• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

Mrbob

I think you can keep stacking as much as you want. I stacked a couple years of plus like 6 months ago on a deal. I'll probably fresh a couple more years at 40 bucks.

Colasante

I think you can keep stacking as much as you want. I stacked a couple years of plus like 6 months ago on a deal. I'll probably fresh a couple more years at 40 bucks.

Would it be possible for me to buy the code/card for PS Plus now and wait until the PS4 to activate it? I have no clue how PS Plus works.

Also, that Nintendo Direct was rough. I'm starting to agree with the crazies who think Nintendo should just go third party at this point.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Wonderful 101
Mario Kart
3D World
X

Were pretty sweet... rest was meh (even ssb)

Get right the fuck out. Smash and Mario were the only things worth a damn in that thing.

That hot ass Mega man 2 remix music.

You just didn't like it because of the animal crossing villager

eznark

Banned
I was disappointed with Mario, personally. I was hoping for something new, not the same palettes and level designs.

Smash looked cool but I've never been into those games.

Mrbob

Hmm, hope Gamestop isn't taking too many PS4 pre orders on purpose. Reading some interesting things. How stores how only could take 6 PS3 pre orders at launch are allowed to take 62 pre orders for PS4.

Also, seems like Gamestop can take many more PS4 pre orders than Xbone. Read another store is taking up to 40 PS4 pre orders while only 8 Xbone. Guess the hardware problems for Xbone might be confirmed.

Flood the market with systems this holiday, Sony.

Would it be possible for me to buy the code/card for PS Plus now and wait until the PS4 to activate it? I have no clue how PS Plus works.

I wouldn't see why not. It's a scratch off card with a code you type in.

I was disappointed with Mario, personally. I was hoping for something new, not the same palettes and level designs.

Smash looked cool but I've never been into those games.

Yeah, I can see how people would be disappointed with Mario but absolutely loved the 3D Mario Land on DS. Hopefully the scale/scope of the levels are much bigger and dont forget 4 player 3D Mario. That is worth the price of admission alone!

cosign on Smash. Premise is awesome but the games aren't that fun :/

Product Alert
The standard version of the PlayStation 4 is identical to the Launch Edition. Due to high demand, we cannot guarantee Release-Date Delivery on the standard version of the PlayStation 4. We will deliver the standard version of PlayStation 4 as close to its release date as possible.

Being as we got our orders and confirmation emails before this message went up, I am going to assume Amazon won't fuck us! We all ordered last night before they split into two different versions (Launch and Standard) so we should be good hopefully...

Over/Under on how many of us end up getting fucked by Amazon?

edit---

Looks like we are locked in for the 'Launch Edition'!!

When i select between the two versions, the standard one shows nothing at the top, but when i select the launch version i get the good ole "Instant Order Update for Jason D. You purchased this item on June 10, 2013. View this order." at the top.

WOOOO!

Mrbob

I can't believe the current MS talking point about not requiring an always online console is to buy a 360. First I heard Mattrick say it today then I read this from Phil Spencer:

I asked if those that have absolutely no access to internet are completely out of luck. It seems they are.

Spencer explained: "I mean the analogy, and I don't know if it's a great analogy… let's say I live in an area that doesn't have cell service. I wouldn't go buy a cell phone. Now, I might roam in different areas where my cellphone becomes active."

He continued: "The 360 ecosystem is a great ecosystem for somebody that's in a purely disconnected state for long periods of time. We have built a natively connected device with Xbox One and we think the experiences are moving in that direction."

http://www.destructoid.com/ms-on-xbox-one-we-have-built-a-natively-connected-device-255988.phtml

Interesting strategy to take. Also, polygon must have received a MS cash infusion today considering their PS4 DRM scaremongering tactic.

Edit: Shake, if we have launch editions we are probably OK. Sony had to have given Amazon a number of systems they know they can get to them for launch.

Ferny

Amazon was great last console launch. I wouldn't worry about it.

Wait, whats the launch edition? I know MS has some special controller thing but does PS4 have something too?

Edit: Nevermind
The standard version of the PlayStation 4 is identical to the Launch Edition. Due to high demand, we cannot guarantee Release-Date Delivery on the standard version of the PlayStation 4. We will deliver the standard version of PlayStation 4 as close to its release date as possible.

The hell, there's a launch edition?

I should have just ordered this morning. Guaranteed release date delivery not there anymore :(

Mrbob

I think the only thing launch edition means is Sony telling Amazon "We guarantee we'll get you X amount of systems for launch. We can't guarantee any more."

