• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

Mrbob

Me too. I need me beauty sleep.

Hook me up with some pears.

I'm growing some right now. I can get you pears in a day or two.

Also, I'm glad we are switching to PS4 next gen for Madden. I'd hate to be stuck with the inferior controller for league games.

https://twitter.com/Demize99/status/349627231011741697

@Demize99
The PS4 controller is my preference for Gen4. You'll love it too.

@HelloAndy ‏
PS4 controller > Xbox 360 > Xbone > PS3

Alan Kertz ‏@Demize99 1h
@TheRealEdwin [DS4 has] better shape, size, features, texture, triggers, sticks. Everything.

Alan Kertz ‏@Demize99 59m
@oldmario The PS3 DS3 had shit triggers. After PS4 people will say "why the fuck did we use R1 and L1?"

Smokey, Ramirez, where you at? Your boys at MS can't even win the next gen controller battle. The last stronghold has fallen.

eznark

Banned
Does it have a cooldown or something? Because when I got the Agh's my second golem was able to survive. The ulti still ended up being super useful for stuns and for tower dives though. It was a nutso match. I thought it was great but them of course wet blanket Luke tells me how bad everyone involved is.

lolo, Microsoft has confirmed the headset will not be included with the xbone. This is the Springtime for Hitler console.

McNei1y

I'm really trying to play DOTA around 10ish! Starting a game at 12am EST is too late for me. Let me know if anyone wants to tag along for games around that time!

TheCrow

I'm really trying to play DOTA around 10ish! Starting a game at 12am EST is too late for me. Let me know if anyone wants to tag along for games around that time!

Early dota is best dota. Even though I'll still end up staying up to play more. I have a problem. :/

McNei1y

Early dota is best dota. Even though I'll still end up staying up to play more. I have a problem. :/

That's how I am. I usually want to continue playing more but then the last game always lasts an hour somehow and then I find myself going to sleep at 1:30.

Which reminds me, I got yet another temp job where I will be a long term substitute for a teacher on maternity leave. I'm afraid how that is going to conflict with my NHL playing time.

eznark

Banned
Was the MLB game time last night a fluke?

If by fluke you mean "start at the same time I always start playing games" then yeah, total fluke.

My first message to you was at 9:36. We started at like 10.

BUT, with one v. one games I can sometimes start early because if my wife needs help I can pause the game. Can't really do that as well in Dota.

BigAT

Does it have a cooldown or something? Because when I got the Agh's my second golem was able to survive. The ulti still ended up being super useful for stuns and for tower dives though. It was a nutso match. I thought it was great but them of course wet blanket Luke tells me how bad everyone involved is.

There is a cooldown, plus the item has a limited number of charges so it's possible he ran out.

McNei1y

I need to remember to keep checking the opposing team's items. AT noticed that one of the other players had a rapier. That is pretty good information to have.

Ferny

I need to remember to keep checking the opposing team's items. AT noticed that one of the other players had a rapier. That is pretty good information to have.

It's a great thing to do when invis because you can stay away from the hero with dust/gem and all that.

Me too. I need me beauty sleep.

I'm growing some right now. I can get you pears in a day or two.

Also, I'm glad we are switching to PS4 next gen for Madden. I'd hate to be stuck with the inferior controller for league games.

https://twitter.com/Demize99/status/349627231011741697

@Demize99
The PS4 controller is my preference for Gen4. You'll love it too.

@HelloAndy ‏
PS4 controller > Xbox 360 > Xbone > PS3

Alan Kertz ‏@Demize99 1h
@TheRealEdwin [DS4 has] better shape, size, features, texture, triggers, sticks. Everything.

Alan Kertz ‏@Demize99 59m
@oldmario The PS3 DS3 had shit triggers. After PS4 people will say "why the fuck did we use R1 and L1?"

Smokey, Ramirez, where you at? Your boys at MS can't even win the next gen controller battle. The last stronghold has fallen.

Who the fuck is Alan kertz

LukeSmith

lolo, Microsoft has confirmed the headset will not be included with the xbone. This is the Springtime for Hitler console.

This really disappoints me. Microsoft is making some weird decisions

Not because our league used headsets, but I used it with other games and I used my Xbox headset when I was playing PSN games online with friends.

but the thing is its cheaper than ps4 and ps4 isn't including a headset

Mrbob

I'm pretty sure the ps4 does include a headset.

It does.

W6DjEor.jpg

I'm expecting my PS3 bluetooth headset to work on PS4.

BigAT

I was always surprised at how many of you A) had Kinects and B) left them on during our games. Although I have to say it was pretty satisfying to hear someone curse up a storm after I would score a touchdown.

I was always surprised at how many of you A) had Kinects and B) left them on during our games. Although I have to say it was pretty satisfying to hear someone curse up a storm after I would score a touchdown.

i have heard some wild stuff playing psasbr on psvita since the mic is always on. maybe kinect is better for the league!

Official Neogaf Madden '25 Franchise Thread: Better with Kinect

Is that an insult or a compliment? I love Battlefield but if it sucked my dick I would love it way more.

Similar to if I said something sucks shit you would buy a dozen.

you country folk and your child like understanding/innocence... it is adorable!

p.s.

did you end up getting project x zone? it is pretty fun but lol every female character has gigantic bouncing tits and wears ass high miniskirts. shameful

I remember in the ncaa league, mik always had his kinect mic on, and I'd always hear him and his wife talk about their daughter. I'd use those moments to play action or catch him off guard and score a quick touchdown.

eznark

Banned
I was waiting on you to tell me if it was good or not. Is the gameplay interesting at all? Is it strategically challenging?

TheCrow

you country folk and your child like understanding/innocence... it is adorable!

p.s.

did you end up getting project x zone? it is pretty fun but lol every female character has gigantic bouncing tits and wears ass high miniskirts. shameful

That's to be expected when the entire game is all about fanservice. I might pick it up eventually. Still need to finish Luigi's Mansion.

I was waiting on you to tell me if it was good or not. Is the gameplay interesting at all? Is it strategically challenging?

i'm only through prologue 4 and it's nowhere near games like FE or TO. there is SOME strategy with regards to lining your guy up close by another teammate (similar to FE) to gain access to other options. if you have a guy near you, then during the battle you can pretty L ONCE and the guy/girl who is standing near you will come out and help you rough up the opponent.

as for strategy, you build up "special" meter as you fight and have to use it wisely. you start with 100% and you can press Y during a battle to do some ultra super special move but it drains it completely. otherwise, you can hang onto it and do a "Full block" which costs 60% (this will block your opponents attack when you are on defense) or 20% for a counter/half block. if you do the 20% counter, you take the full brunt of their strike but you get a very short time to counter.

so i don't know, it's more of a fan service game. there are tons of people from namco and sega and capcom and whoever the fuck else is involved but if you are looking for a legit SRPG like fire emblem you won't find it here. a shame for project x zone that it had to follow up one of the all time greats!

Top Bottom