• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

Ramirez

We lost the family library sharing though, probably the best thing either of them had showcased, lame. Peasants.

I'd rather do the league on the One too, I really don't like Sony's controller.

Mrbob

me, blue, crow, ramirez: your 2013 Neogaf Madden NFC West Division!

franco-so-good.gif

Ramirez

well you aren't allowed to play the CPU so i guess those 2 games would be simmed!

I'd just save myself sixty bucks. I still don't think anyone has ever explained the whole "you're using the rams, lolololol". Because I stat padded in computer games where Story bailed both times? Because I buffed up players who were already maxed out in pretty much every stat that mattered? Sounds logical.

Not to mention some of the insane scores Luke, CB, and DCX put up with their RBs. How is padding with a RB any different than a QB/WR? lol

Somnia

Well throw me in the maybe for madden this year for next gen I guess. Won't decide on which system im 100% getting day one till we get closer.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Not to mention some of the insane scores Luke, CB, and DCX put up with their RBs. How is padding with a RB any different than a QB/WR? lol

Im running out the clock. if the defense cant stop me, thats not my fault. You cant run out the ball through the air (in what id assume are passes that go deep)

Ramirez

Im running out the clock. if the defense cant stop me, thats not my fault. You cant run out the ball through the air (in what id assume are passes that go deep)

Most of Wallace's receptions were slants with YAC, not my fault the CPU can't stop me! I see you CB.

Also, lol@ Luke.

CB3

Most of Wallace's receptions were slants with YAC, not my fault the CPU can't stop me! I see you CB.

Also, lol@ Luke.

Thats not something you can prove. Besides, if they got so much YAC, clearly you knew what the results would be.

BigAT

I have to say I'm pretty disappointed to see gamers so excited at the announcements of what amounts to the same "benefits" we already have. It feels like one step forward, two steps back for this next generation of consoles so far. At best, it is stagnant. I feel like we should all be smarter as consumers and not be so easily manipulated.

It absolutely blew my mind when people were losing their shit during Sony's press conference during their declaration of "things are going to stay the same". And it didn't even hit that level of mediocrity, in reality things actually got worse since they moved basic multiplayer behind a paywall without providing any benefit in return. We shouldn't settle for "Well, at least it isn't as horrible as Microsoft's assfuckingly bad DRM". Have a higher standard, expect more than simply the status quo.

Ramirez

Thats not something you can prove. Besides, if they got so much YAC, clearly you knew what the results would be.

Lol, you can't prove shit either.

I punted in the RZ out of fear of what you dudes would do to me if I actually scored or kicked a FG every time I got there. Then Luke scored 70 against the CPU and no one said shit, lol.

CB3

Lol, you can't prove shit either.

I punted in the RZ out of fear of what you dudes would do to me if I actually scored or kicked a FG every time I got there. Then Luke scored 70 against the CPU and no one said shit, lol.

Some people get the benefit of the doubt based off prior actions. Some dont!

I have to say I'm pretty disappointed to see gamers so excited at the announcements of what amounts to the same "benefits" we already have. It feels like one step forward, two steps back for this next generation of consoles so far. At best, it is stagnant. I feel like we should all be smarter as consumers and not be so easily manipulated.

It absolutely blew my mind when people were losing their shit during Sony's press conference during their declaration of "things are going to stay the same". And it didn't even hit that level of mediocrity, in reality things actually got worse since they moved basic multiplayer behind a paywall without providing any benefit in return. We shouldn't settle for "Well, at least it isn't as horrible as Microsoft's assfuckingly bad DRM". Have a higher standard, expect more than simply the status quo.

you don't have to group yourself with other people who are excited about the upcoming consoles. you don't have to buy a ps4 or an xbone. and what are the 2 steps back?

videogames are a hobby and sometimes people take it too seriously. if the prior xbone system was the only available method of delivering console games i just wouldn't buy the console. i think a lot of people like consoles and don't like to deal with the hassle of PC gaming all the game. and yes, PC gaming CAN be a hassle at times. not every game, but there have been a few games i've bought at launch full price on pc that have literally been unplayable the first day and others where we had to wait for a patch for a week or two before performance was decent.

and you say sony gave us a paywall with nothing in return. do you have PS+? do you know what it is? now compare what we pay and what we get with PS+ to what we paid for and what we got at the beginning of the generation with XBL. there are also other features i love in next gen consoles like spectator mode in every game.

so i think that celebrating the status quo and celebrating the industry not taking a turn for the worse with always online/check-ins/no reselling are two different things and there is nothing wrong with being happy that console gaming isn't turning to complete bullshit

Ferny

The thing that Xbox Live did was allow you to play multiplayer games better on 360 than it did on PS3. PSN as a service is not good. I think we can safely say that. No parties, no cross game chat, patches galore. It was just not a great system. PS+ gives you free games...yay and all but if the multiplayer is not improved, why move behind a paywall? I'm not saying it won't be better, but this gen, I think that was the biggest thing.

Mrbob

Don't worry, AT. You'll be able to play Don't Starve with a controller on your Steambox soon.

Valve just won the digital future today.

Having a good idea isn't enough if your execution of said idea is shit. Microsoft's execution was complete shit. People within the company couldn't even spin shit properly cause no one had any clear idea of what the hell was going on. It all seemed incredibly half-baked.

If Microsoft offered something closer to steam and had an offline mode, then i doubt there is any real outrage. There is absolutely no reason for a device whose sole purpose is to play video games to be unable to play video games. Why is a 24 hour check in required in order for MS to push the gaming industry forward when the leader in digital distribution doesn't require anything like that?

