• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

TheCrow

MS is still going to get boned this holiday season anyway. Will have supply issues and are 100 dollars more for an inferior console. It just won't be as bad long term.

Now that xbox doesn't have their drm I don't care who wins in terms of sales. I hope they are both successful which means more games.

I just pre-ordered one from amazon in case it ends up being in short supply and worth a lot of money. I can just cancel it before it ships if I'm not feeling confident.

Smokey

I just pre-ordered one from amazon in case it ends up being in short supply and worth a lot of money. I can just cancel it before it ships if I'm not feeling confident.

Don't underestimate rich people who will pay whatever just to get the newest item under the tree for a merry Christmas. All you need is one person!

i had xbone preordered minutes after it went up on amazon and ill probably keep the preorder but only with the intention of selling the system for a profit. it'd have to be a few hundred dollars profit though, otherwise its really not worth the time and hassle

i had xbone preordered minutes after it went up on amazon and ill probably keep the preorder but only with the intention of selling the system for a profit. it'd have to be a few hundred dollars profit though, otherwise its really not worth the time and hassle

I'm hoping I can almost pay off my PS4 with my Xbone profits.

Mrbob

Lol, you are going to keep yours for Killer Instinct 2 character edition.

BigAT

I've been very consistent.

Drop the DRM crap alongside the price by 100 bucks and I'll buy the system.

So sometime in 2014 I may be Xboned now.

Consistently obnoxious. I avoid gaming side so that I don't have to deal with childish, console warrior nonsense. Coming in here and having you post the Twitter feeds of countless Sony execs while pushing brand awareness is just annoying.

Lol, you are going to keep yours for Killer Instinct 2 character edition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGTcCMcJy0c

hook it into my veins MS! i'll pay whatever you want for the extra characters! and they sure as FUCK better have cinder, orchid, spinal, riptor and all the other ones from KI 1. i wasn't much of a fan of a lot of the "dinosaur cast" from KI2/gold (maya, tusk, kim wu... lol) but as i said i'll take what i can get!

Mrbob

Nope, Kinect is still there as of now. I don't think it is going anywhere.

Consistently obnoxious. I avoid gaming side so that I don't have to deal with childish, console warrior nonsense. Coming in here and having you post the Twitter feeds of countless Sony execs while pushing brand awareness is just annoying.

Wahh wahhhh cry some more sensitive Susan.

Ferny

I can't stand the gaming side. They cry and cry for MSoft to drop DRM and all the online checks and yet when it happens it's "Omgz microsoft dropping it, xbox 180, blah, blah, blah." Just a bunch of entitled kids over there.

eznark

Banned
I can't stand the gaming side. They cry and cry for MSoft to drop DRM and all the online checks and yet when it happens it's "Omgz microsoft dropping it, xbox 180, blah, blah, blah." Just a bunch of entitled kids over there.

Holy cow I didn't realize you we're in the games industry.

TheCrow

That's just stating a fact. MS was going in hard with their drm and how they weren't going to change policies.

Mrbob

Not to stroke my own ego, but I'm probably one of the biggest catalysts as to why MS is back tracking on their DRM stance. I will graciously accept the thanks of Xbox nation. You're welcome.

Ferny

Or, you know, maybe it's not the same people posting both things? Not like gaf is still only a few hundred posters.
For the most part, it is. You can just as easily say good work microsoft. They listened and changed policy. Does it make them look foolish? Sure. Is it better for people interested in the console this way? Yes it is. Who cares why they did it if they did it.

TheCrow

So did they officially drop DRM? Or are these just strong rumors at this point

It's done. http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

•An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

•Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.

il6Wx5NemvtlV.gif

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Seems like the new DRM change will have to be a Day 1 Patch, according to that Kotakaktau place.

Ferny

Is that shipping on your total amount shake? It doesn't look like it's taxes.

Edit: Hmm looks like the X1 has taxes but the PS4 does not?

so fucking happy I don't have to miss out on Forza

Shipping is free(prime) that is all TX tax :(

PS4 only looks lower because i had a $20 credit from the trade-in promotion they ran

Somnia

Well shit I only planned on getting one this holiday and was avoiding day 1 Xbox due to the DRM. Now I don't know which I'll get day one... Xbox has the better library day one for sure.

Top Bottom