• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

Mrbob

Somnia, I hope you are right about the PS4 camera. If something is cool and worth it I'll buy the camera for it. But I don't need be forced upon owning one nor have it required for the system to function.

Edit:

MS is making it too easy for me today:

ijW9KbFN8WmTW.gif

Trasher

Somnia, I hope you are right about the PS4 camera. If something is cool and worth it I'll buy the camera for it. But I don't need be forced upon owning one nor have it required for the system to function.

Edit:

MS is making it too easy for me today:

ijW9KbFN8WmTW.gif

Does Sony sponsor your drive thru?

Ferny

I think we need to take a wait and see approach with the PS4 as well. Since when has Sony actually done things right last gen (other than PSPlus being ok)? They get a pass because all of a sudden they had a reveal with a controller and some videos?

We know nothing of their whole "used games" stuff and im pretty sure it will have something in the box since they can't afford to have publishers want to go on the XONE's side because of the piracy concerns. I also don't see the big deal with it being to linked to your system and shit...pretty much this whole league plays games on steam and it's not like you can trade in or give a game to a friend there? I feel like it's complaining to complain.

All I know is i've seen a ton of people on Facebook and IG say "Oh man the Xbox One is so cool, getting it first day!" sure most of those people are what you call casual, but that's the exact market that they went with for this event. Microsoft has E3 for games, they didn't need to show games stuff here.

I think we need to take a wait and see approach with the PS4 as well. Since when has Sony actually done things right last gen (other than PSPlus being ok)? They get a pass because all of a sudden they had a reveal with a controller and some videos?

We know nothing of their whole "used games" stuff and im pretty sure it will have something in the box since they can't afford to have publishers want to go on the XONE's side because of the piracy concerns. I also don't see the big deal with it being to linked to your system and shit...pretty much this whole league plays games on steam and it's not like you can trade in or give a game to a friend there? I feel like it's complaining to complain.

All I know is i've seen a ton of people on Facebook and IG say "Oh man the Xbox One is so cool, getting it first day!" sure most of those people are what you call casual, but that's the exact market that they went with for this event. Microsoft has E3 for games, they didn't need to show games stuff here.

well of course everything is wait and see, but people are going to discuss whats out there right now. take PS4 out of the equation for now. what MS presented today was complete bullshit. if sony does the samething then people will call them out on it as well. now whether sony won't because they just haven't announced it yet or whether they wont because they wont doesn't matter for what was revealed with XBO today.

i really don't give a shit if both consoles pull this crap because i'll just be a PC-only gamer but it would be nice if either sony or MS (or both!) didn't completely butt fuck the consumer

McNei1y

Ferny's post is why I'm still leaning towards the Xbox. I skimmed and read a few things for the past hour or two and I'm pretty much where I was four hours ago. I don't know much about the console except for Kinect and cable TV and that bonus app garbage. I do know that Microsoft games have always been where it's at IMO. I wouldn't know the first thing to get on PS4 aside from sports games. So I think of that as a waste since I can get sports games as well as some great exclusives on the Xbox.

Edit: And for games like Battlefield 4 and the like, I'm still getting it on my PC. However, I think I need to update my ram.

Somnia

I am not making my decision till E3. I don't mind the online stuff, I don't mind the used game stuff since I don't buy used. Right now everything is very unclear, until MS comes out in detail to explain everything we are kinda guessing.

McNei1y

I am not making my decision till E3. I don't mind the online stuff, I don't mind the used game stuff since I don't buy used. Right now everything is very unclear, until MS comes out in detail to explain everything we are kinda guessing.

Totally. What we do know is that there's this game currently out called DOTA 2 that is a fun game. We also know that NHL bros should be buying the game on the 360 regardless of the new systems!

Ferny

We'll my post was people being "locked in" to the PS4 already without even really knowing anything yet. Microsoft still has the name recognition of XBox coming from their huge last gen showing and to casuals they will see all the extra stuff such as TV viewing, kinect and all that and they will be blown away. To us, it doesn't matter as much.

Ramirez

I'll buy both, just like this gen. And just like this gen, they'll both have great exclusives that I can't get on the other. I don't understand why it has to be either/or.

I'll buy both, just like this gen. And just like this gen, they'll both have great exclusives that I can't get on the other. I don't understand why it has to be either/or.

Yeah but not all of us are going to get both and we want to know what's better for the league

TheCrow

Not everyone will be getting both. Assuming the league is on PS4 I won't be getting a xbox one until it's heavily discounted.

Mrbob

Official Xbox One FAQ from MS:

Q: Does Xbox One require an “always on” Internet connection?

A: No, it does not have to be always connected, but Xbox One does require a connection to the Internet.

You be the judge.

