• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

Ramirez

Bungie <3 Sony

hands.jpg

Now you don't have a choice, Ramirez.

That controller is disgusting for FPS, ugh.

So uh, what questions do I harass the Madden guys with this year at e3?

1. can we draft from the web this time?
2. can we have vision cone back?
3. can we get a detailed transaction list for cuts, trades, signings, retirees, etc?
4. can we get detailed explanations on what each attribute actually does?
5. can we get a "reset game result"?
6. is ballhawk still in the game? if so, can it be turned off?
7. can the game/yearly goals be adjusted depending on quarter length? in other words, patrick willis has a goal of 120 tackles for a season. in a league with 7 minute quarters, this is basically impossible so he never meets that goal. tons of instances like that. the requirements should be a sliding scale depending on quarter length
8. is there the option to continue vs. cpu?
9. is the player of the week determination better this year and not just based on TD returns? a guy with 1 tackle and 1 pick 6 gets player of the week over a guy with 7 sacks in madden 13
10. can man lock make a comeback so i can assign one defender to follow a receiver anywhere he goes?
11. is there a practice squad?
12. can we actually have a practice mode instead of XP only practices?
13. can we scrimmage against other players in the league?
14. can we scrimmage against other teams in the league? as in if i'm the 49ers and i want to practice against the eagles, but CB isn't around, can i practice against his CPU team.
15. is negotiating with free agents improved? like maybe a back and forth on the amounts and actual negotiating?
16. will progressions make more sense for players who have break out years? i had a 2300+ yard all purpose year with LMJ and he was still a low 70's player the next year
17. are the divisional rotations fixed? last year the nfc west played (in order of season): 1. afc east/nfc north, 2. afc north/nfc east, 3. afc east/nfc north 4. afc south/nfc south. it's like the game didn't "see" the first season and just started from scratch. i was denied my destiny against the AFC west!
18. is stat tracking ever going to improve? i want to see where a RB gets his yards (left, right, middle), where a qb gets his yards, defensive points allowed is not tracked properly (it just counts any points the other team scored, but me throwing a pick 6 shouldn't count against my defense nor should a KR/PR)
19. is kicking being adjusted? it's too easy. the only alternative is turning kicking meter down so the only possibility for a miss is missing it short because your kicker doesn't have a strong enough leg. as it stands now, the only reason you would miss is because of a lag spike or you read the wind meter wrong (and it is wrong in the game)
20. is the wind meter fixed to show the correct direction?
21. is the deep ball improved? can you actually throw deep over the top in tight coverage without the ball being picked off?
22. will there be more frequent injuries to offensive players? specifically, offensive lineman and QB's?
23. custom playbooks and/or create a play in CCM?
24. draft history section so we can see players drafted in every round of previous drafts we had?
25. maybe a league vote section for trade approvals or player of the year or pro bowl voting or player of the week voting?
26. ARE REPLAYS BACK IN CCM SO WE CAN SAVE AND AUTOMATICALLY UPLOAD FOR EVERYONE TO SEE THE BULLSHIT PLAYS?
27. can we have temporary subs that don't erase a coaches history? for instance, if i'm out of town but a human player volunteers to play my game for me, can he sub just for that one game without me being booted from the league and thus losing my career record?
28. will the website be less cluttered and actually allow me to do team related items i need to do? pick up FA's, drop players, trades, ratings, etc.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I'm gonna end up downloading animal crossing on the eshop. Saving 5 bucks isn't worth the drive to the depressing ass Kmart

Rorschach

I noticed the not clearing issues too. Ans my hockey experience only goes as far as ice hockey on the NES and NHL 13

It's fine if you're able to move the puck past center ice, but if you just keep getting mauled on the way out, give yourself some fucking breathing room. Like the Hawks did when shit got too hot.

eznark

Banned
I'm gonna end up downloading animal crossing on the eshop. Saving 5 bucks isn't worth the drive to the depressing ass Kmart

There was a 0% chance of me walking into a store and asking for Animal Crossing.

It's almost done downloading!

CB3

There was a 0% chance of me walking into a store and asking for Animal Crossing.

It's almost done downloading!

The game runs on real time so you won't be able to do a ton tonight. Most of the shops will be closed.

CB3

I think I may have made a huge mistake...

This is generally the time that I play video games.

Jeff mentioned something about being able to push back the times the shops close after you do some things. You'll probably be fine

CB3

3437-3059-9247

I'll need your friend code nightz.
Ez I have your code on my system but I don't think you have mine.

CB3

I have a neighbor named camofrog. He is a frog with a camo pattern. Right away, he is my favorite.

explain what you "do" in animal cross. so i turn the game on, i go to the game, i go to start game and then what happens? i just walk around talking to people? are there mini-games to play?

CB3

explain what you "do" in animal cross. so i turn the game on, i go to the game, i go to start game and then what happens? i just walk around talking to people? are there mini-games to play?

You find items and buy shit and decorate your house and fish and fruits and stuff. Its a tough game to explain. Its got all the Nintendo style charm you'd expect. And its a game I think works really well on a handheld as opposed to console

Rorschach

That is the game. You also do chores like fish and pick shit from trees. Later on you get to dress up your doll and decorate her house.

TheCrow

YES! Lobo is back from my original gamecube town. Plus I got Antonio the anteater who loves working out. My town is off to a great start.

2q58BUx.png

eznark

Banned
You guys that live in LA and aren't baseball fans need to do yourself a favor and go to a game this year just to say you saw Puig in person.

I haven't really done anything yet in AC but ill try to figure out how to add friend codes this morning.

Also, if any has never played Oracle of Ages/Seasons before, hop on that $5 deal for the 3DS virtual console. Those greats are great and worth a play for sure

DMczaf

Does anyone else see the hypocrisy in people hating EA for killing competition for NFL games and then saying EA (or anyone else for that matter) shouldn't even compete with 2K with NBA games?

It's just really weird.

Top Bottom