• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

Wow at that game. I didn't know people could be that bad at Doto. You guys should have used your gold on cool items to try them out. For shame, team.

It was brutal for them. I actually started to feel bad at the end :(

You should have watched the game before, it was a close 60 minute game. Lots of back and forth. In the end we pulled it off!

You should watch the replay and critique us!

TheCrow

It was brutal for them. I actually started to feel bad at the end :(

You should have watched the game before, it was a close 60 minute game. Lots of back and forth. In the end we pulled it off!

You should watch the replay and critique us!

I think we did a great job shutting down faceless void. I was always trying to doom before team fights so he couldn't get his ult off.

BigAT

I have a Bloodstone of the Precursor in my Steam Inventory, but I've never played Dota 2. Anyone knows what is it?

It's supposed to be for anyone that participated in the beta. Did you accept a beta invite but didn't actually play? That could be enough.

I like that we're the go to Dota thread now.

Smokey

Pheeniks if you want to play 2k tonight we can. Had to shut off my 360. Played against a friend and goddamn James Harden had 70 pts (lolo) and I lose at the buzzer on a goddamn toilet bowl 3pter by durant.

Definition of fuuuuuuu

Somnia

It's supposed to be for anyone that participated in the beta. Did you accept a beta invite but didn't actually play? That could be enough.

I like that we're the go to Dota thread now.

I'm more amazed at how many people stalk our thread.

Nightz

Pheeniks if you want to play 2k tonight we can. Had to shut off my 360. Played against a friend and goddamn James Harden had 70 pts (lolo) and I lose at the buzzer on a goddamn toilet bowl 3pter by durant.

Definition of fuuuuuuu

When are you making your Dota debut?

eznark

Banned
If they don't sell 10 million copies to break even like Cliffy B says, are you getting fired?

Luke is taking his fat severance and starting a DOTA league where he and BigAT will be featured casters. It'll be full WWF with storylines, heels and scripted matches. Every player will be a character and have a persona. I'll be Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Shake will be Sergeant Slaughter and Bob will be Golddust.

Sokantish

dinkdoink.jpg

eznark

Banned
Civ still sucks :(

Civilization V is a ramshackle collection of astonishingly dumb tactical AI, half-baked diplomacy, a godawful mess of social policies, an even more godawful mess of religion, a precarious interface, and a Keystone Kops routine of armies, navies, workers, generals, and now artists stumbling over each other one hex at a time. The difficult part about having a strong military isn’t the upkeep. It’s figuring out where to put everyone. Add to all this some crass DLC and it’s enough to send you screaming back to Civilization IV.

Until a new expansion comes along.

After the jump, how brave? How new?

Now more than ever, Civilization V is a Frankenstein monster of clumsily stitched together gameplay under a thick layer of pancake make-up production values widely mistaken for game design. If you care enough about strategy games to peer closely, you’ll see an absolute abomination. Better not to peer closely. Instead, click, pick, and next turn your way through what passes these days for “interesting decisions”.

Somnia

Luke is taking his fat severance and starting a DOTA league where he and BigAT will be featured casters. It'll be full WWF with storylines, heels and scripted matches. Every player will be a character and have a persona. I'll be Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Shake will be Sergeant Slaughter and Bob will be Golddust.

This would be fucking amazing.

LiveWire

So what should you buy in the mid-late game, after a few towers are down and the bulk of your remaining XP will come from ganking/team fights? I find myself at around levels 12-16 with several thousand gold and nothing to buy (depending on the character and the in-game guides). Some guides are specific enough to break out early/mid/late/endgame/luxury items, others are just starter, essential and luxury. I've started getting BKB whenever I have some extra gold but I feel like before I buy that I should be getting something (weapon/armor) that either provides great stats or otherwise fits whatever hero (str, agi, int) I have.

BigAT

So what should you buy in the mid-late game, after a few towers are down and the bulk of your remaining XP will come from ganking/team fights? I find myself at around levels 12-16 with several thousand gold and nothing to buy (depending on the character and the in-game guides). Some guides are specific enough to break out early/mid/late/endgame/luxury items, others are just starter, essential and luxury. I've started getting BKB whenever I have some extra gold but I feel like before I buy that I should be getting something (weapon/armor) that either provides great stats or otherwise fits whatever hero (str, agi, int) I have.

Impossible to give anything even resembling a blanket answer, it differs so much between heroes and based on what the makeup of the enemy team is. It's something you'll get a better idea on eventually, but it takes a long, long time to get a handle on it. I'd say right now just try to find better or more complex guides (http://dota2alttab.com/ http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/heroes) that will give you more information on what to buy late game.

Top Bottom