• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

Ferny

You have to attempt to add yourself once by searching for you and then it'll add you. Also use your actual steam ID not your user name.

LukeSmith

From Bluemax beyond the grave: In a game and a half Chris Clemons has racked up 7 sacks on the Packers RT
(9:24:44 PM) Bluemax: Its funny cause I read online about people not getting pressure
(9:24:53 PM) Bluemax: but I put Clemons at LE and he ruins shit
(9:33:50 PM) Bluemax: lulz, I just called a cover 3 were rodgers scrambled into 3 defenders who didn't react until he slid

If this is true in the final game, I will probably just play DOTA instead

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Every initiation or defense started with Crow self stunning. It was amazing.

Dat 40 assist game!

TheCrow

Every initiation or defense started with Crow self stunning. It was amazing.

Dat 40 assist game!
I made enough mistakes that we shouldn't have to make any up. Most of my self stuns came when I was chasing or while inv looking for someone.

Someone has to gif him dying to that creep.

See. Unfortunately, that did happen. Was trying to chase Centaur and thought he hid in the trees. But I only found my grave. :(

BigAT

Sorry Crow.

crowaizt1.gif

eznark

Banned
Don't people normally shadow blade, get into range, then uncork the unstable concoction?

Not to pick on you too much crow, I'm glad you're learning Alch! We need a tower melter.

Mrbob

Someone gets a Windrunner plushie I'll buy it from you.

I don't want to have to buy 50 random pokeballs and not get her.

Edit: That Navi gaming headset is on sale for $74.99 at Amazon right now. They refunded me the difference. Amazon :bow

TheCrow

Sorry Crow.

crowaizt1.gif
Damn you for capturing my unfortunate misclicks.
Don't people normally shadow blade, get into range, then uncork the unstable concoction?

Not to pick on you too much crow, I'm glad you're learning Alch! We need a tower melter.
If you uncork after shadow walking it breaks invis so thats why you uncork, shadow walk and then toss it. Which leads to self stuns if you don't find someone or if they manage to get out out of range in time. Even then the self stun is fairly safe since invis will not break in that case so I usually can walk away. With only my pride hurt. :(

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
OK. GTA Online is the first twinge of excitement ive had for that game. That could be real interesting.

eznark

Banned
If you uncork after shadow walking it breaks invis so thats why you uncork, shadow walk and then toss it. Which leads to self stuns if you don't find someone or if they manage to get out out of range in time. Even then the self stun is fairly safe since invis will not break in that case so I usually can walk away. With only my pride hurt. :(

Yeah, but so what? You use shadow walk to get into range. Get close, uncork, stun. Ideally you can catch two or three. Once they are stunned who gives a shit if they see you?

Yeah, self stun is "safe" except that it renders our carry completely impotent for a period of time and totally ruins the initiation.

Nightz

So I was reading a document at work and there was a line that said "Need only support for carriers". I read it as "need support for carries". I think I'm addicted or something.

Buuutttt...I'll be out of town tonight until Sunday, so no Doto for me for a few days. :(

eznark

Banned
So I was reading a document at work and there was a line that said "Need only support for carriers". I read it as "need support for carries". I think I'm addicted or something.

Buuutttt...I'll be out of town tonight until Sunday, so no Doto for me for a few days. :(

same here bro, sucks!

TheCrow

Yeah, but so what? You use shadow walk to get into range. Get close, uncork, stun. Ideally you can catch two or three. Once they are stunned who gives a shit if they see you?

Yeah, self stun is "safe" except that it renders our carry completely impotent for a period of time and totally ruins the initiation.

By doing that they'll see me before I have a chance to stun them. Even if I'm able to uncork and toss, the stun won't last long and the damage is minimal. And they can always react fast enough to stun me before I can even toss it.

Mrbob

So UBI had interesting commentary recently on Watch Dogs. Said the game will be available on all platforms Nov 22 except the PS4 version which will be available at launch. Reading that as a tiny window of exclusivity.

Guess I know which version I'm buying now.

Are you going to miss the epic Bears/Chargers pre season match up tonight? Pout Face vs Douche Face.

eznark

Banned
By doing that they'll see me before I have a chance to stun them. Even if I'm able to uncork and toss, the stun won't last long and the damage is minimal. And they can always react fast enough to stun me before I can even toss it.

Then at least they're wasting a stun on you instead of letting you do it for them!

I don't know, I'll have to go back and watch some high level alch play. Seems like those guys use shadow blade more as a positioning tool when initiating and an escape mechanism when farming than as some big uber team fight gank.

Really though, this is taking away from the most pro play of the night, me suiciding to the ancients to keep the other team from getting a kill. PRO STRATS!!

TheCrow

Then at least they're wasting a stun on you instead of letting you do it for them!

I don't know, I'll have to go back and watch some high level alch play. Seems like those guys use shadow blade more as a positioning tool when initiating and an escape mechanism when farming than as some big uber team fight gank.

Really though, this is taking away from the most pro play of the night, me suiciding to the ancients to keep the other team from getting a kill. PRO STRATS!!

What you're describing is me walking into a team of 5 heroes, breaking invis and doing nothing because I'll have to channel my stun after they see me. What I'm trying to do is channel the stun before walking toward the other team while invis and then breaking invis with a full stun.

And I helped set up that deny by stunning QoP before she could get that last hit in.

eznark

Banned
What you're describing is me walking into a team of 5 heroes, breaking invis and doing nothing because I'll have to channel my stun after they see me. What I'm trying to do is channel the stun before walking toward the other team while invis and then breaking invis with a full stun.

And I helped set up that deny by stunning QoP before she could get that last hit in.

I've only played Alchemist like twice but I don't recall it taking that long. Can't you essentially throw it immediately?

I see what you're trying to do and once you get it down it'll be awesome, I'm just trying to suggest other methods in addition that won't be so difficult to pull off.

Trasher

I've only played Alchemist like twice but I don't recall it taking that long. Can't you essentially throw it immediately?

I see what you're trying to do and once you get it down it'll be awesome, I'm just trying to suggest other methods in addition that won't be so difficult to pull off.

Yeah you can throw it immediately, but the longer you wait the longer the stun is.

Mrbob

Anyone getting Splinter Cell Blacklist? The Wii U version looks kind of cool, but I know the multi side will be dead.

Don't bring another game in here, no one cares.

(GOTGOTFF)

He was supposed to tell us all about the great CoD Ghosts multiplayer improvements.

eznark

Banned
Not at all! I love having an Alchemist. Just saying maybe our collectives intelligence can find a way to make Alch more effective!

Ferny, I'm in for Payday 2 almost for sure. Monday night, it's a date!

Top Bottom