• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

McNei1y

Just played a game with Venomancer. We got rolled by a Sklar early but were able to put on a mean defense thanks to my bad assery with Venomancer. Encircling team fights with spitters will never not be hilarious.

I might have to buy this guy some clothes.

Aw man, I was going to be venomancer!

McNei1y

No, no. You keep your Venomancer. I'll have to try someone else on Kunkka's level.

Who's a hero that no one expects to be selected? I want to become mediocre with that character!

LukeSmith

Initiator/Support like Kunkka. I was looking at the wiki and would Lion be a good pick? Or is there someone more random than him? I'm just not ready to go carry yet since I don't know nearly enough of every opponents abilities nor all the items.

Learn Earthshaker.

• Leave base with obs wards 6 mana potions and iron branches
  • Take fissure at lvl 1
  • Harass the shit out of people with fissure early game (easy first blood set-up hero).
  • Get arcane boots
  • Get Blink Dagger
Win game.

Earthshaker was a better support in the pre-buffed Jakiro era than he is now, but he's still a bunch of fun to play.

Nightz

Whats the best way to get up to speed on Dota? Can you play bots or something?

Have AT on your team and listen to him when he tells you what to do lol.

Edit:
Madden 25 will give you the ability to change player positions. Doesn't look like it's locked down like it was this year.

BigAT

Learn Earthshaker.

• Take fissure at lvl 1
  • Harass the shit out of people with fissure early game (easy first blood set-up hero).
  • Get arcane boots
  • Get Blink Dagger
Win game.

Earthshaker was a better support in the pre-buffed Jakiro era than he is now, but he's still a bunch of fun to play.

I didn't bring up ES because I envisioned a metric shitton of fail-fissures blocking us off from the enemy. The nightmares!

Whats the best way to get up to speed on Dota? Can you play bots or something?

Yes, you can play against bots. I would recommend only playing bots for a couple of games while you're learning the most basic mechanics of the game. You need to be playing against humans to really learn the pace of things.

Some good beginners guides that helped me:
http://www.playdota.com/learn
http://www.purgegamers.com/welcome-to-dota-you-suck#.UZ6V1YfFWQk

McNei1y

Learn Earthshaker.

• Take fissure at lvl 1
  • Get arcane boots
  • Get Blink Dagger
Win game.

I will try this in some pub games. Thanks for the recommendation!

As for mastershake, yeah, just play with us and the basics will come to you.

And if I have to locate the fissure like I have to locate my boat, then that's already dead.

Have AT on your team and listen to him when he tells you what to do lol.

Edit:
Madden 25 will give you the ability to change player positions. Doesn't look like it's locked down like it was this year.

so we can now change our offensive linemen without having them lose 200 pounds!?

Thanks for the links, AT.

I will play around with some bots at first. I need to go grab a mic/headset before i start playing with madden bros

do we have enough to get a all madden gaf game going yet?

we can be fellow n00b bros

shake and bake!

shake-and-bake2.jpg

Who's that big fat ugly fucker with the hook/blade on chains? He looks fun to play!

edit--

AGAIN! That shit looks fun

ediiiit---

ferneh noooooo

Mrbob

Damn it my Crucial M4 SSD died tonight. Under a year old gonna have to send it in. Now I am on my older 1.5GB mechanical drive feels bad.

I might toss this Crucial in the trash and order a Samsung model.

eznark

Banned
What should my priorities be when building Warlock? Guy is crazy squishy early and also insanely slow, but getting boots early seems like it's not very supportive.

Top Bottom