• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Having a massive and stupidly expensive wedding was so worth it, which I would not have believed beforehand. Guy is turning his into a fuckfest just to save a few bucks. Pathetic.

Of course our very own QOP thinks it alright.

QOP?

I can't wait for a thread on the merits of a pot luck reception.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
- When matching parties, the matchmaker now also considers the minimum experience level on both teams rather than just the average.

That seems useful

Having a massive and stupidly expensive wedding was so worth it, which I would not have believed beforehand. Guy is turning his into a fuckfest just to save a few bucks. Pathetic.

Of course our very own QOP thinks it alright.

That's not really fair. They may actually not have the money at all. I don't know the specifics, I only read the OP before I decided I couldn't be bothered to be interested, but I really didn't see what the big deal was.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
That's not really fair. They may actually not have the money at all. I don't know the specifics, I only read the OP before I decided I couldn't be bothered to be interested, but I really didn't see what the big deal was.

It's bad form to invite someone to a wedding and tell them "no guests". Especially bad when that person has a SO of five years. Even more bad to take offense when the invitation is declined.

It's bad form to invite someone to a wedding and tell them "no guests". Especially bad when that person has a SO of five years. Even more bad to take offense when the invitation is declined.

I'm not going to turn this into "Stupid Thread: Part Deux" so let's just agree to disagree on this one.

Trasher

wTK37NO.jpg

Need to add in a couple more though:

EGEL
Team
Team?
TEAM
Got my 35 minute bottle, time to win.
Just bought wards as a carry.
Don't forget: we have two couriers.

That's the biggest problem I have with the whole thing.

It's an invitation not a summons.

Rorschach

Whoot! Three bars of 3G! Missing out on steam sale. Took me a few tries just to buy DS again. Take my monies, damnit! Did DotA get another update?

McNei1y

I had fun in that game even though it ended up in a loss. I'll select a hard carry if we have the same type of team build next time. Huskar and Anti-Mage were real assholes.

Sokantish

I died a bunch in that first dungeon, but then killed the first boss in like three turns. It was weird. The game has made me paranoid now and I have to save every two minutes

Mrbob

I'm on the third training quest in SMT IV and have died three times. That's normal, right?
Yeah the game is insanely tough. I save often. Revival gets expensive so I'll hard close the game to the os, restart and reload. Process does not take long and you can save your play coins or Mecca.

TheCrow

Last night was my first truly bad experience playing Dota in a long, long time.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=71317181&postcount=3019

If that's what new players face in standard MM then I can see why they quit quickly.

That said, I want to do some compendium matches as a team! Is that even possible? I think the format is really, really cool.

It doesn't help that only people who buy the compendium can play those games. So you're stuck playing with tryhards.

Ferny

Last night was my first truly bad experience playing Dota in a long, long time.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=71317181&postcount=3019

If that's what new players face in standard MM then I can see why they quit quickly.

That said, I want to do some compendium matches as a team! Is that even possible? I think the format is really, really cool.

The same can be said about every MOBA ever made.

Just a suggestion as well, unless you can play every hero on that compendium game, don't play that mode. That really isn't the mode to learn a hero as the choices are very limited.

McNei1y

What the hell is it with MM putting me in games where everyone speaks Spanish? I have English set as my primary language. It sucks when I can't coordinate with my teammates.

BigAT

As I told eznark last night, the only problem with the mode and the likely reason he had such a bad experience is that too few people play Compendium. This causes there to be a much larger gap in experience/skill level than you would normally see in matchmaking because the system just can't find 10 people at a balanced level. It normally takes only 2-3 minutes to find a balanced match, you can see how an 8 minute wait time and the wider search range that comes with it would cause players to be matched in a skill level they don't belong. The limited lack of hero selection also doesn't help for players that aren't extremely familiar with every hero.

eznark

Banned
I think I remember you saying Witcher 1 was better than Witcher 2, does that mean I should go get Witcher 1 and beat that?

Yeah! They are both amazing. The Witcher 1 is the best contemporary game ever made. The Witcher 2 is a close second.

As I told eznark last night, the only problem with the mode and the likely reason he had such a bad experience is that too few people play Compendium. This causes there to be a much larger gap in experience/skill level than you would normally see in matchmaking because the system just can't find 10 people at a balanced level. It normally takes only 2-3 minutes to find a balanced match, you can see how an 8 minute wait time and the wider search range that comes with it would cause players to be matched in a skill level they don't belong. The limited lack of hero selection also doesn't help for players that aren't extremely familiar with every hero.

Yeah, I guess I kind of figured that people would be kind of chill and just having fun with it given the restrictions. That's been my experience in All Random so I though it'd be the same. One of the guys I played with was great and helpful but one was just unbearable.

Top Bottom