• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

McNei1y

Kunkka loses so much health. I just played a game and all of my deaths were some sort of silence dot. I was sad but I was a big part to the team, though!

If you're talking from last night, that's Doom which is one of the strongest single target ults in the game. There's basically nothing you can do about it aside from running away and hoping you have enough health to survive the devastating DoT. There's also Bloodseeker's Rupture which does do more damage based on how far you run. You basically have to stand still and wait for it to run out or run and accept the health loss.

Or TP. For the love of God, TP.

McNei1y

Like I said earlier, I'm trying to go to bed early so I'm going to get one DOTA game out of the way. I'm gonna start one in a bit if anyone want's to join Kunkka.

McNei1y

I don't know whether it's a good thing or a bad thing that Nightz and I were the best players on our team.

At least I killed all 4 or 5 of them at once with my pirate ship/torrent combo! Damn clan tag teammates running around playing ass tag with each other.

Mrbob

I can start playing some more games again. I actually have some free time now. I bought and played Reus for almost a couple hours today. Hot indie game action. Finally a "God" game that doesn't suck.

Somnia

What is this crazy non-dota talk happening in here.

Speaking of Xbox though... Their reveal is 60 minutes, but they have a 1 hour post gametrailers show and then a 1 hour post show with major nelson on twitch all about games.

BigAT

I'm down for some games after the Knicks are done.

Also props to Somnia for taking the time and initiative to learn about warding.

McNei1y

I'm down for some games after the Knicks are done.

Also props to Somnia for taking the time and initiative to learn about warding.

You should've seen me yesterday. I actually purchased two wards and placed them in the middle! It was quite the site. Unfortunately, legend has it that such knowledge has been lost in time and will never, ever be seen again.

Somnia

I get off at 5pm CST tomorrow and will be dotaing it up all night. I'm down to play Saturday and Sunday after the Western qualifiers are over.

Somnia

Man my good friend who still works for GameStop got laid off toady.

They are now doing what they call "maximize business". Basically in areas where stores are close, store managers will now run 2 stores instead of just 1... with no extra pay. He got laid off to open up his store for a younger store manager near by.

So glad I left that company and retail.

McNei1y

FUCK PL

FK07MNj.gif

Man my good friend who still works for GameStop got laid off toady.

They are now doing what they call "maximize business". Basically in areas where stores are close, store managers will now run 2 stores instead of just 1... with no extra pay. He got laid off to open up his store for a younger store manager near by.

So glad I left that company and retail.

Remind me never to shop there again.

Sold my Tesla shares today

Turned $11,000 into a little over $18,000 in under 3 weeks! Feelsgoodman

Just what a filthy poor student like me needs.

I just blacktopped my driveway. Now I am poor. Give me that money, mastershake and you can have the Packers.

lulz

Poor for a Romney or real people poor? You have to specify!

Did you get a hot tip? Maybe some insider trading?

I follow the automotive industry pretty closely(ex gf said it was unhealthy lulz - look at me now bitch!)

Everything was lining up for them to easily exceed consensus earning estimates and there was a huge number of people shorting the stock. I jumped in right before earnings and rode the short squeeze to the bank!

Great! Now put that towards an actual Tesla and make the money go full circle.

Well, I am going to pay off my car so technically Tesla did buy me a car! I want a Tesla sobad :(

Should've told me you were doing this I would've put money in as well, we could've been brothers

My roommate said the same thing lol. Next time, brah!

I jumped in before the huge AAPL run-up last year too... jumped in at $490 and sold in the $680's

I am batting .1000!!

LJ11

I am batting .1000!!

Damn, that's a Buddy Nix reference right there.

When would be a good time to build a good gaming pc, I want it for video more than anything, don't need some dual card monstrosity. Just wonder if waiting a few months, not an immediate need, is better than going ahead with it right now.

eznark

Banned
There is never really a "best" time to build a PC. I generally time my builds to games. I built my latest PC when BF3 came out for instance because I wanted to have the best stuff at that time. Not sure about my next build though. I'm going to wait to see how the consoles shake out and see what game developers do in response.

Mrbob

Damn, that's a Buddy Nix reference right there.

When would be a good time to build a good gaming pc, I want it for video more than anything, don't need some dual card monstrosity. Just wonder if waiting a few months, not an immediate need, is better than going ahead with it right now.

