• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
How can you guys make a game sound totally uninteresting and interesting at the same time?

Because its a slow game that seems dull but is actually awesome.

If I didn't have prior knowledge about it and someone was attempting to sell me, I'd think it was uninteresting, too.

BigAT

I can't believe the Nets hired Jason Kidd as a coach. Seems like just a marketing thing.

Well, keep in mind that this is the team that constantly tried to act like they were owned and operated by Jay-Z in order to seem cool, when in reality he owned 1/15th of one percent of the Nets. That's just 0.0006% of the team for all you non-math folks (you don't even want to know how small it is in CB units).

I feel pretty solid about the hire as a Knicks fan considering the failure rate of superstars that attempt to be head coaches. Plus the fact that he has no experience as a coach, even as an assistant. I'm sure Deron Williams will find some reason to undermine him within the first month of the season.

Well, keep in mind that this is the team that constantly tried to act like they were owned and operated by Jay-Z in order to seem cool, when in reality he owned 1/15th of one percent of the Nets. That's just 0.0006% of the team for all you non-math folks (you don't even want to know how small it is in CB units).

I feel pretty solid about the hire as a Knicks fan considering the failure rate of superstars that attempt to be head coaches. Plus the fact that he has no experience as a coach, even as an assistant. I'm sure Deron Williams will find some reason to undermine him within the first month of the season.

did jason kidd sabotage the knicks playoff run this year so he could get into that coaching vacancy quicker? we can never know

Somnia

LOL @ Respawn holy shit... on this giantbomb live show they said the PC version of Titanfall will basically be scaled back because it doesn't have the cloud like XBone... welp there goes my excitement for that game.

Mrbob

That has to be a joke, right? Pathetic.

Also, Twitch wants to bail out on MS exclusivity already:

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/12/t...med-from-any-platform/?a_dgi=aolshare_twitter

"The strategy for Twitch is twofold right now: we want to make it as easy as possible to broadcast games and we want to make it easy as possible to view games," DiPietro said. On a hardware level, Twitch will be baked into the Xbox One operating system, allowing players to stream any titles they choose with the option to include audio and video overlays from their Kinect sensor. On a software level, the company is actively pursuing developers to add the Twitch streaming functionality within the game.

DiPietro says, despite an exclusive agreement in place with Microsoft for Xbox One integration, there is nothing in its current agreement that precludes games containing the Twitch SDK to broadcast from any platform, including the PlayStation 4. Franchises that have (or will have) Twitch functionality include Activision's Call of Duty and Sega's Company of Heroes.

PlayStation 4 also includes the ability for users to stream their gameplay sessions to the web, though the company has partnered with uStream to make that feature possible.

i need to stop watching these killer instinct videos/streams. making me want to keep my xbone preorder!

i1tsiPxANDaJN.gif

its even got the burnout sparks!

eznark

Banned
LOL @ Respawn holy shit... on this giantbomb live show they said the PC version of Titanfall will basically be scaled back because it doesn't have the cloud like XBone... welp there goes my excitement for that game.

HAHAHA

Where does my sky drive stuff go??

I guess it doesn't matter what console it is, you guys will still get games to play for only a week!

Madden is the only true way.

Ps

Ez the guys working on KI are from double helix but not the same as the ones who did green lantern. They are fighting game enthusiasts who are giant SF3 fans.

You should base your opinion of a game on the game, not the pedigree of the developer!

Ez the guys working on KI are from double helix but not the same as the ones who did green lantern. They are fighting game enthusiasts who are giant SF3 fans.

You should base your opinion of a game on the game, not the pedigree of the developer!

I'm a huge fan of MvC. By your logic, I could make an awesome fighting game.

I'm a huge fan of MvC. By your logic, I could make an awesome fighting game.

Are you a game designer? The point was that after reading up on them and watching interviews I get the vibe that they are fighting game enthusiasts who are putting together a game fight fans will love, not "double helix those guys that did green lantern"

Madden is the only true way.

Ps

That should be enough for you to stay away

Mrbob

You guys are sold on a console because of a Double Helix game? Lolol
I know. Funniest thing I've read all week! Return of a franchise no one really asked for by a developer who creates nothing but garbage.

Sorry FMT, you won't convert us to the KI bandwagon.

Also, those who ordered the standard PS4 from Amazon check your email. Sounds like a bunch were upgraded to launch edition.

Somnia

I probably wont get either system till Feb/March btw. Going to wait to see how it all plays out and let any issues get fixed. Either way I will get both in time

Mrbob

Truthfact: If MS does not drop their 24 hour big brother check in on game purchases I'll never buy Xbone. Don't care what games the system has. I have plenty of other devices to play games.

Truthfact: If MS does not drop their 24 hour big brother check in on game purchases I'll never buy Xbone. Don't care what games the system has. I have plenty of other devices to play games.

I don't want to support the bone as it is and KI alone may not be enough but ill keep my options open!

And you say no one asked for KI but I did :(

Now give us KI 1/2 on xbla MS you stupid fucks! The arcade editions!

Mrbob

I'll play KI with you FMT. We can stream it via Twitch!

Fixed

Hah. Funnily enough we are raptr friends and you've never checked my profile to see how many games I own by platform. :p Number one is a landslide victory but number two may be surprising. :D

People have to be playing and have their gates open for you to visit

and you have to confirm us as friends on your 3DS by adding in our friend codes too

LukeSmith

Tom Chick TLOU

He is, nearly literally, taking her under his wing. It’s a lovely bit of animation, and an iconic image for The Last of Us: a grizzled action hero, his arm around a frightened young girl, protecting her while he ducks behind cover, encircling her. They are almost nestled together. She is the manifestation of his vulnerability. It’s one of the many examples of heart-aching expressiveness between the game’s devastating prologue and the even more devastating final four syllables.

So basically last four syllables are something like "I'm so sorry" as one character kills the other one.

Tom Chick TLOU

He is, nearly literally, taking her under his wing. It’s a lovely bit of animation, and an iconic image for The Last of Us: a grizzled action hero, his arm around a frightened young girl, protecting her while he ducks behind cover, encircling her. They are almost nestled together. She is the manifestation of his vulnerability. It’s one of the many examples of heart-aching expressiveness between the game’s devastating prologue and the even more devastating final four syllables.

So basically last four syllables are something like "I'm so sorry" as one character kills the other one.

3 stars? you're putting eznark is a tough spot!

eznark

Banned
Not really. I care about gameplay and every review I have read says the gameplay is meh.

I already know the story will be fucking shitty tripe. It's a video game.

Nightz

I got an email from Best Buy saying that the PS4 release date changed to 11/30/13. Used to be 12/31/13. It's probably another placeholder though.

Mrbob

Sony should channel their inner PS2 and go for 10/26!

Also, Planetary Annihilation early access is now on Steam. But it is $89.99? o_O

Top Bottom