• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

Mrbob

It's from digital foundry though. Those guys who were adamant PS4 recording was only 7 minutes.

Luke could chime in and give us the real talk on the topic. No one else has. Strangest move ever if true.

"Hey devs, we'll give you twice the memory but suck it all up in our OS we now bloated!"

Shit social consoles confirmed. I just want a gaming device.

Edit: I knew I could count on the gaming side for gifs:

doraps4.gif

Edit2: Haha, smokey getting clowned in that thread with his terrible post.

Mrbob

He should have gone with it instead of stirring the pot.

Yeah, he shown his Xbox fanboy too much in the public eye.

It was a weird time to gloat and goad people. Usable PS4 memory isn't as much of an advantage anymore, but still an advantage. He should have known better and kept the crazy to this thread. If he is gonna get banned, make it worth it.

On top of all this, still might not be true and he got banned for no good reason.

BigAT

You start making heated posts on Gaming, in a console fanboy thread, you're asking for trouble. Smokey should know better.

Somnia

I like how Bob posts a link to an indie dev that says he has no intention of ever working on Xbox one or buying one because they dislike MS, saying the self publishing thing has negative stuff we don't know about (despite other Indies liking what they are hearing)... and acts like its a #truthfact.

Yet tries to act like this recent PS4 news possibly isn't legit and waits for more info.

People are blowing up on this RAM thing when it's not even a big deal, Xbox fans have just been waiting to trounce on some negative PS4 news for ages.

Mrbob

Sounds like that Eurogamer article is misleading.. Poor Somnia. When you see Leadbutter is the author you take pause.

Here's the deal...somewhat. From a dev at one of the biggest in the industry. Just a messenger here.

Dev still a little cagey to give out 100% concrete numbers unfortunately like I was previously told, so I apologize ahead of time that they're not as detailed, but these are supposed to be the closest to detailed info I get on the OS footprint:

-At most, the OS uses 1.5GB, with a good amount of that helping the HD recording feature and on the fly switching/ multi tasking
-4.5GB is indeed about what's available for devs at present.
-1GB is set aside for futureproofing OS operations down the line.
-1GB for developer reserve, should they need it

And finally as an important point, I'm being told the faster RAM in the PS4 does in fact make a huge difference.

Somnia

Sounds like that Eurogamer article is misleading.. Poor Somnia. When you see Leadbutter is the author you take pause.

Did you just ignore my last paragraph where I said it doesn't matter?

None of this spec shit matters to me. The only time I care about specs is when I build a PC.

Sokantish

Sounds exactly like what the article says, at least the part people care about. What're you saying, Bob?!

I'll be glad when we can get back to debating which system has the better games and stop the pissing matches over unconfirmed specs.

X on Wii U is gettting GOTY next year!

BigAT

I'll be glad when we can get back to debating which system has the better games and stop the pissing matches over unconfirmed specs.

MS and Sony should be thrilled people are being immature fanboys about meaningless system specs and ignoring how awful all the games for their new systems are.
Unless you don't own a PC.

Did you just ignore my last paragraph where I said it doesn't matter?

None of this spec shit matters to me. The only time I care about specs is when I build a PC.

Gotta find it amusing anytime Bob thinks we give as much of a fuck about this console war as he does

AT, how do you usually build your NP?

Starting to practice my jungle NP and I go midas -> treads -> shadow blade -> deso

Not really sure what to get after that...

Somnia

Starting to practice my jungle NP and I go midas -> treads -> shadow blade -> deso

Want some fun? TP on top of that higher rock with the eye on it in radiant jungle and kill the neutrals there :p

BigAT

Do you start with Basilius?

NP is a hero where I am really flexible with everything in my build after Treads, depending on the game. Shadowblade is in the mix more often than not lately. If the other team has blink heroes or other heroes that can be shut down with a silence (ex. Weaver, Storm Spirit), I usually go Orchid, then Sheep Stick. If I really need pushing power, Necro Book (also great if they have invis heroes) and Maelstrom. If we really need DPS, Deso and Daedelus or MKB.

Sheep Stick is definitely always good on Furion though.

Get a sheepstick

Do you start with Basilius?

NP is a hero where I am really flexible with everything in my build after Treads, depending on the game. Shadowblade is in the mix more often than not lately. If the other team has blink heroes or other heroes that can be shut down with a silence (ex. Weaver, Storm Spirit), I usually go Orchid, then Sheep Stick. If I really need pushing power, Necro Book (also great if they have invis heroes) and Maelstrom. If we really need DPS, Deso and Daedelus or MKB.

Sheep Stick is definitely always good on Furion though.

Thanks!

Yeah, I started with a basi and two clarities.

No idea what a necro book is(had to look it up) so I will deff get some practice with that item. I thought deso was a core item cause the negative armor works on buildings. Seems he carries a lot of items with active abilities(which i will forget to use)... this is going to be rough!

Jennings is going to make a pro bowl QB of Ponder:

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/foot...nings-questions-aaron-rodgers-leadership.html

I don't even know if I can rip Rodgers here. Sounds like sour grapes.

lolol

dood is a bitch... he couldn't even fight his own battles. His sister had to say what he wanted to say on twitter. Even now that he plays for a division rival, he still refuses to sack up. Still trying to be all political and shit.

"12 is a great guy but..."

bitch made

edit---

the arrow at the end of that gif gets me every time

Top Bottom