• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

BigAT

TMNT1987_Shredder.png

Tonight I dine on tortilla soup!

I don't really think there's anything wrong with that unless it's a clear case of a kid bumming off his parents and he has no motivation to go anywhere in life.

I got my own apt with a friend after moving back here but then I realized I wasn't sure if I was staying in the city beyond a year. So instead of wasting money paying a higher rent rate I'm just renting out the upstairs space where I used to live until I ship my ass out in a few more months.

It's different for every family and how you were raised, your background, etc.

A lot of friends I had lived with their families even though they were making north of 80K, could easily have gotten a fine place around town. Just wanted to save money until the time was right though, I guess. Also, a lot of kids are expected to move in with their families until they get married. I would fucking hate that though. I'll have my dick slit if I'm still living here then. Thankfully my parents aren't too traditional like that.

LukeSmith

My parents told me while I was in college - a pursuit they said they'd only help me pay for for eight semesters - that I could live at home for a max of 3 months after graduation and then they'd throw me out.

Sounds like a harsh proposition, but that I (naively?) believed them was a good motivator.

My parents didn't buy me a car, float me through college, or even have a graduation party for me (you know, the biggest fundraiser high schoolers get to have)

I was probably a butthurt little shit about it in my mid-teens, but in hindsight I'm glad they were tough

Mrbob

I don't know if anybody needs one, but I received 3 beta invites for that trading card crap on Steam.

Also, I just realized I get Spike TV in HD. Gonna have to watch Mattrick douche it up in HD tomorrow.

eznark

Banned
My parents told me while I was in college - a pursuit they said they'd only help me pay for for eight semesters - that I could live at home for a max of 3 months after graduation and then they'd throw me out.

Sounds like a harsh proposition, but that I (naively?) believed them was a good motivator.

My parents didn't buy me a car, float me through college, or even have a graduation party for me (you know, the biggest fundraiser high schoolers get to have)

I was probably a butthurt little shit about it in my mid-teens, but in hindsight I'm glad they were tough

We never really had that discussion. I got some scholarships, some student loans and moved out the day after high school graduation with three buddies to the bug city downtown Milwaukee! Never moved back since. I moved to Boston without ever setting foot in the city, don't think I could have done that if I had lived a weird coddled life at my mommies teet til I was 25.

I don't think I know anyone who lived with their parents after college, though I would hope they'd keep that shit to themselves if they did. Pretty sure my parents an do would not be friends if they had had to live me with through my 20's.

All those people in that thread saying they need a safety net before moving out on their own will make great cube rats.

my family was poor. not raggedy clothes and ramen every night poor but didn't have much money. i felt like a loser even leaching off what little money my folks did have for the time i lived there past 18 so i imagine it would've made me feel even worse if i lived there for any significant time. i moved out and spent most of my money on rent which i guess isn't a sound financial decision but i'd take that everytime over the alternative.

Smokey

It's different for every family and how you were raised, your background, etc.

A lot of friends I had lived with their families even though they were making north of 80K, could easily have gotten a fine place around town. Just wanted to save money until the time was right though, I guess. Also, a lot of kids are expected to move in with their families until they get married. I would fucking hate that though. I'll have my dick slit if I'm still living here then. Thankfully my parents aren't too traditional like that.

wat

cmon son

wat

cmon son

Asian people like to save money whenever possible. If you don't understand this living in Houston then you'll never get it!

but even I told my friends that lol. But they asked me "Why aren't you saving money?" when I told them I moved out ... so just different family philosophies I guess

Damn... you guys make me feel like a freeloading loser. I lived with my parents till 21 :(

Once I moved away though I never returned! Fuck that... My Mom gets all mopey on the phones sometimes when I tell her I am never moving back to Wisconsin.

Asian people like to save money whenever possible. If you don't understand this living in Houston then you'll never get it!

but even I told my friends that lol. But they asked me "Why aren't you saving money?" when I told them I moved out ... so just different family philosophies I guess

lulz

Costco is like 99% Asian 1% Shake - Those old Asian lady's don't play either! Don't get in their way

Smokey

making 80k+ and living with your parents just seems bummy to me regardless of your race. i understand you got to do what you got to do sometimes, but that ain't one of them if you are making career money and staying at home because... lolz whynot

Damn... you guys make me feel like a freeloading loser. I lived with my parents till 21 :(

Once I moved away though I never returned! Fuck that... My Mom gets all mopey on the phones sometimes when I tell her I am never moving back to Wisconsin.

lulz

Costco is like 99% Asian 1% Shake

lol

eznark

Banned
I'd say up to 23 is totally acceptable. Certain situations like family illness etc are ok too.

Most of the kids in that thread are man babies afraid or unable to take care of themselves.

lulz

Costco is like 99% Asian 1% Shake

My parents come down like two weekends a month. Can't keep em away from the grand kids. My mom was devastated when i bolted for Boston so when we built a house within 6 hours of her she was thrilled instead of being sad that I wasn't coming to Milwaukee. Perspective!

I love the state tho... just can't put up with being that close to all my family. They drive me nuts.

I see them once or twice a year on average and that is more than enough for me :/

My parents come down like two weekends a month. Can't keep em away from the grand kids. My mom was devastated when i bolted for Boston so when we built a house within 6 hours of her she was thrilled instead of being sad that I wasn't coming to Milwaukee. Perspective!

Yeah, I think 6 hours is about as close as you'd want to get. At least its a day trip to get there. You get sufficient warning before they arrive. If i had kids it might be different. Free baby sitters and all...

eznark

Banned
Nah. Now that I have a family it's cool. I can spend all day with them and not be bothered. But my parents are rad. I wish they were closer. I actually tried to sell them a house near me for like two years!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
How anyone watches wrestling weekly these days is crazy.

Watch 5-10 clips of any potential classic wrestler making an appearance once a month (HBK,rock) on YouTube, ignore the rest of the junk. Spoilers: Cena wins.

McNei1y

How anyone watches wrestling weekly these days is crazy.

Watch 5-10 clips of any potential classic wrestler making an appearance once a month (HBK,rock) on YouTube, ignore the rest of the junk. Spoilers: Cena wins.

I DVR it for the most part and then fast forward through predictable shit. Tonight, though, I was extremely bored since the Nats play in SF tonight so I had to watch something.

Ferny

Dude you should give it a real shot. These guys have really improved quickly. Just watching this game right now shows a big improvement over games played two weeks ago. They really played well. +1 MaddenGAF!

Somnia

Dude you should give it a real shot. These guys have really improved quickly. Just watching this game right now shows a big improvement over games played two weeks ago. They really played well. +1 MaddenGAF!

I think I found my fav. hero so far... Slark =)

Top Bottom