• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

McNei1y

After I got off DOTA, I went to my friends place for a bit and watched Seven Psychopaths and another movie. Anyway, Seven Psychopaths was pretty good.

I'm back, though, does anyone want to play DOTA?

I got Tiger Woods 14 cause it was on sale and I also got a code for a 1 year subscription to Golf Digest or Golf World Digital

Who wants this shit?

eznark

Banned
Personally I'd go with a 96 so that you get the .40SW. I don't own a 9mm and kind of have no interest so I have no idea if that's good. I've fired the Beretta 96 a bit and it's totally fine. Not as nice as my Springfield XD40 though.

Are you a veteran? Shouldn't you have a better idea than me?! Didn't you have a 92F as a service weapon?

Personally I'd go with a 96 so that you get the .40SW. I don't own a 9mm and kind of have no interest so I have no idea if that's good. I've fired the Beretta 96 a bit and it's totally fine. Not as nice as my Springfield XD40 though.

Are you a veteran? Shouldn't you have a better idea than me?! Didn't you have a 92F as a service weapon?

Yeah, I had one with me every time I deployed so that's why I am drawn to it! I am a complete noob when it comes to guns outside of what I used in the military tho. Though I really liked the M9/92F and never had any problems with it, sometimes the military gets stuck with crap shit (lowest bidder lulz) so I figured I'd ask our resident gun nut to make sure it's up to snuff!

I was also looking at the Kahr TP45 and Sig Sauer P220 - I guess I'll add the Springfield XD40 to my research list. Oh, and HK USP too

Too many choices :/

McNei1y

DOTA!

And CB3, I'm grilling some flank stank tonight. I like the simplicity of just standing over the grill with a beer in hand.

Nightz

I do not understand what I am supposed to do with these cards from Steam. I have duplicates already!

Collect cards to craft a badge. Crafting badges will increase your Steam level, give you profile backgrounds, emoticons. Increasing your Steam level gives you an additional 5 friend slots on Steam.

I'm starting to get hooked on it. :(

eznark

Banned
How do I collect cards though? I was playing some Don't Starve, doing nothing special, and suddenly I had two of the burning chick cards.

Nightz

How do I collect cards though? I was playing some Don't Starve, doing nothing special, and suddenly I had two of the burning chick cards.

Just by playing the game. It's currently tied to playtime, so you can just idle in the game and you'll get cards (up to the maximum listed in the badges page). You gotta trade with other people to complete the set.

Nightz

Just by playing the game. It's currently tied to playtime, so you can just idle in the game and you'll get cards (up to the maximum listed in the badges page). You gotta trade with other people to complete the set.

Forgot to mention, the idling thing doesn't work for Dota or TF2. Since those are F2P games, you gotta buy stuff from the store to get the cards.

McNei1y

Sometimes, in music or sports, ill say "who???" Just trying to troll but in this instance I have no fucking clue who Miguel is

I have no clue who Miguel is either. He'll be known as the leg drop guy now.

Doin too much

Miguel is weird though, and an idiot. Could've seriously hurt that girl and if I'm her I'm looking for a payday. Unless they have to sign some kind of waiver for seating in that area.

The leg drop looks brutal but he also kicks another girl in the face with his left foot. He did a flying big boot and a leg drop in one.

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/article/madden-25-defense

Those who opt for a more conventional approach this year have the option to enable heat-seeker tackling to help square up and bring down the ball carrier. Heat-seeker is enabled anytime you hold down the Hit Stick, defensive assist or wrap tackle buttons, and essentially guides your defender on the proper angle to intercept the ball carrier and bring him down. Heat-seeker tackles can also act as a counter to precision modifier moves when employed by defenders with high agility or awareness ratings.

The ultimate goal of heat-seeker is to provide assistance without taking control away from the user, as well as eliminating small errors like oversteers. Also, there’s a bit of risk/reward with heat-seeker, as defenders with lower awareness or agility ratings are more susceptible to a fake-out by the ball carrier. Players will have to find the balance between going for the big hit or using heat-seeker for a helping hand. For those who prefer to play without assists, heat-seeker tackling can be turned off entirely for both online and offline games.

just fucking great

see yall in madden 26

BigAT

Thursday, April 25, 2013
CommandoAT (5:34:07 PM): heat-seeking tackling = hold X to tackle
CommandoAT (5:34:14 PM): the new ballhawk

Called it :(

As far as being able to turn it off is concerned, I'll believe it when I see it. There's plenty of stuff in the past they have said you can turn off in online play that hasn't applied to Online Franchise. I mean, we STILL can't turn off fucking Gameflow.

Thursday, April 25, 2013
CommandoAT (5:34:07 PM): heat-seeking tackling = hold X to tackle
CommandoAT (5:34:14 PM): the new ballhawk

Called it :(

wow

perhaps you should be the one to revive nfl 2k5!!!

somewhere a team in the afc north and afc south are throwing a parade today

eznark

Banned
McNei1y really is Kunkka!!

kunkka_trying_to_kiss_windrunner_by_rosend-d64tk52.jpg

Nightz

Any of you guys in the Steam trading card beta not collecting cards (or not care about them)? I'll take your cards!

Yeah I'm addicted. Freaking Valve.

eznark

Banned
I don't get how you are addicted? You just leave a game running then cards show up in your inventory. What's to be addicted to?

I sold a card for $1. That was neat.

Top Bottom