Amazon was great last console launch. I wouldn't worry about it.

Wait, whats the launch edition? I know MS has some special controller thing but does PS4 have something too?

Edit: Nevermind

The hell, there's a launch edition?

I should have just ordered this morning. Guaranteed release date delivery not there anymore :(

Amazon split it into two versions. Its the same exact system. One is guaranteed for launch day delivery and the other isn't. They are no longer taking pre-orders for the 'launch edition'. You can pre-order the standard version but they have a note at the bottom about how they will not guarantee release day delivery anymore.

Ferny

I preordered both of the consoles right as they became available so I know I'm ok on that. I'll decide if I want both from the get go or if i'm just sticking with the PS4 only.

BigAT

Funny that after all the complaining about Mega Man not showing up in MvC3 or the Ultimate Cash Grab Edition, he shows up in Smash.

I'm definitely still a sucker for Smash Bros. though. That trailer got me pumped even though I'm sure the game is still extremely far off.

CB3

Funny that after all the complaining about Mega Man not showing up in MvC3 or the Ultimate Cash Grab Edition, he shows up in Smash.

I'm definitely still a sucker for Smash Bros. though. That trailer got me pumped even though I'm sure the game is still extremely far off.

I though it was far off too at first, but the developer interview seemed to show more than was in the trailer. It might be sooner in 2014 than i expected.

Nintendo knows how to handle badly treated 3rd party characters. At the time, Sonic in Brawl was the best sonic had looked and controlled since the genesis days.

CB3

Every bit of Sony news is amazing. I feel like Bob I am so excited.

More than that, how MS is (seemingly) digging their feet in the ground on their bullshit is equally entertaining.

Buy hey, you can download halo 3 for free next month!

Ferny

WUT?!?

thought you had an xboner

Dude i've been on Bob for months now about his Sony fanboyisms, just messing around. I would be dumb to not go where it seems smartest. PS4 is that right now. If MS goes back on all the DRM stuff and always on stuff, then i'll go there. I don't really think it would affect me much but still would go to PS4 because that's the system that will have the most people so that's the ones third party publishers will go to for the numbers.

I had both consoles last gen, most likely getting both this gen.

Dude i've been on Bob for months now about his Sony fanboyisms, just messing around. I would be dumb to not go where it seems smartest. PS4 is that right now. If MS goes back on all the DRM stuff and always on stuff, then i'll go there. I don't really think it would affect me much but still would go to PS4 because that's the system that will have the most people so that's the ones third party publishers will go to for the numbers.

I had both consoles last gen, most likely getting both this gen.

Gotcha.

I will end up with both only if MS rescinds this DRM nonsense. It wouldn't affect me but it's an issue that matters to me. Points of pride make you do silly things!

Mrbob

You gotta take Francis for what he is, a joke character. He is brilliant.

But Boogie's separate real talk about PS4 is great too.

MS has some work to do to get me. But if they drop this DRM garbage it will be one step closer to me buying the system. Get the price down 100 dollars alongside pushing aside the DRM and I'll get it.

However, with MS doubling down on a connected console experience I do not think this is going to happen.

Ferny

I mean Boogie is great at playing him, but I just don't find it funny or entertaining anymore. I would much rather him talk about stuff seriously.

Somnia

You can't ferny, but PS+ covers every account on your system, so if you change your name you'll have to re-send friend invites, but that's it.

edit: Oh and start over on trophies.

What exactly would a Xbox One provide you that a PS4 does doesn't, if you don't care about exclusives?

I think I'm probably just getting a PS4/league system

Somnia

BTW Jack Tretton cleared up his comments regarding 3rd party allowed to do DRM on gametrailers earlier:

"Any game that is made for PS4 that is physical goods, whether first-party or third-party, can go into aPS4and play regardless of where it came from. The first player will play it, no problem, the second player will play it, no problem.What I was referring to was the online proposition."

"The easiest way to explain it is — if you understand how it works on PlayStation 3, then that’s the same wayit will work on PlayStation 4. No changes there."

Colasante

Did anyone here go to E3 today? I played some PS4 there. The controller is much better than the DualShock 3. Knack looked gorgeous to me and seemed super fun; if that's a launch game that might be the game to get.

The Xbox One didn't look as bad as everyone made it out. It looks really similar to the PS4, aside from the PS4's weird tilt. None of the games for it looked very good there, aside from the usual Forza prettiness.

Top Bottom