary? I'm probably wrong about everything

Taking out the heroes is more important than the towers to a degree because taking out the heroes denies them XP, gold, and allows you to have it for yourself in lane for about 20-40 seconds before they respawn. Leaving the lane is fine depending on your lane. It's expected that mid lane leaves to assist the other lanes at certain points in the match. Rosh is a big thing to keep track of because of the gold it gives for your teams and also the fact that it drops a very important item (or two items at a certain point) so it's basically something to ward around for vision of the pit he's in.

Smokey

The lane phase ends rather soon. It seems to end when roughly everyone has their ult. People in the mid (or solo lanes) gank sooner because of their rapid level gains since they don't share xp with anyone.

ult = ultimate skill/attribute ?

If so you can't use that at the start? You have to do enough damage in battle to access it?

McNei1y

ult = ultimate skill/attribute ?

If so you can't use that at the start? You have to do enough damage in battle to access it?

Yeah. You are able to skill into that ability when you hit level 6.

No. You have normally 3 other abilities you can choose to start with. As you kill creeps in the lane phase, you gain experience, as well as gold... but only if you last hit the creeps.

Smokey

Yeah. You are able to skill into that ability when you hit level 6.

No. You have normally 3 other abilities you can choose to start with. As you kill creeps in the lane phase, you gain experience, as well as gold... but only if you last hit the creeps.

Last hit on a creep gives everybody in the party that are in the area gold right? Or does it not matter where you are in the map

McNei1y

Last hit on a creep gives everybody in the party that are in the area gold right? Or does it not matter where you are in the map

It only gives the person that got the last hit gold. So if you and I are in the same lane and you last hit the creep, you get the gold.

Ferny

You're my boy Crow!

nGTxqeA.png

also my first ever game of DOTA was a win. I'm so proud.

rvT1kC7.png

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FMT is gonna be the only loser playing Killer Instinct when we have 5 on 5 games every night with Luke and AT on commentary.

McNei1y

Tri-Lane wasn't too bad but that was literally the second time I have ever done it so I wasn't aware of all the tricks. That was also the second time I have ever done a stack and pull.

I really like what Necrolyte can do but I need to get more familiar with him. It seems like I'm really nothing at the start of team fights until enemy heroes get half health.

Trasher

So is there any reason to buy this Compendium? Do they (or anything else in the Barbie catalog) ever go on (significant) sale?
I'm guessing it will be Valve's expansion from what they did last year in terms of spectating games and getting the chance to win cool items. Their own sort of rare item betting stuff that those websites have already been doing this last year.

With the addition of the new player cards playing a factor as well of course.

LiveWire

I'm guessing it will be Valve's expansion from what they did last year in terms of spectating games and getting the chance to win cool items. Their own sort of rare item betting stuff that those websites have already been doing this last year.

With the addition of the new player cards playing a factor as well of course.

OK, so is any of that worth money or free games to me?

BigAT

They should really fix matchmaking so that teams with a manual goalie only face other teams with one. Playing against a team with a CPU goalie when you're using a human-controlled one is so dumb.

Top Bottom