• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

McNei1y

I just played a pub match just because I needed a Dota fill. I went 12-6-29 with Spectre. We won by 50+ but my team would never push. The game could've ended 20 minutes earlier. I was so frustrated lol.

http://www.easports.com/nhl/news-up...ameplay-improvements-true-performance-skating

NHL®14 will feature a number of key gameplay improvements for the series, including improved Hockey I.Q., better goal-scoring balance and more realistic goalie behavior.

This week, the NHL 14 dev team talks about the improvements made in to True Performance Skating.

Last year saw the introduction of physics-based skating and over 1,000 new skating animations to the EA SPORTS NHL franchise. In its second year, True Performance Skating features greater player responsiveness and unprecedented control through improved balance between speed and momentum, quicker pivots and enhanced lateral skating.

NHL 14 is all about gameplay balance, so we’ve improved True Performance Skating by adding lateral strafing, giving players the tools they need to play stronger defense.

Defensive strafing gives you the ability to move your player laterally across the ice while still facing the puck. By improving body positioning, defenders in NHL 14 will have more opportunities to make plays. You’ll be able to force attacking players wide and then use a poke check, a stick lift or a well-timed hit to separate them from the puck.

A big part of hockey is using quick changes in speed and direction to outmaneuver an opponent. Being able to defend those movements is important.

The speed of pivots has been improved in NHL 14 to ensure that players feel more responsive as they skate. Players will no longer appear flat-footed when they attempt to stay aligned with a streaking forward.

True Performance Skating introduced physics-based skating and this year, it has been further tuned to produce improved balance between speed and momentum. The result is that players will be able to make quicker cuts and sharper turns at high speeds, creating greater player responsiveness and control.

To protect against hits from the opposition, True Performance Skating allowed attacking skaters to perform 45-degree cuts to quickly change direction. This year, skaters will be able to perform multiple evasions without there being a delay in the action.

fuck yeah

mcneily dome 2.0

Ferny

Bob the reason why I said their tower going down wasn't good for us was because they denied the tower. Just like creeps, you can deny towers as well.

eznark

Banned
Bob please get a mic bro. Also generally don't suicide for towers. And if you are down 0-7-1 in the first five minutes, forget your items. Ward and help as much as you can.

We yell at you because we care!

BigAT

Bob please get a mic bro. Also generally don't suicide for towers. And if you are down 0-7-1 in the first five minutes, forget your items. Ward and help as much as you can.

We yell at you because we care!

But just don't forget your items.

BigAT

Cool list of trending heroes:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xVhGGEUqE90Ogqdjw_6NzzQ2FsQa4WMywz5alUlrylo/pub

What makes Sniper so completely unplayable at the pro level? I've never understood any positives about WD so I'm not surprised there.

He's incredibly squishy and has no escape abilities, so he's basically a free kill whenever the other team wants to organize a gank. He doesn't bring anything to team fights aside from his single target damage. Basically the same reason Drow is down there with just a single pick, but even she has her AOE silence if nothing else.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Everytime I watch a bit of DOTA, I know less about it. It's just a incomprehensible mess to me...

eznark

Banned
He's incredibly squishy and has no escape abilities, so he's basically a free kill whenever the other team wants to organize a gank. He doesn't bring anything to team fights aside from his single target damage. Basically the same reason Drow is down there with just a single pick, but even she has her AOE silence if nothing else.

That single damage plus the stun seems like a pretty useful little tool as long as you can get up a shadow blade or something. Seems like it'd have more strategic applications than say Clinkz or Undying.

Mrbob

So when Irrational/2K announced 3 DLC packs for Bioshock Infinite, who called the first pack would be a horde mode? GGWP.

Somnia

TI3 drama starting already in Amsterdam. Delta overbooked, so Na'Vi got on the next flight and then Alliance couldn't get on that flight cause Na'Vi took the last of the seats so now Alliance is bumped to the next flight lol

Ferny

TI3 drama starting already in Amsterdam. Delta overbooked, so Na'Vi got on the next flight and then Alliance couldn't get on that flight cause Na'Vi took the last of the seats so now Alliance is bumped to the next flight lol

As long as Dendi made the flight, i'm cool.

