• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
McCoy is probably going to have his best year yet in that new offense. NFC East is going to be interesting this year.

6062cb8d3eaf5716d1c96f520475ae1d_large

Mrbob

The structure of the game has been changed slightly. Payday 2 missions are a shorter than Payday 1, but there is an opportunity to link multiple missions together. Some jobs can take up to seven days. There are many more missions in Payday 2 and some aspects of the level layout are randomly generated, so this means the mission isn't always the same twice. There are supposed to be rare events which can happen because of this but I haven't run into one of these yet. The level layout is much cleaner too so there is an opportunity to do things stealthily for awhile before the cops are called in.

There is an upgraded weapon and perk system. After each mission you get XP, and each level up you get a point to choose perks from one of four different classes. Use money earned from heists now to buy new weapons and mods. You earn new mods through playing cards after the mission is over. You get to choose one card from 3 available and you can get a weapon mod, new mask, or money.

The multi day mission I did last night was fun. We were in this old beat up semi transporting coke to the dock when the cops surrounded it. In part one we had to fight our way out of this barrage of cops and move the coke to a different transport truck. In part two we took the coke at the dock, loaded it on a boat to be taken away while holding off the cops. There up to 8 large bags of coke to unload in the boat, but it can only take 4 at a time. So after you load the first four bags, you can either bail out or hold on to load the last 4 and try to bank some big bucks for yourself. It gets pretty damn crazy too after the first 4 bags are loaded. We barely held on and got away loading the last 4 bags. Speaking of payday, we got paid after that multi day mission. Ton of XP and money earned to buy other stuff, so good.

Smokey: PayDay 2. Are you in? One copy left, $25.

Why are you profiting off your Madden bros

Splat

Figure I should post this reminder here:

Fox Sports 1 launches tomorrow, and their highlights show (Fox Sports Live) will be handled by two Canadian legends, Jay Onrait and Dan O'Toole. If you're sick of watching Sportscenter, give 'em a shot. Less Tebow, more irreverence.

Mrbob

Sweet, I'll have to check them out. Hopefully they will be talking about what looks like two home run picks in the first two rounds of the draft for Emery. Long and Bostic both look like beasts.

TheCrow

Fox Sports 1 launches tomorrow, and their highlights show (Fox Sports Live) will be handled by two Canadian legends, Jay Onrait and Dan O'Toole. If you're sick of watching Sportscenter, give 'em a shot. Less Tebow, more irreverence.

I'll pass.

BigAT

The irony, it is thick here.

Two much better reasons to watch Fox Sports One:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/video/fox-sports-erin-andrews-charissa-605236

Mrbob

I gave Shake Xcom for free. A game he still hasn't played. Is that the irony?!?!

Also, Saints Row 4 going to unlock Tuesday Midnight EST wooo! None of this worst coast unlock trash!

npou1tn.png

Leggo!!!

i6cFUNhtBc5yP.gif

BigAT

You never replied to my question yesterday!

How is your Doto tournament going? Have you faced anyone really good? How much longer does this thing go on for?

It's an 8 week season. I thought the team we faced this week was going to be solid, but then we ended up stomping them. We haven't had a super challenging game yet, although the next team we face is also undefeated after 3 weeks.

I was actually REALLY happy with the team I was able to put together when the draft was finished, considering there were like 45 teams drafting. So far it seems like that initial excitement was justified since we have been playing so well. I would like to think it's not that other teams are horrible (all five on the team we faced yesterday had 200+ wins, a couple with 400-500), it's more that we have a really good group of players that draft and play well together.

Trasher

It's an 8 week season. I thought the team we faced this week was going to be solid, but then we ended up stomping them. We haven't had a super challenging game yet, although the next team we face is also undefeated after 3 weeks.

I was actually REALLY happy with the team I was able to put together when the draft was finished, considering there were like 45 teams drafting. So far it seems like that initial excitement was justified since we have been playing so well. I would like to think it's not that other teams are horrible (all five on the team we faced yesterday had 200+ wins, a couple with 400-500), it's more that we have a really good group of players that draft and play well together.

Nice. Sounds like fun. I want in on that. :(

It can be so fun when you play serious "league" games like that with a proper team setup.

LiveWire

Mrbob said:

I'm not, WA State Sales Tax is 9%

Splat, Smokey or whomever if you want the last copy just PM me and I'll send the game via Steam (and my PayPal info) to you.

