• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

eznark

Banned
Did anyone here go to E3 today? I played some PS4 there. The controller is much better than the DualShock 3. Knack looked gorgeous to me and seemed super fun; if that's a launch game that might be the game to get.

The Xbox One didn't look as bad as everyone made it out. It looks really similar to the PS4, aside from the PS4's weird tilt. None of the games for it looked very good there, aside from the usual Forza prettiness.

Yes!!

Did anyone here go to E3 today? I played some PS4 there. The controller is much better than the DualShock 3. Knack looked gorgeous to me and seemed super fun; if that's a launch game that might be the game to get.

The Xbox One didn't look as bad as everyone made it out. It looks really similar to the PS4, aside from the PS4's weird tilt. None of the games for it looked very good there, aside from the usual Forza prettiness.

So far knack is my only for sure day 1 game. Sony confirmed it as a launch title

Splat

I'm there tomorrow/thurs, I didn't know you were going?

BigAT

It took me six long, long attempts to successfully download and install Space Marine at 6 gigs. I can only imagine the potential trouble of trying to do something that is 40.

Smokey

Can you expand on this at all? I really don't like the dual shock. What felt better besides the triggers?

Got the "Launch Edition" PS4 covered on Amazon, and went to GS and got it preordered there too. XB1 and two PS4s taken care of. May hold onto that 2nd PS4 to flip on some mother who wants Peter to have a PS4 for Christmas!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Eznark your town is a trap. I'm getting stuck in buildings!

I did. I grabbed 3. Left the rest for others

Nightz

Alright it's open. Don't have any fruits at the moment, but I can hook you up with apples and cherries when they grow back.

Colasante

I'm there tomorrow/thurs, I didn't know you were going?

Yeah, it was just a last minute thing helping on a film shoot in the convention center, and I was able to play some games afterwards though I didn't feel like waiting in any of the lines for the big ones. I'm going to try to head over tomorrow and Thursday after work and see what I missed, if I'm able.

Can you expand on this at all? I really don't like the dual shock. What felt better besides the triggers?

It felt a little bigger and a little heavier, which made it a lot less cumbersome to hold. The triggers were a lot nicer and the new analog sticks were better, though I never had a huge issue with the DS3's. My only complaint was that it was a little inconvenient to press the Share and Options buttons on the top, but that's not a real issue, just a minor quibble.

Nightz

Good news: hitting the wireless switch worked. Bad news: I lost all the progress I made while you guys were in my town.

McNei1y

I went to the Of Monsters And Men concert tonight and I have to say, they killed it. Plus, Nanna is smoking hot. She jumped off the stage and ran up the side of the pavillion. she gave me a high five. I am excite.

damn i'm sorry nightz/cb :(

i had to install some new smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detector as the appraiser is coming to my house tomorrow. this house selling is tearing me apart!

Mrbob

I'm almost starting to take pity on the Xbone. Everything seems like a disaster.

1) We already know about the DRM scandel

2) Price sucks

3) Forced Kinect sucks

4) Killer Instinct is made by a garbage developer

5) Ryse looks terrible

6) Now Capabomb is saying they are chasing the CoD audience with Dead Rising 3. RIP franchise.

7) The best thing out of the MS Conference, TitanFall, also coming to PC

8) The big betrayal MS had which they thought would get people talking is an exclusive Insomniac game. Yet everyone yawned.

9) MS execs constantly fumbling words and making things worse

eznark

Banned
That Insomniac betrayal thread is brutal. Literally no one gives a fuck. It seems less like a betrayal and more like Insomniac just going to whoever will give them another chance.

Mrbob

Phil Harrison has to be feeling a sense of deja vu. First he had to spin the PS3 launch price. Now he needs to do the same with Xbone:

PhilHarrison said:
One other area where Sony won points was its pricing. At £349, the PlayStation 4 is £80 cheaper than the Xbox One's RRP of £429. It's not an insignificant amount of money, but Harrison is confident that the Xbox One will justify the extra. "We feel great about the value of Xbox One," he says. "It's a unique architecture, with Kinect and the power of the cloud. What we showed yesterday was the most incredible games lineup in any first few months of a platform launch, many of which are exclusive and all of which have advantages being on Xbox One. That's what's really going to drive value. We couldn't be happier with the price we're starting at."

Even dropped in a power of the cloud mention too.

Scene after the interview was over:

ive-made-a-huge-mistake-gob-arrested-development.gif

BigAT

Bryan Wiedey ‏@pastapadre
Least impressed by Madden 25's next-gen. Did not stand out to me as a huge leap from the 360/PS3 version I had played minutes prior.

On the plus side, he's been rather positive on what he has seen of current gen Madden.

eznark

Banned
McNeily bro you should watch the ICCup Fnatic match that just happened. (Defense Season 4, it was the second game of the series). Fucking amazing Kunkka play.

Mrbob

Damn it, EA. Madden 25 is a next gen launch title too on both platforms. Not falling for it again. I shall skip the game on PS4.

Also, I've never played Killzone before but FMT convinced me to watch the game play footage from E3. I did and the game actually looked kind of...awesome? What? We'll see if GG can finally push out a more than average shooter, but I now see a small glimmer of potential this game might be really good.

eznark

Banned
I'll probably grab it on PS4, why not? There won't be a ton of great launch games. Killzone is the worst of all the "big" console shooters Bob. It's worse than Resistance.

BigAT, are we joining that reddit league?

New CPU/mobo arriving today!
What did you get?

rinse82

Pre-ordered FIFA 14, COD Ghosts (lol), The Division, Killzone, UFC, and BF4 for $40 each

Futureshop here is doing a pre-order 3, get $20 off each promo. Good stuff.

My town members are all about you CB. Idk what you did, but they've all been talking about you.

EZ, do you still have oranges? Can I have some later? I'll give you more cherries

Top Bottom