• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

eznark

Banned
Get off reddit and start recording a breakdown of our match last night. I want to know how to win early game mid better against a guy like SS.

BigAT

Get off reddit and start recording a breakdown of our match last night. I want to know how to win early game mid better against a guy like SS.

That's not exactly a great matchup for laning. You might try something unorthodox like one point in stun, then maxing out Mana Burn first and spamming it on him. Storm Spirit is pretty useless without mana. Emphasize control of the runes so that he's never able to refill his bottle.

eznark

Banned
Yeah, I absolutely dominated runes. I died once in a really stupid situation to him but man I was unable to get any cs. I'm not totally sure what the great use of mana burn is yet. Kind of feel like I am using it wrong. Generally it's the last pop on a stun-cloak-right click-mana burn combo but I don't really use it to harass.

Sanjuro

Shield looks nice. I want one for portable Steam gaming, but I'll wait for a price drop first.

I wasn't a fan of it hands on. I played it on two separate occasions, both glitchy. That wouldn't have bothered me (testing and all) if the thing didn't feel like a flimsy uncomfortable device.

Mrbob

Interesting. Your commentary is almost the exact opposite of The Verge review. They said the controls are great and the build quality is solid.

I still expect The Shield to bomba so I'll get one on clearance. I've already bought a Vita and Wii U on day one, not happening again.

The intro section is lame but the rest of the video is sweet. My phone twitch app is ready to watch TI3 anywhere.

eznark

Banned
I wasn't a fan of it hands on. I played it on two separate occasions, both glitchy. That wouldn't have bothered me (testing and all) if the thing didn't feel like a flimsy uncomfortable device.

It sounds like you used a completely different device than the Verge's reviewer who said the build quality was fantastic. Those hipster clownfuckers are usually hyper-critical of build quality. HOW DARE THEY USE PLASTIC AND NOT TITANIUM INFUSED BAMBOO

eznark

Banned
Are there people in the world who wanted to play crackdown and haven't? It has to be the most traded in game in history. I got it like two weeks after it came out for $10.

Mrbob

Meh, I own all those already. Get more modern games, MS.

The only hopeful aspect of Crackdown being free is hopefully this means we'll see Crackdown 3 XB1 at Gamescom. System purchase confirmed as long as it isn't a pile of crap like Crackdown 2.

I'm currently watching some Angry Joe videos on Infinite Crisis. Gotta admit, outside of using DC super heroes I'm not really feeling it. Game looks a bit rough at the moment.

Mrbob

Somnia continuously switching sides, though. Flip flopper.

Bob, you gotta do something about that avatar.

Nope. I like the background color change. Orange flames, hair and blue background, like the Bears colors. I might try to make it more navy blue when I get home tonight.

Sanjuro

It sounds like you used a completely different device than the Verge's reviewer who said the build quality was fantastic. Those hipster clownfuckers are usually hyper-critical of build quality. HOW DARE THEY USE PLASTIC AND NOT TITANIUM INFUSED BAMBOO

Maybe it has improved since I used it earlier this year?

They had nothing very interesting on it. It was just that silly Shadowrun game and Sonic. Neither were running very well.

The build felt very uncomfortable and the buttons being incredibly gummy.

eznark

Banned
You're a Packers fan, I figured wrestling would be right up your alley

images

images

Bo probably know wrestling, now that he is a fat invalid.

BigAT

Trying to filter replays by Nyx games seems impossible.

They really need to fix that filter with a drop down list or something. The way it works now, you have to put in a very specific hero name to find it. Maybe there is a list somewhere, but the name you need to put in for each hero is not always obvious. Try nyx_assassin and see if that works.

Somnia

Somnia continuously switching sides, though. Flip flopper.

Unlike you I am excited about both systems and talk about good and bad for all systems. I also like free games even if they are older.

Though at this point I don't know if im getting one at launch, both or none. I'll decide after gamescom probably.

Too bad I don't even have a 360 to get them on :p

Mrbob

Somnia, you are excited about free games on a system you don't have? You can just admit the free games aren't that exciting. :p

I'm watching some Doto vids. Vengeful Spirit looks like she uses an energy chakram as a weapon. Since Sun Shangxiang is my favorite character in Dynasty Warriors with her dual chakrams, I may start testing out Vengeful Spirit now.

eznark

Banned
I'm watching some Doto vids. Vengeful Spirit looks like she uses an energy chakram as a weapon. Since Sun Shangxiang is my favorite character in Dynasty Warriors with her dual chakrams, I may start testing out Vengeful Spirit now.

You are the worst

Somnia

Somnia, you are excited about free games on a system you don't have? You can just admit the free games aren't that exciting. :p

Not when im playing you won't.

eznark

Banned
I think I am going to skip Dota tonight and play Tomb Raider. I got close last night, I had Tomb Raider running in the background.

Ferny

They really should have made bloodseeker like a shark with very large teeth. He already seeks blood, why not go all the way with it?

Top Bottom