• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

Smokey

Ya'll might as well get over 'I want a games machine deal. If that's the case the WiiU lol will probably be better for you. Sony and ms both going after the living room... But seems Moreso ms than Sony. Both are using goddamn tablet CPUs. Ms is using ddr3 memory. Controller looks like a batman gadget. No turning back.

Pc future mayne

eznark

Banned
Ya'll might as well get over 'I want a games machine deal. If that's the case the WiiU lol will probably be better for you. Sony and ms both going after the living room... But seems Moreso ms than Sony. Both are using goddamn tablet CPUs. Ms is using ddr3 memory. Controller looks like a batman gadget. No turning back.

Pc future mayne

I don't see it as a negative but I certainly give no fucks. I see zero benefits to having an "integrated" tv experience. Switching inputs will always be a fast as app switching.

At this point I'm pretty sure the only console I'm getting is whatever the league is on, I don't think I play any games anymore besides competitive sports games and whatever you guys are playing

I still have a bunch of unplayed PC games!

BigAT

If that EA trailer is CG, is pretty poor CG, or maybe they want to keep expectations in check.

Yeah, I don't know what the heck that was. I certainly don't think it was gameplay, but it looked awful for CG. Kind of looked poor for next-gen gameplay too honestly, at least the Madden section.

PLUS NO FOOTAGE OF NHL BROS WTF

Mrbob

I loved that all the footage shown for the EA Sports games were up close. That is the only time you can see most of the extra detail, anyway. Once the camera is zoomed out I fear it won't look much different than current gen.

I'm more excited for physics and AI improvements though.

TheCrow

At this point I'm pretty sure the only console I'm getting is whatever the league is on, I don't think I play any games anymore besides competitive sports games and whatever you guys are playing

I still have a bunch of unplayed PC games!

Same here except I don't want to pay for gold anymore and the ps4 has better hardware (dat sharing button).

are we!?!?
I'm fine with either 360 or PS4.

What the f? All that Live TV stuff MS was crowing about at the conference and you need a separate device beyond Xbox One?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=560619

Worst conference ever. Steambox will save us if Sony does not.

Should've been obvious. That's why I found the first 20 or so minutes of the presentation pointless.

DCX

DCX
I loved that all the footage shown for the EA Sports games were up close. That is the only time you can see most of the extra detail, anyway. Once the camera is zoomed out I fear it won't look much different than current gen.

I'm more excited for physics and AI improvements though.

This is somewhat true. The quality of the overall image should be alot better. textures, lighting..weather and of course the AI and physics. Hopefully animations most of all.

DCX

Sanjuro

I'm just humored by the notion of wild emotions towards either console. At least Microsoft showed me the console, controller, and a bit of what it can do.

Either way, will probably end up with both at some point.

Smokey

Can anyone here explain the difference between GDDR5 and DDR3?

GDDR5 is extremely fast memory that up until the PS4 was only used on graphics cards. DDR3 is your standard memory that has been around for years. MS most likely were caught naked when Sony announced that they were using GDDR5 for the system RAM and thought they could be cute and up their RAM to 8 GB DDR3. Only that it's a lot slower than their competition...

Sanjuro

GDDR5 is extremely fast memory that up until the PS4 was only used on graphics cards. DDR3 is your standard memory that has been around for years. MS most likely were caught naked when Sony announced that they were using GDDR5 for the system RAM and thought they could be cute and up their RAM to 8 GB DDR3. Only that it's a lot slower than their competition...

I don't think they are being cute. That shit is cheap, cash-money.

the fact that they're doing a fee already has me locked in for ps4

the fuck is that shit

and yes I will get nhl 14 for the 360 too. I wonder how many we'll have next year...seems at least 13!

LJ11

Buy all my games new, but this is shit for a number of reasons.

Sony's kind of kept quiet about it even though they've said they'll allow used games, wonder if there's a catch as well.

TheCrow

Buy all my games new, but this is shit for a number of reasons.

Sony's kind of kept quiet about it even though they've said they'll allow used games, wonder if there's a catch as well.

If Sony does do something it can't be as prohibitive because the used games market is huge in Japan. They can't afford to lose that segment of the market.

Sanjuro

I would love what Microsoft was doing if it meant not needing the disk once pre-installed.

If that turns out to be the case, awesome.

Mrbob

GDDR5 memory is what is on video cards because it is super fast. DDR3 usually for system memory. Now those data engines in the Xbox One( lol ) will help speed things up, but it seems to be workaround versus not having GDDR5. The downside of GDDR5 is it is more expensive memory, that's it.

After seeing those hardware specs revealed by MS, it pretty much matches all the pre unveil leaks. PS4 is going to have the multi platform advantage this time around.

Somnia

It sounds like Sony will not be including the camera in every box, they made that decision in order to up the ram and keep costs in line. Smart decision imo.

Somnia

Wait, the Microsoft cable box needs an additional cable box.

For the TV stuff? Yessir! HDMI out and in on the box, you take your hdmi from your cable/directtv box into the xbox then from your xbox into the tv. It overlays the live tv through your xbox.

Top Bottom