• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

So what should you buy in the mid-late game, after a few towers are down and the bulk of your remaining XP will come from ganking/team fights? I find myself at around levels 12-16 with several thousand gold and nothing to buy (depending on the character and the in-game guides). Some guides are specific enough to break out early/mid/late/endgame/luxury items, others are just starter, essential and luxury. I've started getting BKB whenever I have some extra gold but I feel like before I buy that I should be getting something (weapon/armor) that either provides great stats or otherwise fits whatever hero (str, agi, int) I have.

I'll blanket it for you even though AT won't. If it's mid to late game and you have money, buy a bkb. The end.

Mrbob

Is it better to buy late game gear in pieces or try to save up for all of it at once?

I know it takes up more inventory slots to buy in pieces but some of that gear is really expensive around 5k to 6k. Last night in both games I basically bought late gear in chunks until I made it whole.

Is it better to buy late game gear in pieces or try to save up for all of it at once?

I know it takes up more inventory slots to buy in pieces but some of that gear is really expensive around 5k to 6k. Last night in both games I basically bought late gear in chunks until I made it whole.

You can just buy in pieces and keep the pieces in your stash.

Mrbob

What the hell, I received a +5 to my Steam Friends list bonus for crafting some cards. What is the cap? Seriously, a friends list increase is a bonus?

You can continuously craft card sets to new levels while only being able to get a small handful by playing games. Are you supposed to trade everything you don't want for just one set of cards you want to keep? You can buy them for fairly cheap but it is crazy how much of a pay scheme the trading cards really are.

Edit: I see I'm eligible for booster card drops now, but they seem completely random and no one knows how it works.

TheCrow

What the hell, I received a +5 to my Steam Friends list bonus for crafting some cards. What is the cap? Seriously, a friends list increase is a bonus?

You can continuously craft card sets to new levels while only being able to get a small handful by playing games. Are you supposed to trade everything you don't want for just one set of cards you want to keep? You can buy them for fairly cheap but it is crazy how much of a pay scheme the trading cards really are.

Edit: I see I'm eligible for booster card drops now, but they seem completely random and no one knows how it works.

i have no idea what any of this means. Lets just play dota.

Mrbob

Don't listen to Eznark. He bought Defiance based off of the 2/5 blasting Tom Chick gave it. Better than Halo 4 though.

Mrbob

Whewt, the 30 dollar digital 2K credit from Bioshits pre order working at amazon. Civ 5 Brave New World free for me.

I hope I can use the 30 dollar digital credit for the SMT4/FE combo on the Wii U eshop. Can purchase Pikmin 3 for 19.99 then.

Somnia

Whewt, the 30 dollar digital 2K credit from Bioshits pre order working at amazon. Civ 5 Brave New World free for me.

I hope I can use the 30 dollar digital credit for the SMT4/FE combo on the Wii U eshop. Can purchase Pikmin 3 for 19.99 then.

You can use it on the wiiu shop as long as you put the code they give you on the wiiu not 3ds

eznark

Banned
Don't listen to Eznark. He bought Defiance based off of the 2/5 blasting Tom Chick gave it. Better than Halo 4 though.

Actually I bought it based off of a podcast he did a few weeks ago that said the updates had made it a ton of fun. You keep living off of numbers though bob, your Golum brain can't handle nuance.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Magica is a good price on steam. Id buy it but i feel like we would never get a group going

McNei1y

abaddon is fucking awesome

Abaddon is fucking awful to face. As Necro, I chained the guy to the ground three times with my ult, which was for sure to kill him, but he used that thing that increases his health as he's hit. And then that other shield that explodes is a real pain in my ass!

Top Bottom