• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

also, if you ever log back into the league on the xbox, the first "news" item says Full-On Domination for the niners vs. eagles game and has a picture of patrick willis as a drop back passer ready to throw the ball!

damn i got patriot'd :(

gg LJ. feel like i lost the game early with that pick 6. on that 4th down play late i was looking for stevie johnsons side because i know you like to throw those routes but i wasn't fast enough to switch to whitner. plus i should've just kept running the ball.

oh and mario williams raped me over and over. i even left VD in to block a few times and it doesn't matter! the real bills would be lucky to have that type of player!

LJ11

damn i got patriot'd :(

gg LJ. feel like i lost the game early with that pick 6. on that 4th down play late i was looking for stevie johnsons side because i know you like to throw those routes but i wasn't fast enough to switch to whitner. plus i should've just kept running the ball.

oh and mario williams raped me over and over. i even left VD in to block a few times and it doesn't matter! the real bills would be lucky to have that type of player!

That pick six was huge, you rushed the throw, figured you were going there and I had Byrd drop shallow.

You had a dropped int late, should have led the ball inside, would have been a TD but I froze up when reading the DB, so I just threw deep.

Almost choked it away, the no huddle was killing but I didnt want to burn timeouts.

Edit: Thanks to Wellie for giving me the drop on my TE, dude was the difference late. Just nailed a throw and he ran away from everyone. Also thanks to DCX, practiced with me a lot this year, worked on our O, and I came up with a good zone D early because of those sessions, though Sanjuro fucking shredded it at times!

That pick six was huge, you rushed the throw, figured you were going there and I had Byrd drop shallow.

You had a dropped int late, should have led the ball inside, would have been a TD but I froze open when reading the DB, so I just threw deep.

Almost choked it away, the no huddle was killing but I didnt want to burn timeouts.

you figured i was going to delaine walker on the weak side!? maybe i should've thrown to VD, you would've never expected it!

as for the no huddle, i only run it if i'm down and need to conserve time. the dropped pick and non-fumble recovery didn't really matter in the end because i did regain the lead.

you had a dropped pick earlier too. the play right after i hit garcon deep on the dive i should've had newson for another big gainer but kap didn't lead him out for some reason. i'm not sure what dictates that the QB throws deeper so the WR can run under it but sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. makes throwing deep a total crap shoot! i had crabtree opened deep later after you went for the VD out with your safety and kap overthrew him by 5 yards.

there should be a lead button or something like if you hold L2 and throw the ball the QB will throw it further as opposed to a precise route that needs to be on the money

LJ11

you figured i was going to delaine walker on the weak side!? maybe i should've thrown to VD, you would've never expected it!

as for the no huddle, i only run it if i'm down and need to conserve time. the dropped pick and non-fumble recovery didn't really matter in the end because i did regain the lead.

you had a dropped pick earlier too. the play right after i hit garcon deep on the dive i should've had newson for another big gainer but kap didn't lead him out for some reason. i'm not sure what dictates that the QB throws deeper so the WR can run under it but sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. makes throwing deep a total crap shoot! i had crabtree opened deep later after you went for the VD out with your safety and kap overthrew him by 5 yards.

there should be a lead button or something like if you hold L2 and throw the ball the QB will throw it further as opposed to a precise route that needs to be on the money

Yeah, I had Byrd drop into the flat, and tried to contain VD with my other safety. I basically was willing to give you everything over the top, if you hit it fine, but VD was not beating me even though he had grabs.

It's just hard to throw fades unless it's off coverage, then you can toast the DBs either by leading it or throwing it as far as you can to your fastest receiver.

DCX

DCX

You had a dropped int late, should have led the ball inside, would have been a TD but I froze up when reading the DB, so I just threw deep.

Edit: Thanks to Wellie for giving me the drop on my TE, dude was the difference late. Just nailed a throw and he ran away from everyone. Also thanks to DCX, practiced with me a lot this year, worked on our O, and I came up with a good zone D early because of those sessions, though Sanjuro fucking shredded it at times!

Dude, it was an honor to have you mentor me. We really did hit the practice field and learned alot about the game and got to get to know you better.

Year 1 i threw 60+ ints couldn't solve a 2 man under and couldn't run the ball for shit. I ended up 6-10.

