• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

TheCrow

I actually read an interesting thought regarding EA dropping their whole online pass thing and it coinciding with the XONE reveal. Does anyone really think they would totally drop it and Sony not have something similar to what Microsoft will be doing on their end. I can't see one console having anti-piracy measures and the other not have them at all.

Perhaps sony will leave it up to the publishers so western pubs like EA or activision can block used games but japanese companies won't. I'd be shocked if it was system wide like the xbox one.

Mrbob

I actually read an interesting thought regarding EA dropping their whole online pass thing and it coinciding with the XONE reveal. Does anyone really think they would totally drop it and Sony not have something similar to what Microsoft will be doing on their end. I can't see one console having anti-piracy measures and the other not have them at all.

I'm sure Sony will do what they normally do and leave this decision up to the publisher. But yeah, EA obviously didn't drop the season pass for our benefit.

eznark

Banned
I've posted in the thread a couple times and I get no response. I'm fully free now my work project is done.

Was your work project to produce that Microsoft press conference and sabotage it?

I totally forgot that Microsoft delayed this show. For what?? How abysmal would the show have been a month ago?

BigAT

I'm of a similar belief. I said prior to Sony's conference that there was no way only one of them would eliminate used games sales and not both, as it would be a disaster for whichever one did if the other didn't. I maintain that will still be the case with them now effectively killing used games as we know them.

I think Sony has just been smart/deceptive by not getting into specifics yet on many of their system features. Right now "We have a used game solution" doesn't necessarily sound much different from what Microsoft is doing. I just can't imagine EA is eliminating season passes and then five months from now they're going to bring it back just for PS4 purchases.

Smokey

My supervisor literally spent 5 minutes on a worldwide conference call talking about xbox one..

ms already won. Dat mainstream impression

eznark

Banned
My supervisor literally spent 5 minutes on a worldwide conference call talking about xbox one..

ms already won. Dat mainstream impression

Local news this morning said Microsoft revealed a device that aims to revolutionize the way we watch TV. Nothing else. Lol

WiiU got way more buzz from mainstream press after reveal. Nintendo already won!

Smokey

Local news this morning said Microsoft revealed a device that aims to revolutionize the way we watch TV. Nothing else. Lol

WiiU got way more buzz from mainstream press after reveal. Nintendo already won!

Nintendo won for a second but the difference is ms has got buckets of money to throw around and isn't as dense as iwata and crew. $400 mill just on that nfl deal like it's nothing. That's essentially just for the us as the rest of the world doesn't five fucks about the nfl.

eznark

Banned
It'll be interesting to see what they get for that. Certainly not live streaming. DTV spends like a billion a year on that exclusivity. So, their NFL offering is almost surely inferior to Sony's , yet people have boners. I'm lost.

Smokey

It'll be interesting to see what they get for that. Certainly not live streaming. DTV spends like a billion a year on that exclusivity. So, their NFL offering is almost surely inferior to Sony's , yet people have boners. I'm lost.

The article I read said surface tablets will be used on the sidelines as part of the deal. Really it's all about them just partnering with the most popular league. You know it will come up during the superbowls and whenever else they can get it in. I see it as a 400 mill PR move. That's the difference between Nintendo and ms. Nintendo ain't about that life. WiiU is in a weird spot. I don't even think Mario and Zelda can save them this time.

eznark

Banned
The article I read said surface tablets will be used on the sidelines as part of the deal. Really it's all about them just partnering with the most popular league. You know it will come up during the superbowls and whenever else they can get it in. I see it as a 400 mill PR move. That's the difference between Nintendo and ms. Nintendo ain't about that life. WiiU is in a weird spot. I don't even think Mario and Zenda can save them this time.

Oh, I think it's great for Microsoft but I doubt there will be a huge impact for the 1. Biggest potential I see is for the Surface and even OneNote. Showing what those two actually awesome products are capable of is going to be huge.

Colasante

I can't understand why anyone would call the NFL/Microsoft parternship a game changer. They didn't even explain what it was, and no one will care if it doesn't involve actually watching games. I'm no more likely to buy a Surface over an iPad just because I saw Belichick fiddling with one on that sidelines. It's just a misplaced initiative.

I can't understand why anyone would call the NFL/Microsoft parternship a game changer. They didn't even explain what it was, and no one will care if it doesn't involve actually watching games. I'm no more likely to buy a Surface over an iPad just because I saw Belichick fiddling with one on that sidelines. It's just a misplaced initiative.

Stream all NFL games live with you Xbox live gold membership! Yeah!