BigAT

AT why don't you check other stats like net worth/xpm/levels when casting us?

Listen, you guys are lucky I even remember to take a peek at the gold graph from time to time. The majority of my focus is spent trying to find someone I can be a sarcastic ass towards.

Mrbob

Yeah I liked your shock when you saw I got a kill pop up on the screen. Then you assumed I stole the kill from Livewire. :(

PhasebootsGate will live on forever. I still have no idea where they went? What happened? I was buying them piece by piece and when I got the final piece I had them on my but then they were gone.

Ferny

That's a baller avatar shake. I'm jelly.

Can we get one made for Bob? A dead Windrunner would be the most applicable.

Yeah I liked your shock when you saw I got a kill pop up on the screen. Then you assumed I stole the kill from Livewire. :(

PhasebootsGate will live on forever. I still have no idea where they went? What happened? I was buying them piece by piece and when I got the final piece I had them on my but then they were gone.
They were right next to the lower end of our base entrance. You couldn't see it unless you kind of scrolled to a certain spot. They were crazy hidden. No idea how it happened.

BigAT

Still waiting on someone to upload that replay so I can take a look. So dumb that broadcasters don't have access to private games they are in.

LiveWire

Still waiting on someone to upload that replay so I can take a look. So dumb that broadcasters don't have access to private games they are in.

I downloaded a copy, when I get home tonight I will upload and PM you the link.

BTW, anyone having any issues with dual monitor setups and DOTA? Occasionally when trying to scroll right and/or click a target on the right side of the screen the mouse cursor kinda pulls too far right and Windows thinks I'm clicking outside of the window and minimizes DOTA and shows the desktop. I'm wondering if I should just disable dual-monitor when I play DOTA or if there's some in-game setting I can use to rectify the problem?

BigAT

I downloaded a copy, when I get home tonight I will upload and PM you the link.

BTW, anyone having any issues with dual monitor setups and DOTA? Occasionally when trying to scroll right and/or click a target on the right side of the screen the mouse cursor kinda pulls too far right and Windows thinks I'm clicking outside of the window and minimizes DOTA and shows the desktop. I'm wondering if I should just disable dual-monitor when I play DOTA or if there's some in-game setting I can use to rectify the problem?

That used to happen to me, only when broadcasting games though. I think putting this command in console will fix it, there is definitely one that does.

dota_mouse_window_lock "1"

Trasher

Holy shit. Stepped into the NFL thread for a few, and I quickly remembered why I'm scared of posting in there. It's too hard reading/being associated with this shit:

Originally Posted by Kastrioti

Megatron, Suh, Fairley and of course Stafford are all heading into their prime together, and playing together for at least 3 years. The compontents to a dynasty are in the works if Stafford can stay healthy, with the young defensive line we have put together.

Can't believe he used the word "dynasty"...

Mrbob

The NFL thread is as bad as the NBA thread nowadays. It's fun to read the crazy but there isn't much content of substance anymore.

TheCrow

That used to happen to me, only when broadcasting games though. I think putting this command in console will fix it, there is definitely one that does.

dota_mouse_window_lock "1"

That works too but I think that'll stop you from being able to do anything with your second monitor. With borderless window you can still click on the other monitor while dota stays up.

eznark

Banned
The NFL thread is as bad as the NBA thread nowadays. It's fun to read the crazy but there isn't much content of substance anymore.

It's already going back to mostly football. But you're generally a ghost by October anyway so what do you care?

Holy shit. Stepped into the NFL thread for a few, and I quickly remembered why I'm scared of posting in there. It's too hard reading/being associated with this shit:

His shtick is so tired and unfunny. People keep playing into it instead of ignoring it so he keeps getting worse and worse. He might be the first person in NFL gaf I ignore once the season rolls around.

Trasher

His shtick is so tired and unfunny. People keep playing into it instead of ignoring it so he keeps getting worse and worse. He might be the first person in NFL gaf I ignore once the season rolls around.

lolol he also said our fourth round draft pick is going to be ROTY. Jesus!

Top Bottom