• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

Trasher

holy shit that was sick, Luke

Lifestealer infested in weaver -> baits out clock hook/cogs -> lifestealer bursts out -> weaver time lapses out of cogs -> clock get blown the fuck up lol

Game wasn't very nice.

But then I found this and it cheered me up:
TIhkzf8.jpg

And this Admiral Bulldog taunt in a TI3 game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPx1Dq0w-Y0&feature=youtu.be

Mrbob

Eznark is just idling in Tomb Raider.

I rented the game on 360 and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to playing it again at 60fps on PC.

eznark

Banned
Eznark is just idling in Tomb Raider.

I rented the game on 360 and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to playing it again at 60fps on PC.

Huh? I played like an hour and a half or so this morning. Also 2-0 on the day, but both games featured disconnects. Did actually get a pub team that 1. all spoke English 2. had a nice composition (though the fantastically versatile Nyx makes that easy! and 3. was super cool.

McNei1y

Last night I played a game in solo queue. We had Kunkka, Lina, Luna, Tusk, and Spectre (me). We didn't get a courier until 11 minutes in the game (when I bought both). Everyone kept telling everyone else to get wards, dust, and other shit. It was absolutely awful. We were up about 15 kills on the other team but, damn, it was annoying. I finished 10-4-21 or something. I managed to play well but we weren't moving as a team at all and ended up losing. I've learned that queuing during the early day and late, late at night will get me these types of games.

Nightz

Last night I played a game in solo queue. We had Kunkka, Lina, Luna, Tusk, and Spectre (me). We didn't get a courier until 11 minutes in the game (when I bought both). Everyone kept telling everyone else to get wards, dust, and other shit. It was absolutely awful. We were up about 15 kills on the other team but, damn, it was annoying. I finished 10-4-21 or something. I managed to play well but we weren't moving as a team at all and ended up losing. I've learned that queuing during the early day and late, late at night will get me these types of games.

It's 'cause you're too cool to play with us. :(

eznark

Banned
See I generally just play Nyx like I play him with you guys. I really love the hero because he isn't item dependent (aside from arcane boots) and you can be super useful even if you're just a support because of the stun and initiation. But if things are going well I can also snowball him into a mo'fo' killing machine. Or I can just get wards and consumable all the live long day. Every team needs a Nyx!

McNei1y

Hey, I watched the In House game. After that, a group snuck off into a different channel and queued up for two games. I wasn't a part of that :(

Ferny, CB, and I had to queue up in a game where Ferny went Lone Druid, CB went probest Tide Hunter, and I went Silencer. We had a Bloodseker who was absolutely annoying. He got a lot of kills but did everything solo until the last few minutes. It was definitely because he started challening his teammates with awful english. He was like "U guyz r terrible defuq" and all that. It was hilarious. We wrecked a lot of 4 v 5 team fights.

McNei1y

Now that I think about this, not only was DOTA 2 a great game to get into but it really is making the wait for Madden sooo much easier. Every year after joining this league, I was always hyped to play the damn game but the month always felt long as hell.. Now with DOTA, I don't really seem that anxious even though I can't wait to play the game. Thanks DOTA!

Speaking of other games, I'm still trying to get in on some RDR.

brentech

I played a game about an hour and a half ago - randomed Viper. At first I thought it was going to be like the game you just described McN (we were even missing a player until a few minutes in. Not sure what happened, but it was like he never clicked play), but after we went down a couple kills in the early running, a teammate joined me in mid for a moment and we burned down DR.

Everyone just kind of got their shit together and we started managing our lanes while hovering over for support and quick kills allowing for pushes to be made. then the other team just got too far behind on levels and didn't offer too much resistance for the most part. they had their moments.

TheCrow

Now that I think about this, not only was DOTA 2 a great game to get into but it really is making the wait for Madden sooo much easier. Every year after joining this league, I was always hyped to play the damn game but the month always felt long as hell.. Now with DOTA, I don't really seem that anxious even though I can't wait to play the game. Thanks DOTA!

Speaking of other games, I'm still trying to get in on some RDR.

You only missed a game where aegis got reclaimed right before I died twice. I was ready to come back but it never happened.

Mrbob

I'm the worst Pikmin player ever. I can't even beat the first boss. WTF!?

Lol, yeah, game is tougher than I thought. You need both the rock pikmin and the red pikmin. Rock to break the armor off and red to do the beat down after. It's tough avoiding the boss rush too where it will eat all your Pikmin.

eznark

Banned
Lol, yeah, game is tougher than I thought. You need both the rock pikmin and the red pikmin. Rock to break the armor off and red to do the beat down after. It's tough avoiding the boss rush too where it will eat all your Pikmin.

Yeah, are you using the gamepad? Seems almost impossible with the gamepad. Though right now all I have are ten rock pikmin and that doesn't seem like it will cut it.

Mrbob

Yeah, are you using the gamepad? Seems almost impossible with the gamepad. Though right now all I have are ten rock pikmin and that doesn't seem like it will cut it.

I think I beat that boss with like only 7 rock pikmin and 14 red. I ended up drowning a bunch by accident before the fight.

If you had years of Dynasty Warriors training like I do it is easy to manage fast button presses on the fly. After you toss the rock Pikmin call them back and toss them again. Keep doing it until the armor breaks, switch to red and do the same.

Using the gamepad exclusively.

eznark

Banned
Beat that fucker. I never actually died I just gave up twice because I thought it was taking forever. Turns out all you have to do is expose on small area, not the whole thing. Got real easy then!

brentech

Beat that fucker. I never actually died I just gave up twice because I thought it was taking forever. Turns out all you have to do is expose on small area, not the whole thing. Got real easy then!

I watched the end of a DOTA game you were playing earlier, just as I got out of mine. You guys caused 3 disconnects. Meany

BigAT

Sorry to go off topic for a sec, but Madden news:

Bryan Wiedey ‏@pastapadre
Madden 25 demo confirmed for Aug 13. Includes Skills Trainer and Seahawks vs Packers, 49ers vs Ravens

Rorschach

Speaking of which: I'm gonna be out of the country possibly for two weeks depending on how things go starting Monday. I'd like to see who's interested in the fantasy leagues. PM me if you are interested and which league (auction, snake, or both). If you haven't tried auction, I recommend trying it. The draft is a blast. League will draft after week 3 of preseason. All madden DotA bros welcome. Previous participants get priority. I know somnia is interested so far.

Top Bottom