Smokey

It's not a game changer but don't have underestimate how crazy people are for fantasy football. Just by being associated with the most popular sport in the country they and their products are probably going to get a ton of extra exposure.

I may be giving them too much credit but at e3 maybe they'll focus more on the games and those IPs they have coming. I'm sure they are still be some shitty entertainment stuff in their conference... But maybe not as much. They have the main stream buzz right now which is what they wanted..

DMczaf

I finally caught up on the Connected Franchise details.

Yup, they easily have my $100 (getting that "free" Sunday Ticket BOOYYEEE!)

DMczaf

DM, I bet you can't wait to not play your games!

My schedule will be much better now. I'm just working full time and doing one class a semester to finish my Masters. My schedule turned to shit when I accepted this job during spring break. I was doing full time school, part time work, part time on side school projects and helping my girlfriend with her senior design project.

I was dead.

It's not a game changer but don't have underestimate how crazy people are for fantasy football. Just by being associated with the most popular sport in the country they and their products are probably going to get a ton of extra exposure.

I may be giving them too much credit but at e3 maybe they'll focus more on the games and those IPs they have coming. I'm sure they are still be some shitty entertainment stuff in their conference... But maybe not as much. They have the main stream buzz right now which is what they wanted..

Every newly announced electronic device has buzz... Even wiiU!

But of course it's hard to look at things outside of the neogaf bubble if hardcore gamers. Xbone looks like a disaster on neogaf but perhaps the general public is lovin it

Mrbob

The article I read said surface tablets will be used on the sidelines as part of the deal. Really it's all about them just partnering with the most popular league. You know it will come up during the superbowls and whenever else they can get it in. I see it as a 400 mill PR move. That's the difference between Nintendo and ms. Nintendo ain't about that life. WiiU is in a weird spot. I don't even think Mario and Zelda can save them this time.

Lol, you think showing Surface Tablets on the sidelines will help? Forgot Sony for a second, I guess Apple is screwed now. No one will want an Ipad anymore.

BigAT

This is the only time gaming side is readable.

The only redeemable thing is that Sunhi delivers gifts like this:

iBzvb2JSpQNRM.gif

eznark

Banned
Lol, you think showing Surface Tablets on the sidelines will help? Forgot Sony for a second, I guess Apple is screwed now. No one will want an Ipad anymore.

I do. I think it helps show that they are viable machines and if done smartly, the NFL can use them to do more robust things (spreadsheet analysis for example) than with competitors. Does it all of a sudden make Microsoft the favorite tablet in the world? No, but it's an incredibly cheap way to show the capabilities of a device that is still an unknown.

Smokey

Uh yes? I didn't say it would be a game changer but this won't be a light partnership.

Mrbob

I read the fine print for the "free" Sunday Ticket with the 100 dollar Madden. You need to order a second year at the same time at full price.

I read the fine print for the "free" Sunday Ticket with the 100 dollar Madden. You need to order a second year at the same time at full price.

Ah, that's the catch

Well fuck them

Also
@RichCimini
Sanchez intercepted by NT Damon Harrison on a screen. One play later, Sanchez picked by Jarrett on poor throw to Kerley on deep seam. #Jets

@RichCimini
Early thought on #Jets QB comp: Ugh. Sanchez 6-for-11, 3 INTs, 1 sack. (1 INT may have been a sack.) Geno Smith 3-for-10, 1 INT, 1 sack

This is going to be another magical Jets season

Ferny

Like Smokey said before, being partnered with the most popular league in the US is really what the partnership is for. That $400 million price tag is basically marketing and having their products used by the NFL. To us it may not matter as much but that mainstream fan who goes to NFL games and sees an Xbox One banner or whatever it may be, will go towards that product.

@RichCimini
Sanchez intercepted by NT Damon Harrison on a screen. One play later, Sanchez picked by Jarrett on poor throw to Kerley on deep seam. #Jets

@RichCimini
Early thought on #Jets QB comp: Ugh. Sanchez 6-for-11, 3 INTs, 1 sack. (1 INT may have been a sack.) Geno Smith 3-for-10, 1 INT, 1 sack
I expected this from Smith but Sanchez is still horrible. That's the sad thing.

McNei1y

I finally caught up on the Connected Franchise details.

Yup, they easily have my $100 (getting that "free" Sunday Ticket BOOYYEEE!)

I can't read anything at the moment. Does anyone care to bullet important details for the new connected franchise?

also, that second year NFL ticket thing is garbage

Mrbob

You might be right. The wording changed. When I first checked a couple weeks ago it said you had to buy a second year. I just checked again and I don't see it. So I have no idea now.

Top Bottom