• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

Ramirez

Says the guy who has basically been begging for a Xbox One league to start over the past couple days.

What if the next gen version actually turns out to be a better playing game? Unlikely I know, but just a thought.

Gee, no specific console stated, weird.

Yeah. Now you are a grown man who gets head from chubby girls!

oQoLD0Y.jpg

Best head ever, they really are hungry.

who knows what will happen if next gen madden plays better and has more features than current gen madden (LOL!) but one thing i know for sure is if all these details about Xbone are true i won't be buying one at launch. and if sony pulls the same bullshit i wont buy a ps4 either.

i actually hope they both go that route so i can just go fucking nuts and build a top of the line PC gaming rig. i could technically do it now but im a lazy man and im content with my mid-range pc + next gen console if it comes to pass.

Mrbob

Ramirez, it's cute that you try to convince us you aren't a raging Xbro. Although, as your Halo Reach time proves, you do like to spend a lot of your time playing something you don't enjoy.

who knows what will happen if next gen madden plays better and has more features than current gen madden (LOL!) but one thing i know for sure is if all these details about Xbone are true i won't be buying one at launch. and if sony pulls the same bullshit i wont buy a ps4 either.

i actually hope they both go that route so i can just go fucking nuts and build a top of the line PC gaming rig. i could technically do it now but im a lazy man and im content with my mid-range pc + next gen console if it comes to pass.

EA needs to the right thing and strike a deal with Valve so Madden can come to the Steambox.

anyone catch the adam sessler interview with the MS rep?

On DRM:

Matt Booty: If I come over to your house and I play with my profile, then I'm going to be able to use that game. If you want to play with your profile, that's as if you're buying the game.

On always-online:

Adam Sessler: Now that brings us to what is probably the greater concern for the core gamers out there, which is the notion of always-online. That really wasn't addressed specifically in the presentation today. Is there any sort of clarity as to whether or not you have to have a persistent internet connection, or just an internet connection that offers sort of a handshake to just kind of verify that there is something connected to the internet.

Matt Booty: Yeah that's another topic where there's been a bunch of stuff flying around and I would probably look to what our official update through the day is. What I'll say is that we diffidently designed XBox One to take advantage of everything that the internet has to offer. And everything that being ready and connected can bring. So in terms of automatic updates, in terms of expanded content, obviously multiplayer, online play, the power of the cloud. These are all the great advantages of the internet. I think we've gotten a little hung up today on some of the details, and is it two minutes or two hours, and I like to think more about all the advantages of that an internet connected device are going to bring to a console.

Adam Sessler: I mean so if you are to sort of look at it, in terms of the idea- and I think there was a memo out there maybe a couple of weeks ago, if you have a truly solitary single player experience, would that require an internet connection?

Matt Booty: I think we're going to- so in the absence of any internet connection, you're going to be able to play blu-ray movies, and there are likely to be some games modes that you'll be able to continue to play. But again, the XBox One was really designed to take advantage of the modern era where people have got high speed internet, where it's just all the advantages it brings in terms of the cloud, knowing what your friends are doing, online play and everything else that goes along with having an internet connection.

i know it's PR but when MS people say things about how always online will somehow improve the experience i just don't get it. how does always online benefit me over what i get from xbox 360 now? anyways, the whole situation is pretty funny

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
remember:

jack english = john elway
kelly james = jim kelly

and then there was a dan marino, jerry rice and some other clone guys

Jerry Rice was Jamarion Bellows and of course, there was Tim Tribrow. Tribrow 4 JEBUS!

So, who else went "meh" at the X-Bone?

TheCrow

Didn't you have success with the real Tebow, using my patented Tribrow System of Quaterbacking? Trips Formation, if the Flat's not there, RUN!

There was no real Tebow in 10 but I made decent playoff runs with him in 11, 12, and 13. As for my offense, it was run heavy with play action and a short passing game. oh and long field goals, <3 Prater. Nothing special until I got the read option in 13.

anyone catch the adam sessler interview with the MS rep?

i know it's PR but when MS people say things about how always online will somehow improve the experience i just don't get it. how does always online benefit me over what i get from xbox 360 now? anyways, the whole situation is pretty funny

It's primary purpose is to play games, right? You should be able to play games on it no matter what. I'm with you... what is the huge benefit to being always online? How does being connected once every 24 hours improve the experience? What is the fucking point?

Can't wait until this spreads to the rest of the industry.

Oh, you thought you were going to jam out to some GOOS while pumping some iron? Shoulda connected your ipod to iTunes in the last 24 hours!

This shit makes absolutely no sense.

McNei1y

Let me know if someone picks Kunkka so I can actually watch these games. There's no point to watch the other heroes. Or play them.

eznark

Banned
What else should I learn to play? I should find a hero I can play in pub matches instead of just randoming all the time. I always only play support for the most part. Maybe I should learn a tank?

What else should I learn to play? I should find a hero I can play in pub matches instead of just randoming all the time. I always only play support for the most part. Maybe I should learn a tank?

If you like supports, you can always try an offensive support like Lina or Lion or someone.

BigAT

Axe is the best hero in the game, so it's kind of unfair if you pick him.

Warlock would be a good support to learn since he's bullshit. Skeleton King is a good first carry to learn (he only has a single active skill), Vengeful Spirit and Venomancer are two good semi-supports that can put out decent offense too.

I feel like junglers can sometimes be a good thing to learn since you don't have to deal with the intricacies of laning, but you need to know what you're doing or you're going to be behind. The items you start with and skill build usually needs to be pretty specific. Watching examples on Youtube or replays in game is a good place to get started for learning how to jungle.

eznark

Banned
Just played a game with Venomancer. We got rolled by a Sklar early but were able to put on a mean defense thanks to my bad assery with Venomancer. Encircling team fights with spitters will never not be hilarious.

I might have to buy this guy some clothes.

Top Bottom