• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

You guys are seriously missing the point.

Anyone in the military will be fucked by this asinine shit... but fuck them, right? It doesn't affect ME!

I deployed 3 times and you can't get stable internet out there(duh). You also cant fuck or drink. There is a very small list of things you can do to get away from shit and relieve some stress. So what the fuck do you do to relieve some stress? You play video games.

All throughout the living quarters and dorms there are 360's and PS3's hooked up that people brought from home. People play games, hang out, and talk some shit to get away from the stress. Most people work 6 days on 1 off - 12-14 hour shifts. You get one day to have some alone time. To chill with some friends and relieve some stress but you cant play your xbox cause you have no internet or the internet is out. But fuck these guys cause they don't have stable internet or no internet at all. Who cares about those guys... they can surely find something else to do.

but carry on with this nonsense... because the internet is super stable in my apartment which is co located at the center of the universe

Trasher

Anyone in the military will be fucked by this asinine shit... but fuck them, right? It doesn't affect ME!

I deployed 3 times and you can't get stable internet out there(duh). You also cant fuck or drink. There is a very small list of things you can do to get away from shit and relieve some stress. So what the fuck do you do to relieve some stress? You play video games.

All throughout the living quarters and dorms there are 360's and PS3's hooked up that people brought from home. People play games, hang out, and talk some shit to get away from the stress. Most people work 6 days on 1 off - 12-14 hour shifts. You get one day to have some alone time. To chill with some friends and relieve some stress but you cant play your xbox cause you have no internet or the internet is out. But fuck these guys cause they don't have stable internet or no internet at all. Who cares about those guys... they can surely find something else to do.

but carry on with this nonsense... because the internet is super stable in my apartment which is co located at the center of the universe

Military personnel get to kill people in real life all the time. They get their fix on the daily. Us internet users need ours!

my other post was serious though. complete bullshit and anti-consumer

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
If I buy a disc game, will multiple users/profiles on my system be able to play it or is it tied to just an account?

eznark

Banned
What the heck? You can play Dota 2 with a controller?
YYvGh2I.png

Lol is that my status right now? I've been out of town.

Ramirez

I'm buying both too. Everything about that reveal today was a fuck you, yet you have a hard on. I hope you're getting paid cause if not you're just a nimrod.

Saying always online & no used games doesn't bother me is a hard on? Ok.

I was mostly trolling Shake for the lulz.

eznark

Banned
So if it acts as a 32x esque add on for my cable box, can I still watch TV when the Internet goes down if I'm using it as a pass through??

McNei1y

It's going to be embarrassing when I'm playing a game naked and Kinect decides to Skype someone.

and by embarrassing, I mean enticing.

FC3 is amazing - why didnt anyone tell me????????

Didn't realize how much they stripped out of the game to make Blood Dragon... and I still dumped 11 hours into that and didnt even beat it.

Plus i wanna start playing dota. Good bye free time!

Part of the reason MS went cheap on the components has to be because of their newly expanded server network. They are betting big on XBL

15,000 servers to 300,000... that is a hell of an investment

TheCrow

FC3 is amazing - why didnt anyone tell me????????

Didn't realize how much they stripped out of the game to make Blood Dragon... and I still dumped 11 hours into that and didnt even beat it.

Plus i wanna start playing dota. Good bye free time!

Lets learn together!

Smokey

Reading up on stuff I missed about Xone...8GB of DDR3 with 5GB used for games and the rest for the three goddamn OS'? FFS. 1.2TF of GPU power vs PS4 1.8TF? So not only does Sony have more/faster RAM, they also have a GPU that is 50% faster..

Oh lawd.What a joke. XboxOneU

Ferny

The PS3 was a more powerful system from the start last gen and I can't name many games that looked THAT much better than on Xbox. I mean even Halo 4 which came super late in the cycle looked amazing in some areas. It's all about the developers and which system ends up being easier for them to work on. Maybe it's the PS4 or maybe it's the One.

Smokey

The PS3 was a more powerful system from the start last gen and I can't name many games that looked THAT much better than on Xbox. I mean even Halo 4 which came super late in the cycle looked amazing in some areas. It's all about the developers and which system ends up being easier for them to work on. Maybe it's the PS4 or maybe it's the One.

Different situation. PS3 was more powerful but came out a year later. The two systems are coming out around the same time this year. Tools were already in place for the 360 by the time PS3 came around. MS won't have that head start with One. That RAM amount and speed difference is huge.

Mrbob

No headset included with console. Megaton. Kinect will be default device acting as microphone

Another reason PS4 is the gamers choice next gen.

Ps3s problem was how complicated it was for developers. Only a few (ND and maybe Santa Monica) got the most out of it and that is why games like uncharted, GOW and the last of us look so good.

It's not a matter of a 3rd party game looking incredible on 360 and shitty on ps3. It was just a lot of little things like a worse frame rate, worse textures and just overall worse performance that made 360 the best for 3rd party games. Who knows how easy either new system is to work with of how much the extra power in ps4 will mean

Smokey

No headset included with console. Megaton. Kinect will be default device acting as microphone

Another reason PS4 is the gamers choice next gen.

I was just about to post that. Nobody wants to use a goddamn Kinect to talk on XBL.

MS is literally doing the opposite of what got them here.

Ferny

I actually read an interesting thought regarding EA dropping their whole online pass thing and it coinciding with the XONE reveal. Does anyone really think they would totally drop it and Sony not have something similar to what Microsoft will be doing on their end. I can't see one console having anti-piracy measures and the other not have them at all.

Top Bottom