LJ11

Need your help fellas.

Building a new PC, trying to anyway. Decided to go with a small form factor, already bought that Fractal Node 304 case. Not sure what I should do in terms of processor. Is an IVY build okay? Also, I have no idea what low profile ram is but I see the PC dudes always bringing it up. GPU will probably be a 7950.

Any help or comments would be appreciated.

TheCrow

Need your help fellas.

Building a new PC, trying to anyway. Decided to go with a small form factor, already bought that Fractal Node 304 case. Not sure what I should do in terms of processor. Is an IVY build okay? Also, I have no idea what low profile ram is but I see the PC dudes always bringing it up. GPU will probably be a 7950.

Any help or comments would be appreciated.

Ivy is just fine you aren't going to overclock. As for low profile ram, I would just avoid any ram with huge heat spreaders like this:

wIjpc43.jpg

So look for something like this instead:

4kMs7Lb.jpg

Ferny

This is low profile
Super-Talent-Releases-Very-Low-Profile-DDR3-RAM.jpg

These are the crazy ram sticks
20-231-277-TS

Go for low profile. It almost messed up my build by not going low profile but I made it work.

Edit: Damnit Crow!!

I also have that exact ram you just posted Crow. Damn things are good but hard to fit with like a cpu heatsink fan.

eznark

Banned
Go buy Max PC. Build their entry level model on the back page or so. It's like $500 last I checked.

It'll be more than fine. Doto is like WoW.

CB3

Barkley has the highest throwing accuracy on the Eagles. Might be running with the kid early!

TheCrow

I also have that exact ram you just posted Crow. Damn things are good but hard to fit with like a cpu heatsink fan.

You talking about the corsair or the low profile samsung? I got 8gb of the samsung and they are great. Even overclock well.

Barkley has the highest throwing accuracy on the Eagles. Might be running with the kid early!
We should talk.

eznark

Banned
Trasher, there was a Reddit post a few weeks ago where someone detailed a PC build to max out Dota and I think it was like $350 or something (without any peripherals).

Trasher

Go buy Max PC. Build their entry level model on the back page or so. It's like $500 last I checked.

It'll be more than fine. Doto is like WoW.

How's this?

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/1jf2y6/need_a_new_pc_for_dota_2_300_is_all_you_need/

Edit:
Trasher, there was a Reddit post a few weeks ago where someone detailed a PC build to max out Dota and I think it was like $350 or something (without any peripherals).

lolol I was looking for that right after I read your post.

Smokey

somebody broke into MY
MOTHER
FUCKING CAR
MOTHERFUCKERS

FUCK

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCK

Shiiiit I'm sorry. I'm lucky that never happened to me when I was in Austin. I lived at a complex where 3 of my neighbors got broken into, and several cars busted into. Somehow I walked away unscathed.

Where'd it happen?

Smokey

Right outside of my fucking apartment. It was my fiancés car and she has been gone the past 4 days. Motherfuckers took my subs, my amps, and my goddamn emergency water. Somebody knew she was gone and has been watching the car. About to head to academy and get a gun. Motherfuckers. now my fiancé is scared and shit.

Doesn't your place have security cameras, or at the very least some kind of security?

yeah that shit can be creepy. One of my neighbors got broken into and she came to my place at 3 AM and when I went into her place we found that they not only took her valuable goods, but they took shit from her fridge like food and pictures of her and her friends that she had hung on walls (kinda creepy)

CB3

That sucks.Get to a safer place!

Also, just because you play call of duty doesnt mean you can handle a gun, smokey!

Smokey

Yes. Security rolls around here. All the time. It's a not a cheap ass place either. Somebody was watching. Where's eznark when you need him for my gun advice.

eznark

Banned
I've only had to do that twice in my whole life and I hated it both times!

Yes. Security rolls around here. All the time. It's a not a cheap ass place either. Somebody was watching. Where's eznark when you need him for my gun advice.

Buy a gun

Splat

Anyone here interested in Hearthstone? (Blizzard's online card game thing). I may be able to get a couple extra beta keys. You actually need to want to play it though.

eznark

Banned
Anyone here interested in Hearthstone? (Blizzard's online card game thing). I may be able to get a couple extra beta keys. You actually need to want to play it though.

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

uh, ahem. I'm mildly interested. Cosby Sweater is as well.

Top Bottom