BigAT

Don't think this was posted in here yet but:

Bryan Wiedey ‏@pastapadre
FYI the EA Sports game footage was pre-rendered. Not taken from running off Xbox One hardware.

I thought it looked pretty awful for prerendered footage.

McNei1y

We'll my post was people being "locked in" to the PS4 already without even really knowing anything yet. Microsoft still has the name recognition of XBox coming from their huge last gen showing and to casuals they will see all the extra stuff such as TV viewing, kinect and all that and they will be blown away. To us, it doesn't matter as much.

Well yeah, I knew that was your point. I just thought mentioning how Microsoft has the games and how early it is can still bring some optimism on the Microsoft front since we are, like, 6-7 months away.

I'll be in the same situation. I'll have both before we start the league on the next gen system but it will be weird if it was a dominant shift over to PS4.

TheCrow

Don't think this was posted in here yet but:

Bryan Wiedey ‏@pastapadre
FYI the EA Sports game footage was pre-rendered. Not taken from running off Xbox One hardware.

I thought it looked pretty awful for prerendered footage.

They don't want to set the bar too high.

McNei1y

I don't mind 'always online' but it is bullshit to enforce this. There have only been a couple of times where Comcast was down and I still played Xbox but for the most part, I only play online anyway.

To them, it's probably not a big deal. As I've said else where, my 360 has always been connected, so really, I don't get the uproar.

You do realize there are at least .1000 different reasons people would be unable to connect to the internet, right? Even if your internet is the most stable thing on the planet

Ramirez

You do realize there are at least .1000 different reasons people would be unable to connect to the internet, right? Even if your internet is the most stable thing on the planet

Which is why I said, to them it's not a big deal. You not being able to connect to the net has no impact on me, thus I don't give a shit.

^ Yea, I forgot the consoles won't be out until way after 360 Madden comes out.

Which is why I said, to them it's not a big deal. You not being able to connect to the net has no impact on me, thus I don't give a shit.

^ Yea, I forgot the consoles won't be out until way after 360 Madden comes out.

Right. You don't give a shit. But to bury your head in the sand as if its a non issue is just silly.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Lol, poor CB.

League starts in August. New systems won't be out until Oct/Nov. We'll be deep in the league already.
I don't have a pony in this race. I'll happily skip the new Xbox (at least at launch) if it isn't worth it. Wait for it to come down in price. Its looking that way just based off today.

Ferny

I think it's safe to assume most people in this league don't really have to worry about "always on" shit. Is it an issue? Sure but they can certainly do things to make it as small of an issue as possible. Do I care about it? Not really, because for the most part my internet only goes down about an hour or every couple months. If you want to advocate for the industry as whole, feel free.

McNei1y

in9VlqpxAS4Q2.gif

League starts in August. New systems won't be out until Oct/Nov. We'll be deep in the league already.

If the past two seasons have any indication, we're about a couple of weeks in Season 2 in November.

Ramirez

I think it's safe to assume most people in this league don't really have to worry about "always on" shit. Is it an issue? Sure but they can certainly do things to make it as small of an issue as possible. Do I care about it? Not really, because for the most part my internet only goes down about an hour or every couple months. If you want to advocate for the industry as whole, feel free.

Stop burying your head in the sand brah

it's not just the "always online/24 hour connection" issue because most of us have our consoles connected like that. but i don't want to be unable to play a game IN THE EVENT that something happened to my internet connection for a few hours or a day or whatever. how is this in the best interest of the consumer? if i paid for a game, i want to play it whenever i want. not just in the event that i can connect to the internet.

and the defense of "oh no worries you can just sign in with your profile at your buddies house!" is fine if adding the new profile is instant UNLIKE it is with xbox 360. when i looked into lukes account in madden 12 or whenever it was it took about 10-15 minutes to download the new profile onto that system. then when i deleted his profile off, i had to re-download my own profile again. maybe MS should go the sony route and say "go make a sandwich while this is happening you fucking idiot!"

i also don't like that MS cheaped out on the tech, i don't like that they're more interested in providing a bunch of stupid fucking apps to the system and making this an entertainment hub. if i buy a videogame system i want a videogame system, not a jack of all trades master of none box.

maybe none of this is correct, maybe sony will pull the same shit, maybe both systems will suck dick or maybe both systems will be awesome and appeal to me at e3 but based on today the XBO sounds like a shitty deal to me

Trasher

If there is an event that causes you to lose internet for more than a day, then I'm gonna assume that playing a video game is going to be the least of your problems.

#zombieapocalypse

If there is an event that causes you to lose internet for more than a day, then I'm gonna assume that playing a video game is going to be the least of your problems.

#zombieapocalypse

what about in the event that i move and the fios guy can't make it out for the weekend or a week? huh! what about that! what am i supposed to do then?

Top Bottom