Year 2 i finished with half the ints and a division title @ 10-6 even winning a playoff game.

Year 3 proved to be tough due to the schedule but even then i felt i know why and how i lost. 8-8

Year 4 i finished with a career tying 12-4 and a playoff berth. I threw less than 20 ints and finished second in rushing.

Congrats on the title!! See you in 25 for our lab sessions.

DCX

Zep

Banned
CONGRATS Fuck you LJ...wheres my thanks?!

Pretty sure my PM last night got you over the hump.

Only a select few know what its like to beat FMT in a championship game.

CONGRATS Fuck you LJ...wheres my thanks?!

Pretty sure my PM last night got you over the hump.

Only a select few know what its like to beat FMT in a championship game.

only a select couple! rors and LJ! i'll be back you sons of bitches. pray to christ that i dont get the niners again next year cause it's going to be an even MORE auto team!

DCX

DCX
Yall play together and bullshit about game tactics over a mic or something?

It started out with him helping becoming a decent passer. Learning the routes, the combos..basically QB 101 along with Madden 101. Reading defenses and knowing what the check down was and what the man and zone beaters were.

He is like Madden Gruden. Luke is also genius in hearing them break down plays and what you should be looking at.

We would party chat and just go over plays, found a book that played to the strengths of my roster and my vision and we went to work. It was more to help me get better but i found him discovering things and testing things out himself based on matchups he had ( the zone scheme he developed playing me )

It was fun. We rarely scrimmaged against each other. Maybe once towards the "end" of camp lol The regular season game was the first time we played since the mentoring and it was hard not only because he is elite but because he basically taught me everything i know lol

DCX

BigAT

Catan is on sale for 320 points, I think you guys should get that, one of the best board games

Just bought this, we should play some time. Never played Catan before, but I've heard more than enough good things about it to want to learn it.

eznark

Banned
I own it. Will definitely play. I also bought TTR on PC which makes it the fifth platform I own it on...Definitely willing to play!

LJ11

Thanks for the kind words, and I'm always willing to help anyone! DCX just took me up on it.

if it makes you feel better, LJ got some big plays out of the twins formation in your honor

I still don't understand why guys don't squat down with the Safety to protect against the TE.

Only reason I used I-Form pro twins was because the run audible is power o. So I could call a counter or a dive at the playcall and audible at the line. Wish I could set audibles myself without having to pause the game, gladly would have ran the same stuff without twins!

Got some good runs on cutbacks with CJ out of 3 wide, but I tried to disguise me run game as much as I could. See the camera in this game tips run plays, and you love to blast guys with the MLB when the guard/center go for the double.

Well here's a thing I learned the more I played. If you call a PA Pass at the playcall screen and then audible to a run, the camera no longer tips the run. ;)

You were bailing to cover on a few run plays because the camera never tipped my run. This is why I went to I form twins at times, just gave me better run audibles.

Thanks for the kind words, and I'm always willing to help anyone! DCX just took me up on it.

I still don't understand why guys don't squat down with the Safety to protect against the TE.

Only reason I used I-Form pro twins was because the run audible is power o. So I could call a counter or a dive at the playcall and audible at the line. Wish I could set audibles myself without having to pause the game, gladly would have ran the same stuff without twins!

Got some good runs on cutbacks with CJ out of 3 wide, but I tried to disguise me run game as much as I could. See the camera in this game tips run plays, and you love to blast guys with the MLB when the guard/center go for the double.

Well here's a thing I learned the more I played. If you call a PA Pass at the playcall screen and then audible to a run, the camera no longer tips the run. ;)

You were bailing to cover on a few run plays because the camera never tipped my run. This is why I went to I form twins at times, just gave me better run audibles.

wasn't calling it cheesy! i didn't care when ramirez ran it last year either! as for tipping the run or not tipping it, i didn't notice either way. as i've said so many times, i sit back and let pwill and the gang do their work. i was guessing pass a lot so spillman did get a few good runs but nothing back breaking. that one cutback out of the 3 wide set was hilarious though

oh trust me we will play catan plenty, this is one game i don't donate victories in!

it's pretty easy to learn and once you learn the art of cockblocking it gets better

Ramirez

if it makes you feel better, LJ got some big plays out of the twins formation in your honor

LJ, my man.

jWxADYj.gif

Top Bottom