• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

Somnia

Man episode 6 of game of thrones really plays fast and loose with the source material.

They've said from here on out things will change to make for a better T.V. show. I am ok with it just like changes to marvel movies. I look at them as their own separate thing.

BigAT

Yeah, season one seemed to stick pretty much exactly with the book, aside from a couple practical changes that were clearly done for the change in media type, but they seem to be doing their own thing more and more.

i bought the books and made it through like half of the first book. couldn't really hold my interest. the show is awesome though.... great episode tonight! can someone spoiler what they took liberty with up to this point? i'm never going to read the books

in other book-to-movie news, i checked out John Dies at the End on netflix after reading the book. the book wasn't bad but not good either but the movie was pretty shitty although i expected it would be difficult to make that movie from the get go. world war z movie seems like it will be god awful compared to the book as well

The books are awesome. Especially book 3 (this season, the one they're diverging from the book the most). GRRM wrote this episode too, so strange.
Main change in this ep is Gendry isn't the bastard Melissandre captures, looks like they're gonna change Gendry's entire storyline.

eznark

Banned
The world is very cool, Martin is just a really, really bad writer. I have not managed to force myself to slog through the latest one though. I think that's why I like the show, it pretty much removes his tedium and dialogue.

you guys play playcatan or xbox?

I'm down for some PlayCatan, I want to watch hockey while I play. Never played with you guys and I'm probably the best player here.

eznark

Banned
If any of you have an ipad you seriously need to get Eclipse. It's basically MoO: the boardgame. So fucking good.

Also, Wargame Airland Battle is looking to be fantastic. Spent some time with CoH2 and W:AB and right now the second is definitely more interesting.

Ferny

If any of you have an ipad you seriously need to get Eclipse. It's basically MoO: the boardgame. So fucking good.

Also, Wargame Airland Battle is looking to be fantastic. Spent some time with CoH2 and W:AB and right now the second is definitely more interesting.
It's a board game about cows?

eznark

Banned
Fucking Cleary tossing Ducks over his own goalie. Guy is a moron.

I'll play some Catan. Shoot me a message on AIM or steam or whatever the WiiU message system is, I'm gonna play some LEGO!

I am pretty sure FMT thinking the ? Ports were mystery ports is the greatest thing to ever be said to me while playing this game

Hey guys how about putting the stealing pawn on someone else? Scumbags.

I'll take credit for teaching FMT to cockblock your wood port down there!

eznark

Banned
This might be the last Xbox game of catan I play. No one is even trying to player trade anymore. This is basically monopoly.

Yeah you're basically playing with a bunch of stingy ass motherfuckers, I know

Even in real life Catan I'm pretty reserved when it comes to it. And basically when it comes to late game I don't bother with it

I'm pretty sure that was me winning the game for you!

Now that you've seen the ropes you get no more assistance from me!

lol you told me about the 2 roads are needed for a settlement and how the ports work. you act like i was consulting you on every single roll!

me winning the game at the end was masterful

Top Bottom