• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

eznark

Banned
You were looking for something like this?

pinkameena_and_pudge_by_raedrob-d4y1o5n.png

eznark

Banned
I don't know how I'm supposed to solo a lane against slark and that glowy cunt and buy wards and the courier. I need like 6 health potions to solo that lane

BigAT

I don't know how I'm supposed to solo a lane against slark and that glowy cunt and buy wards and the courier. I need like 6 health potions to solo that lane

When you're in a position like that, you need to drastically change the way you play. That just isn't a lane you're going to win, no chance. You need to play incredibly cautious and safe instead of really attempting to go for last hits. Your main goal in a situation like that is to get what experience you can and, most importantly, not die. Hang back off the creep wave but within experience range, camp underneath your tower if need be. It's not the end of the world if you don't get a ton of gold and experience from your lane, but if you give the other team a few kills it can really spiral out of control quickly. That being said, you shouldn't have even been in that spot in the first place.

As far as building Warlock, you can start out with a Ring of Protection to give you some extra armor out of the gate, then build it into a Ring of Basilius for mana regeneration. A Bracer is always great for support heroes that need a cheap way to get some extra health. Level up your healing spell first and use it on yourself if you get low. On Warlock I usually do Basilius, Arcane Boots, Mek if my team needs it, then Aghanim's Scepter if things are going really well and I have a lot of gold.

eznark

Banned
When you're in a position like that, you need to drastically change the way you play. That just isn't a lane you're going to win, no chance. You need to play incredibly cautious and safe instead of really attempting to go for last hits. Your main goal in a situation like that is to get what experience you can and, most importantly, not die. Hang back off the creep wave but within experience range, camp underneath your tower if need be. It's not the end of the world if you don't get a ton of gold and experience from your lane, but if you give the other team a few kills it can really spiral out of control quickly. That being said, you shouldn't have even been in that spot in the first place.

As far as building Warlock, you can start out with a Ring of Protection to give you some extra armor out of the gate, then build it into a Ring of Basilius for mana regeneration. A Bracer is always great for support heroes that need a cheap way to get some extra health. Level up your healing spell first and use it on yourself if you get low. On Warlock I usually do Basilius, Arcane Boots, Mek if my team needs it, then Aghanim's Scepter if things are going really well and I have a lot of gold.

After the first death that's what I did, however they were able to ignore the tower, walk right up to me and kill me and then walk away. It sucked!

That build is pretty much exactly the way I was doing it last night. I think I went with Mek and then Drum instead of the scepter.

Also I caught up on Game of Thrones. Was it really necessary to take away that dudes blue beard and blue hair? What the fuck??

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
We're bros mcneily, but I'm about one step away from putting you on ignore because I dont want to see that avatar anymore. Its disturbing.

I think we're all forgetting about the awesome CM draft last night with the leader who didn't know how to draft and the one guy who wouldn't shut up.

Mrbob

Thanks. Just ordered the 840 Pro from Amazon.

Even if I get this crucial fixed my problem is a known issue with the device. I lost its recognition in the bios once before but it came back. This time it didn't. It's a power state issue. Somehow this crucial M4 has an issue where it loses all power to the drive itself. You are supposed to turn on your PC for 20 to 30 minutes, leave it idle. Turn it off and unplug the power cable. Turn it back on for another 20 to 30, then turn it off and unplug the power cable to try and recharge the device. I might try this in the future so I can keep this as a secondary SSD but it won't by main one anymore.

Ramirez

This thread teaches me something new every day.

First it was me being a die hard Goos fan, and now I'm an Xbot.

Whatever keeps you guys entertained.

his bio for full disclosure:

"Eric Yaverbaum is the Best Selling Author of six books including the famed Public Relations For Dummies (Wiley).

With more than 25 years of experience to the practice of public relations, Eric has earned a reputation for his unique expertise in strategic media relations, crisis communications, and media training. He co-founded Jericho Communications in 1985, the 11th ranked PR firm in the country to work for and served as its president before it's successful merger in 2005. He then founded Ericho Communications in 2006 and has offices in New York City and White Plains.

In 2011, Eric joined forces with the top social media experts in the industry to launch four social media magazines (Tweeting & Business, FB & Business, LI & Business, The Big G & Business) which has a combined business circulation of over 14 million."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/eric-yaverbaum/

lulz

also:

ExtremeTech discovered the filing back in November, which is labelled as covering "content distribution regulation by viewing user." Theoretically, if the Kinect establishes there are more people in the room than is permitted according to the licence that users agree to when renting of purchasing content, the movie won't play.

lol no way is all of this shit going to actually happen

eznark

Banned
I have 8-10 people over to watch movies fairly often. The whole compound comes over for Sunday dinner! Thankfully Sony doesn't hate freedom.

Rorschach

I doubt it ever happens. If it did, it'll probably be like 20 people or something like that. A number most people won't reach. The weird part is that the camera is always watching you. Nothing will come of it... but it's a little unsettling. Reminds me of that website that would let you watch people through their webcams if they didn't have them turned off or secured.

Top Bottom