• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

eznark

Banned
So in order to disable the recording capabilities of the xbone you have to completely power down the system...which will also, I assume, render it useless as a pass through device. Amazing!

Sokantish

They said there will be privacy options which I would assume means that it would disable that stuff. I don't think the privacy options they were talking about was shutting the Xbox off, but who knows!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m
Raiders HC Dennis Allen said 1st-rd pick DJ Hayden has been hospitalized with an abdominal injury. Disconcerting.

Sorry soka

McNei1y

I wont be around for DOTA tonight. I'm going to the Nationals/Orioles game! I want to get some games in tomorrow though for sure.

Mrbob

I still need to see Fast 6. Looks awesome.

I heard there is a
Statham cameo
which means I need to see it.

So in order to disable the recording capabilities of the xbone you have to completely power down the system...which will also, I assume, render it useless as a pass through device. Amazing!

Pull the plug from the wall socket. What a great solution by MS.

finally got off a well timed epicenter --> blink --> burrow strike. The other two times I blinked too early :(

instant death.

If i get an agahnim's scepter that shit is a wrap

Also figured out I can burrow strike then epi right away while they are stunned in the early game. Timing is kinda strict but its crazy effective.

CB3

Why is that spoilered?

Oh my God Call of Juarez has the best sounding guns ever.

I bought it last night with some of the 66% off MS points. Fun game so far. Im a sucker for any game that can do western revolvers well.

CB3

Also amazon has 12 month XBL gold cards for 47 bucks plus free 800 MS points. I think those pop up cheaper here and there but for those that took advantage of the extra $20 trade in bonus, it ends up working out pretty well.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled DOTA and/or shameless Bob product plugs.

Also amazon has 12 month XBL gold cards for 47 bucks plus free 800 MS points. I think those pop up cheaper here and there but for those that took advantage of the extra $20 trade in bonus, it ends up working out pretty well.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled DOTA and/or shameless Bob product plugs.

good deal but i'm signed up for XBL through 2014, and i'll probably never subscribe to XBL again after that unless MS changes course or the games rock my fucking socks off!

pc + ps4 + wiiU future!

Mrbob

You know what really sucks?

I forgot to activate my 12 month card and got charged $59.99 for Xbox Live on Monday. This wouldn't be a problem if I could remove my credit information easily from Live.

I'll now have Live through May 2015. At least this should be good for two more 360 Madden releases. I anticipate a next gen Madden schism occurring summer 2014, which means 360 will have to be the league by default.

CB3

I forgot to activate my 12 month card and got charge $59.99 for Xbox Live on Monday. This wouldn't be a problem if I could remove my credit information easily from Live.

I'll now have Live through May 2015. At least this should be good for two more 360 Madden seasons.

That happened to me before. i ended up inputting the card a day later or something then going into a chat session with MS online and the guy removed the charge when i told him my credit card was stolen or something. It was surprisingly way easier than i had expected it to be.

Ferny

I forgot to activate my 12 month card and got charged $59.99 for Xbox Live on Monday. This wouldn't be a problem if I could remove my credit information easily from Live.

I'll now have Live through May 2015. At least this should be good for two more 360 Madden releases. I anticipate a next gen Madden schism occurring summer 2014, which means 360 will have to be the league by default.

Uhh you could easily do this on xbox.com I have done it before multiple times.

Colasante

I assumed you were going to commish the PS4 league.

oh shit i need t set that up. What else do you have in your autoexec.cfg?

hmm, I don't think it worked

con_enable 1 //enables console

alias "range" "range1"
alias "range1" "dota_range_display 1200;alias range range2"
alias "range2" "dota_range_display 0;alias range range1"

bind kp_5 "range"

dota_embers 0 //turn off background embers
cl_forcepreload 1
sv_forcepreload 1

That's it for now. I'm sure ill add stuff as I learn more about the game.

It wont turn on by default. Hit '5' on your keypad to toggle it on off

If you add what I have below, you'll get a nice net graph at the top of your screen that gives you information like ping and fps, etc.

net_graph "1"
net_graphheight "840" // Changes height, how high on the screen it is.
net_graphinsetbottom "130" // Adds additional margin which is added to the height. You could also set this to 0 and increase the height.
net_graphinsetleft "80" // Adds margin to the left
net_graphinsetright "0"
net_graphinsettop "0"
net_graphproportionalfont "0"

BigAT

Some other stuff I have in mine, fairly minor for the most part.

dota_disable_range_finder 0
dota_minimap_hero_size 700 //makes icons on minimap slightly bigger, 600 is default I think
dota_force_right_click_attack 1 //let's you deny creeps just by right clicking on them
dota_minimap_misclick_time "0.2" //time to ignore clicks on the minimap, so you don't accidentally change directions when you're running to the bottom left
dota_minimap_ping_duration ”4" //makes map pings last slightly longer

Thanks for the XP Ring config, AT

That shit helps so much

Yeah, I don't know why it's not more widely spread, it's incredibly useful. 1200 units is also the range on blink dagger, so it helps with that too.

TheCrow

dota_minimap_hero_size 700 //makes icons on minimap slightly bigger, 600 is default I think
dota_force_right_click_attack 1 //let's you deny creeps just by right clicking on them
dota_minimap_misclick_time "0.2" //time to ignore clicks on the minimap, so you don't accidentally change directions when you're running to the bottom left

I absolutely hate it when that happens. Thanks!

McNei1y

con_enable 1 //enables console

alias "range" "range1"
alias "range1" "dota_range_display 1200;alias range range2"
alias "range2" "dota_range_display 0;alias range range1"

bind kp_5 "range"

dota_embers 0 //turn off background embers
cl_forcepreload 1
sv_forcepreload 1

That's it for now. I'm sure ill add stuff as I learn more about the game.

It wont turn on by default. Hit '5' on your keypad to toggle it on off

If you add what I have below, you'll get a nice net graph at the top of your screen that gives you information like ping and fps, etc.

net_graph "1"
net_graphheight "840" // Changes height, how high on the screen it is.
net_graphinsetbottom "130" // Adds additional margin which is added to the height. You could also set this to 0 and increase the height.
net_graphinsetleft "80" // Adds margin to the left
net_graphinsetright "0"
net_graphinsettop "0"
net_graphproportionalfont "0"

Yeah, I don't know why it's not more widely spread, it's incredibly useful. 1200 units is also the range on blink dagger, so it helps with that too.

How do I use these

eznark

Banned
I added one that show whether or not the spell you are attempting to cast will land by showing dark green line which has made healing with Warlock way easier. I dominated the only match I played last night with him. Tried a different build too, saved the mek for later. I like the agility that I get from the scepter.

Top Bottom