If you don't need it right away, wait as long as you can until you do need it. PC hardware is always evolving so there really isn't a perfect time. However, with next gen consoles around the corner this is going to affect the future of PC video cards.

You can buy a Intel 3570K CPU right now, and that will keep you going for a long time. With video cards, the next models will be built upon what is being done with the next gen consoles. If you are going to build this year, buy a cheap mid range video card for around 150-200 to get you by until the new 2014 video card models come out. I have a feeling with the PS4 ( and perhaps the next xbox ) having all that GDDR5 RAM, getting a card with only 2GB on it right now will not cut it in a couple years. Obviously consoles don't have the advantage of using DDR3 RAM with GDDR5, but I see video cards evolving to where 4, 5, to 6GB of GDDR5 will become standard. I'd like to say if you buy a GTX670 now you will be set for a long time, but I'm not certain.

I'm currently using a 660TI I bought last year ( cost 299 ) that I'll try to get as much use out of it as I can. I didn't want to buy anything too expensive with my current PC build because the video card market is very unstable before a console launch. I have no idea what the standard will be for the future. Things should stabilize with the 2014 video card models.

Ferny

I have a GTX 670 and that thing handles every game thrown at it easily. I don't see myself getting a new video card for another year or two. .

Smokey

Thanks for the feedback bros!

Will post more about a potential build at a later date.

I wouldn't get a GPU with less than 3GB of VRAM when you decide to build. On the CPU side, they are so far ahead of gaming software it's crazy. Durango and PS4 are essentially using laptop/tablet CPUs. Just about any modern Intel CPU you get will last you through most if not all of next gen.

Uh....am I reading this right?

http://www.pastapadre.com/2013/05/17/madden-nfl-25-anniversary-edition-exclusive-to-amazon

Amazon today posted listings for the Anniversary Edition of Madden NFL 25 which will be exclusive to the online retailer. The special edition will include 17 packs for Ultimate Team distributed over 17 weeks (each features 2 rare players, 4 silver, and 4 bronze) and exclusive offers that will benefit very few for NFL Sunday Ticket. The price will be $100.

♦For fans who are not currently DirecTV subscribers but are able to receive DirecTV service, they will receive a promo code entitling them to $10 off per month for their first year of service and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.

♦For fans who are already DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket Max subscribers, you can access NFL Sunday Ticket on your computer, tablet, and mobile devices using your current DirecTV username and password.

♦For fans unable to receive DirecTV service, each Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition will include a unique code to access the 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computers, tablets, and mobile devices- including access to the award-winning Red Zone Channel

Keep in the mind that the third group – “fans unable to receive DirecTV service” – would be very limited in scope and not those who simply have cable instead of DirecTV. That is for the people who can’t get DirecTV where they live. So the Anniversary Edition of Madden NFL 25 will really only appeal to hardcore Ultimate Team players and those starting new service with DirecTV or that fall into that specific group that can’t get DTV even if they wanted to.

I don't really get the last paragraph either

how do they know if I can get it or not

Rorschach

Uh....am I reading this right?

http://www.pastapadre.com/2013/05/17/madden-nfl-25-anniversary-edition-exclusive-to-amazon

I don't really get the last paragraph either

Woah, that's awesome!

And what they mean by the last paragraph is probably similar to being able to get nfl ticket online if you physically can't have a dish installed in your area or if Direct TV isn't in your area (bumfuck nowhere). Some reasons would be building codes, housing rules, living on a military base, etc.

Woah, that's awesome!

And what they mean by the last paragraph is probably similar to being able to get nfl ticket online if you physically can't have a dish installed in your area or if Direct TV isn't in your area (bumfuck nowhere). Some reasons would be building codes, housing rules, living on a military base, etc.

There's gotta be a loophole. I want 17 weeks of NFL on my tablet phone and PC! That would be amazing

I'm getting punished for not living in the hickass country

Rorschach

There's gotta be a loophole. I want 17 weeks of NFL on my tablet phone and PC! That would be amazing

I'm getting punished for not living in the hickass country
Hick country? That's us! But I've heard about people getting it with foreign accounts. There was also some dude who got them to sell him the ps3 service,but I forget what loophole he used.

Top Bottom