• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

eznark

Banned
If Bob played NP:

ibuOWO4aFpqnnv.gif

I was gone for like ten days for a wedding and shiz. Back now though. DotA happens tonight.

Edit: Shake's new main is Jugs now? Ugh.

What is your problem with jugz, brah? I play a race car semi carry jugz and It's so much fun!

I've been playing a lot of LS and NP lately.

Sanjuro

DOTA is on OSX now...

Probably going to install it. Maybe play a game with you guys. Then end up forever alone after I'm removed from all friends lists after I ruin team morale.

DOTA is on OSX now...

Probably going to install it. Maybe play a game with you guys. Then end up forever alone after I'm removed from all friends lists after I ruin team morale.

Be warned, the OSX version is unoptimized shit. I downloaded it and after realizing I was getting half the framerate at best, I switched back to running it on bootcamp.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
DOTA is on OSX now...

We survived the early phee games. Its ok

BigAT

BigAT,

Jungle NP

7:10 Hand of Midas
11:38 Treads
18:30 Shadow Blade

1/0/2

good bad ugly?

I honestly don't pay much attention to specific item timings, that seems alright though. One thing I noticed in our matches that you could improve on with NP was having a global presence during the laning phase. There were definitely a few close fights in the lanes that would have gone differently had you TP'd in, to the point I forgot we had an NP. A sudden 3v2 early on can make a huge difference and leaving the jungle is worth it if it means securing a kill or two.

When you're just autoattacking creeps in the jungle, try to click around the map to each lane and see how the health bars are. Being really great with Prophet means suddenly showing up wherever you're needed on the map. Figuring when you should and shouldn't teleport takes time and experience.

Somnia

Wait... TI3 stuff starts Friday??? I took off work Friday too for something else, wooo

Gonna be watching Dota all this weekend and next I guess.

Somnia

Yep matches begin this Friday, not the top 8 or anything, but still.

Schedule

Groupstages, Wildcards and Solo Championship

August 2nd
Wild Card Match - 13:00 PDT (22:00 CEST)
Solo Championship Playoffs - 19:00 PDT (04:00 CEST, August 3rd)
August 3rd
Groupstages Day 1 - 9:00-22:00 PDT (18:00-7:00 CEST)
August 4th
Groupstages Day 1 - 9:00-22:00 PDT (18:00-7:00 CEST)
August 5th
Groupstages Day 1 - 9:00-14:00 PDT (18:00-23:00 CEST)

Main Event

August 7th
Playoffs Day 1 - 12:00-21:00~23:00 PDT (21:00-6:00~8:00 CEST)
All-Star Match - End of Day
August 8th
Playoffs Day 2 - 12:00-21:00~23:00 PDT (21:00-6:00~8:00 CEST)
Solo Championship Grand Finals - End of Day
August 9th
Playoffs Day 3 - 12:00-21:00~23:00 PDT (21:00-6:00~8:00 CEST)
August 10th
Playoffs Day 4 - 12:00-19:00~23:00 PDT (21:00-4:00~8:00 CEST)
"Free to Play" Advanced Screening (NOT AVAILABLE ON STREAM) - End of Day
August 11th
Playoffs Day 5 - 12:00-18:00~21:00 PDT (21:00-3:00~6:00 CEST)
All-Star Match - End of Day

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Bob put on a thanksgiving feast in the bottom lane.

Fmt has already surpassed him and he doesn't even use hot keys for his skills

BigAT

Oh god, I just realized the season premiere of Breaking Bad is the same night as the finals of The International.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

mGCgqCv.gif

Top Bottom