• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

Rorschach

Haven't used GIMP in forever, but it must have a filter like photoshop to remove backgrounds. If the image has a solid, one color background, just use the wand and clean it up with eraser or use the wand and pick a higher threshold.

Trasher

Haven't used GIMP in forever, but it must have a filter like photoshop to remove backgrounds. If the image has a solid, one color background, just use the wand and clean it up with eraser or use the wand and pick a higher threshold.

Won't let me make it transparent though. Wtf.

Edit: Figured it out. Had to make an alpha channel and then clear our the background shit. Thanks, Rors!

Shake: What tool do you use to clean up the backgrounds and shit to make them clear? I just downloaded GIMP.

You didn't make your avy?

The way I've been doing it is as follows. It's prolly not the most efficient way to do it but I don't know the software or photo editing really. Just watched a quick youtube video and messed around with stuff.

goto Layer -> transparency -> add alpha channel

Next, select the little wand thing and select the background and hit delete. The background should switch to a checkerboard style. From here you can just keep going around selecting and deleting what you want to make transparent.

You still have to clean up the image tho. There seems to always be a bunch of stray pixels left over. I would zoom way in and start deleting stray pixels. Once it looked decent I would save it and upload it to GAF and check to see if i missed anything - which i usually did! I had to re-edit it a few times till it was clean enough.

Also, you save the original as an .xcf but to get the transparent background to work you have to export the .xcf into a .png - the first time i exported to a .jpg and the background was white :/

edit---

seems you got it all figured out without my wall-o-text

Trasher

You didn't make your avy?

The way I've been doing it is as follows. It's prolly not the most efficient way to do it but I don't know the software or photo editing really. Just watched a quick youtube video and messed around with stuff.

goto Layer -> transparency -> add alpha channel

Next, select the little wand thing and select the background and hit delete. The background should switch to a checkerboard style. From here you can just keep going around selecting and deleting what you want to make transparent.

You still have to clean up the image tho. There seems to always be a bunch of stray pixels left over. I would zoom way in and start deleting stray pixels. Once it looked decent I would save it and upload it to GAF and check to see if i missed anything - which i usually did! I had to re-edit it a few times till it was clean enough.

Also, you save the original as an .xcf but to get the transparent background to work you have to export the .xcf into a .png - the first time i exported to a .jpg and the background was white :/

edit---

seems you got it all figured out without my wall-o-text

Someone else made it for me. Although I was trying to add a hat. It looks okay. Looked better than it did. I cleaned it up some, but there are still some annoying pixels.

How do you delete the pixels at the end? It won't let me do it with the erase tool in order to keep things transparent. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Someone else made it for me. Although I was trying to add a hat. It looks okay. Looked better than it did. I cleaned it up some, but there are still some annoying pixels.

How do you delete the pixels at the end? It won't let me do it with the erase tool in order to keep things transparent. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

How to get rid of the strays? Just select them with the wand and delete

edit--

there is no dazzle, ez. Pick someone else!

Trasher

Where do you get these images from?

dota_hero_mini_2_by_louissry-d6f92iv.jpg

I'm finished with mine. If anyone wants me to help them, let me know. Super pro now.

Trasher

Not as good as I wanted. I wish I could find a bigger quality picture of Lacy's head.

zJl3ZfP.png

Actually turned out pretty good though imo.

Alright boobs... here it is! I hope you like it!

edit---

LOL at trashers version of warlock. So much better than mine. I really hate you, trashcan :(

But Shake, we are the TEAM on this avatar stuff.

...and just like when we play doto together, you are making me look bad!

You'll prolly get the item i want with that free key of yours too! :(

seriously that avy has had me cracking up since you posted it. Love it

Sorry I am not God tier like trasher, bob.

Trasher

How about this one Trasher?
D00SijH.jpg

Damnit these are all awesome!

I thought it was cool looking leaving his hair (?) popping out the back.

ZfHz0r4.png

...and just like when we play doto together, you are making me look bad!

You'll prolly get the item i want with that free key of yours too! :(

seriously that avy has had me cracking up since you posted it. Love it

Sorry I am not God tier like trasher, bob.

I love your boobs Tidehunter one. I almost did a football on the warlock one in the golem hand, but it would have looked bad I think.

Top Bottom