BigAT

you don't have to group yourself with other people who are excited about the upcoming consoles. you don't have to buy a ps4 or an xbone. and what are the 2 steps back?

In Sony's case moving multiplayer behind an annual subscription, for Microsoft their ridiculous (at the time) DRM and the requirement of Kinect. Zero steps forward, one step back might be more accurate.

and you say sony gave us a paywall with nothing in return. do you have PS+? do you know what it is? now compare what we pay and what we get with PS+ to what we paid for and what we got at the beginning of the generation with XBL. there are also other features i love in next gen consoles like spectator mode in every game.

Again, I feel like "at least it's not as awful as Microsoft" is a really low bar to hold a company to and does nothing to promote actual progress.

I do have PS+ for now (I got a year or so for free through some promotion). There is definitely a lot of value there, although for me personally it feels like most of the stuff they release I have already played on something else. It's much better than Gold. But Plus already exists and provides this service. You've gained absolutely nothing as a PS+ member with this change, the service remains exactly the same for you. It is purely a net loss for Playstation owners. Feeling fulfilled because something has been restricted for some people while you gain nothing is a really petty way to act (I don't think that you are in that group, just speaking generally that some people feel this way).

The thing that Xbox Live did was allow you to play multiplayer games better on 360 than it did on PS3. PSN as a service is not good. I think we can safely say that. No parties, no cross game chat, patches galore. It was just not a great system. PS+ gives you free games...yay and all but if the multiplayer is not improved, why move behind a paywall? I'm not saying it won't be better, but this gen, I think that was the biggest thing.

and that maybe more valuable to one person over another. i personally like XBL's layout and online features more than PSN's but PS+ has provided so many full games for my ps3 and vita i would actually take PS+ as it is now for $50 per year over XBL for $50 per year right now.

that is also another side of the debate. what are you asking for with a console? what innovation are you asking for with games? you guys play DOTA 2 for hours on end and the game is a fucking mod from warcraft 3 or whatever. that game isn't particularly innovative, its just executed well for people who like those types of games. the difference between a good game and a bad game usually isn't that one game innovated and the other didn't, it's that one executed better.

BigAT

All new ideas aren't good ideas BigAT.

I'm not naive, of course they aren't. I just wish people weren't so accepting of the ones that aren't, I think it slows real progress.

Don't worry, AT. You'll be able to play Don't Starve with a controller on your Steambox soon.

Valve just won the digital future today.

Keyboard and mouse bro, I don't need a controller. Although Don't Starve would work well enough with one, as long as they figure out how to handle the inventory system intelligently.

In Sony's case moving multiplayer behind an annual subscription, for Microsoft their ridiculous (at the time) DRM and the requirement of Kinect. Zero steps forward, one step back might be more accurate.

Again, I feel like "at least it's not as awful as Microsoft" is a really low bar to hold a company to and does nothing to promote actual progress.

I do have PS+ for now (I got a year or so for free through some promotion). There is definitely a lot of value there, although for me personally it feels like most of the stuff they release I have already played on something else. It's much better than Gold. But Plus already exists and provides this service. You've gained absolutely nothing as a PS+ member with this change, the service remains exactly the same for you. It is purely a net loss for Playstation owners. Feeling fulfilled because something has been restricted for some people while you gain nothing is a really petty way to act (I don't think that you are in that group, just speaking generally that some people feel this way).

but we haven't even seen PS4's PSN yet. how do you know it will be unchanged? i'm assuming (maybe foolishly) that they are going to add more options (party invites and chats and whatever).

not only that, but PS+ spans ps3, vita and ps4. the value is tremendous and i can even remove MS and XBL from that statement and it is still a great value. this is why i love PC gaming and why i've loved sony gaming for the past couple years. the value is there for me. i was embarrassed by the rah rah celebrating at e3 because its just that is a product of MS being an absolute fucking joke with their policies. BUT while i don't think you should celebrate sony for sticking with the status quo i think on a basic level a lot of us expected maybe not IDENTICAL always on/drm/etc policies from sony but the rumors were there that they would have some kind of shit that screwed consumers. i was almost getting a collusion vibe there for a bit thinking well the console makers and publishers and whoever else are going to go all in with this shit and we're fucked. i guess relief more than celebration is what i felt. that sucks that it came down to that but it is what it is!

eznark

Banned
People are happy because games PR/enthusiasts had written off the rape as inevitable. Consumer activism was able to stop it before it happened. That is so rare that it should be celebrated.

People aren't cheering the status quo, they are cheering the fact that they don't have to squeal like a piggie.

People are happy because games PR/enthusiasts had written off the rape as inevitable. Consumer activism was able to stop it before it happened. That is so rare that it should be celebrated.

i am honestly shocked. never in a million years did i believe MS would backtrack BEFORE launch. i figured they'd let xbone's carcass rot for a year and then realize their mistake

Somnia

You guys realize its you fuckers that will decide what I buy this year....I can get the other system later but I can't skip losing in madden next gen, I blame peer pressure.

You guys realize its you fuckers that will decide what I buy this year....I can get the other system later but I can't skip losing in madden next gen, I blame peer pressure.

i can say with 100% certainty that i am getting a ps4 this fall. i don't know about xbox.... i'd say maybe a 50% chance if they removed kinect and got the price down to $399. if they keep it at $499 there is a 10% chance.... and that 10% all depends on my personal GOTY killer instinct! if MS gives us the killer instinct we want... nay, DESERVE, then i don't think i can resist the sweet siren song of the bone this year

Top Bottom