• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

eznark

Banned
Either of those is fine. I onlky have dota, TF2 and Don't Starve cards. Don't get me the CS:GO cards, I'll never buy that game.

BigAT

Did you guys create a team?

We have a sick team banner and everything.

m5aWTr3.png

Yeah. We went 7 minutes in the search for another team so we cancelled and just played a regular game.

Yeah, I saw your regular game. It was not going well.

Ferny and I tried to play together since you guys always abandon us, but his computer blew up or something so I had to play alone :(

eznark

Banned
Tonight we'll win one! We just need to play some weekday warriors and show them who is boss. My costume is 0-1. It needs blood!

BigAT

Why do you go powertreads instead of the mana boots?

Why don't you just play PL?

I prefer the increased survivability of strength treads. The longer I can stay alive in a fight, the longer I can keep the rest of my team alive. I really don't find I have mana problems with Dazzle all that often, Urn seems to provide enough mana regen for me, in addition to providing even more survivability, especially early on, with +6 STR and it's even more healing I can toss out in a fight.

PL pickers are bad human beings. I'm ashamed to admit that I have strayed from the path of good and done it in the past, but now I am living a life free of evil and picking PL.

BigAT

STONE COLD ET has picked Warlock.

I wish I had had! He's even more bullshit than PL is.

You new guys should try out Warlock, highest winrate for pubs in the game right now. Plus he's pretty easy to play.

1. Fatal Bonds
2. Drop Rocks
3. ???
4. Win

Trasher

I wish I had had! He's even more bullshit than PL is.

You new guys should try out Warlock, highest winrate for pubs in the game right now. Plus he's pretty easy to play.

1. Fatal Bonds
2. Drop Rocks
3. ???
4. Win

Still having nightmares of that game from the other day. Literally could not have been more farmed on our Panda and PL, yet that warlock with ulti staff and refresher would just destroy everything. You definitely called it on the Warlock being more broken than PL lol.

Ferny

I have a smurf account but I rather use the increased win rate until the International on my main account. If you guys play tonight though, the Exits will make their return.

PL 100% of the time!

eznark

Banned
I prefer the increased survivability of strength treads. The longer I can stay alive in a fight, the longer I can keep the rest of my team alive. I really don't find I have mana problems with Dazzle all that often, Urn seems to provide enough mana regen for me, in addition to providing even more survivability, especially early on, with +6 STR and it's even more healing I can toss out in a fight.

PL pickers are bad human beings. I'm ashamed to admit that I have strayed from the path of good and done it in the past, but now I am living a life free of evil and picking PL.

I like getting the boots so I can do early harass. I guess I view him as having such low survivability anyway that if he gets focused he's dead so I like being able to spam that heal/harm spell.

Warlock is so god damned slow!

Trasher

I like getting the boots so I can do early harass. I guess I view him as having such low survivability anyway that if he gets focused he's dead so I like being able to spam that heal/harm spell.

Warlock is so god damned slow!

Boots of trav, Euls, Drums, Manta. Movement speed issues nullified. Shadow blade never hurts either.

McNei1y

You know what I just thought of that was a big fad in 2010 was the drinking game "Icing". Did anyone take part in that / still take part? I actually had a lot of fun doing that. The best part was coming up with elaborate ways for people to find the drink. I've seen some very crazy ways but one that's actually happened to me was when someone put an Smirinoff Ice in a ziplock bag in a toilet.

I kind of want to bring it back... at least for my beach trip.

Colasante

Tiburon is also trying to do a better job of communicating information to users with features like the new league-wide transaction log and revamped trade screen, the Trade Center. You'll see key details like the teams' respective needs and cap room, and when teams reject your offers, they'll tell you why they weren't interested.

Madden 13 players told Tiburon that they felt progression for players and coaches was too slow. So while the studio still wants to make sure "you don't feel like you progress too quickly," it's accelerating the pace this year for Connected Franchise, according to Looman. The team is increasing the amount of experience points doled out in both practice and regular games, and reducing the XP payout for career milestone goals in favor of game or season goals. Those cumulative career goals will now contribute primarily to your character's legacy score, the measure of his career success.

Coaches will have to hire scouts and trainers in Madden 25, and they'll make significant contributions to the team. Scouts offer XP discounts in their areas of specialization, while trainers affect how well players recover from injuries. If a player with a low recovery attribute is paired with a poor trainer, he might not return to his original ratings when his injury heals. For a touch more realism in scouting, you can import a draft class from NCAA Football 14.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/20/4347402/madden-nfl-25-preview-connected-franchise-owner-mode

Sounds awesome.

Trasher

You know what I just thought of that was a big fad in 2010 was the drinking game "Icing". Did anyone take part in that / still take part? I actually had a lot of fun doing that. The best part was coming up with elaborate ways for people to find the drink. I've seen some very crazy ways but one that's actually happened to me was when someone put an Smirinoff Ice in a ziplock bag in a toilet.

I kind of want to bring it back... at least for my beach trip.

lol

drink bitch!

eznark

Banned
Oh god, it's got that shitty cell shaded look that LoL has.

Looks like total shit yeah, but I like some of the design choices. I loved so many ideas in demigod. Too bad Chris Taylor was involved.

Madden 13 players told Tiburon that they felt progression for players and coaches was too slow. So while the studio still wants to make sure "you don't feel like you progress too quickly," it's accelerating the pace this year for Connected Franchise, according to Looman. The team is increasing the amount of experience points doled out in both practice and regular games, and reducing the XP payout for career milestone goals in favor of game or season goals. Those cumulative career goals will now contribute primarily to your character's legacy score, the measure of his career success.

Ugh. For fucks sake. 49'ers to have all 99+ players two weeks into year one.

LukeSmith

Oh shit you can import NCAA draft classes? Must.... Resist.... NCAA!

Clowney will beast in madden

I will buy NCAA used just for us to have real classes and just sim the season in NCAA before we do the draft in Madden 25 so we can have real players.

They typically horsefuck the ratings pretty seriously between NCAA and Madden though, NCAA players used to be raw trash in Madden, which doesn't really bother me since it'll be another series of Seasons where I pick 20+, anyway.

So yeah, let's do this and plan on importing NCAA rosters. If shit is broken with the best players being too good, I can fix them in the rosters myself.

Top Bottom