• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Mario Strikers Charged League: North America Edition

Magicked

Hey Mila, I'm signing on now. I'll send you an invite when I see you get on.

Edit: I think you still need to add me to your friends list too.

Magicked

Magicked 2 (9) - Milabrega 0 (3)

Match Recap: Preseason Match 1 - Milabrega @ Magicked
Arena: The Palace

Game 1: 5-1 Magicked
Game 2: 4-2 Magicked

GG man. There were weird pauses with lag every minute or so, and I think one of them hit during my megastrike at the end of the first game. =\

GCQuinton

Meta-Knight 2 (3) - GCQuinton 0 (1)

Match Recap: Preseason Match 2 - Meta-Knight @ GCQuinton

Game 1: Meta-Knight 1, GCQuinton 0
Game 2: Meta-Knight 2, GCQuinton 1

Connection Quality: 4 Stars

Meta-Knight 2 (3) - GCQuinton 0 (1)

Match Recap: Preseason Match 2 - Meta-Knight @ GCQuinton

Game 1: 1-0 Meta-Knight
Game 2: 2-1 Meta-Knight

Defensive games lol

mrplow1817 2 (5) - tim1138 0 (3)

Match Recap: Preseason Match 1 - mrplow1817 @ tim1138

Game 1: 3-2 OT mrplow1817
Game 2: 2-1 mrplow1817

Connection Quality: 4 stars

Banned
avatar299 2 (5) - razorspeed 0 (1)

Match Recap: Preseason Match 1

Game 1: 2-0 Avatar299
Game 2: 3-1 Avatar299

Connection Quality: 4 stars

Good match Speed

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Meta-Knight said:
It's the same thing with the hammer-spammers. When you know how to counter them, they become defenseless. Relying on only one strategy will not get you far in Strikers.
I'll be honest my strategy is pretty one dimensional.. If you love a mole open, i'll mole you. If you leave my main open, i'll shoot 4 balls at you. Otherwise I hope you don't get off a shot because chances are I can't stop all 6 balls if their coming full speed.

That seems to be my only complaint. If you miss 1 ball for some reason the response time is decreased on your your block shot click for some reason... Even if you didn't double tap earlier. It's more my play style than anything that frustrates me but I can't seem to develop another style.

Milabrega

Magicked said:
GG man. There were weird pauses with lag every minute or so, and I think one of them hit during my megastrike at the end of the first game. =\

Ya great games. There wasn't a pause in the first game OT megastrike, I let one threw so it was already game i just dropped the controller to grab a drink real quick heh. Would love to play ya again any time, first time i encountered wario so i knew i was in for a whoopin.

widgetraf

I'm definitely going to try to get some games in Tuesday evening.

Anyone who wishes to play, my FC is posted in the OP and just toss me a PM so I can add you if I haven't already.

I'll be on around 8-10pm PDT. West of course but I'm welcome to people from the East if anyone is still up by then.

Magicked

Milabrega said:
Ya great games. There wasn't a pause in the first game OT megastrike, I let one threw so it was already game i just dropped the controller to grab a drink real quick heh. Would love to play ya again any time, first time i encountered wario so i knew i was in for a whoopin.

Okay, good! I guess it just lagged on my end since I was watching your hands, but on your end it was fine. Makes sense.

We'll definitely play again sometime. Hit me up for an invite if I'm online. :D

Mila,

I'm confirming that I will be online at 7:00. In fact, I could be online earlier (6:30ish?) if you want to do this earlier.

Milabrega

I updated the change to the mii name on august 5th it never got updated on that second post. Do you want to play another series as our preseason game?

Nah. It's okay. It's only a pre-season game so I don't really care that much. Good game though. :D

I'd just like to keep the second post as updated as possible, though I do suggest that we don't change our wii names to avoid confusion.

Milabrega

Milabrega 2 (11) - Thespis721 0 (3)

Match Recap: Preseason Match 2: Thespis721 @ Milabrega
Arena: Classic Kongo

Game 1: 7-1 Milabrega
Game 2: 4-2 Milabrega

Connection Quality 4 Stars

Akinola

Does anyone want to play a match just for fun? Deduce never replied to my PM, but now I'm just looking for practice to test a new strategy I'm working with is all. Substituting all speed for a power/2 defense/playmaker combo.

I'll be on at 5pm EST until whenever. Come on and play! Is this how the official league is going to play when actual play starts?

Penguin

I don't know if too late, but shall join the league.

Though awful at the game.

GAF Nickname: Penguin
Mii Name in the game: Earl
Mii Friend Code: 339410 066419
AIM Screen name: PenguinBobby

Magicked

I don't know what the fuck is up with my shooting. Some games I'm fine. Others, like ours and the one I played before it, I'll have about 20 shots on goal, but none of them go in. Even charged shots. I mean, is there some trick I don't know?

Akinola

It's all about the focus of the goalie, I've found out. There are the obvious shots that should never go in (like dry bones, for example).

And then there are shots for when goalies' attention is diverted. That's why I love one-timer shots. Your quick passing of the ball is something I'm still trying to get down, but I'm all about bringing it straight to the net. Shots that are far away at wide angles seem to work greatest for me.

...At least this is what I believe.

If you noticed, the only shots I made were in distracting players. I don't like being so direct, unless Birdo is involved, cause she's the shit.

Magicked

Yea, I guess I need to work on it a bit more. It's just really frustrating when I rip 5 or more back to back (etc) shots that don't go in.

GG though. I usually make more goals than that. :D

Akinola

I know how you feel man. I saw all the goals you've racked up and I was thinking, "I wonder what it would be like to take him on?"

If you or anyone else is up for a kickaround later tonight (EST), Shoot me a PM, an aim: GrandMasterAk313, or an email: theultimodragon2000@gmail.com

Magicked

Yea, I'm sure I'll be down. Maybe I'll give you a good game this time! If I don't catch you tonight, then some other time.

Wasn't this season supposed to start yesterday?

vumpler

Magicked said:
Wasn't this season supposed to start yesterday?
It was but my wife and I just moved into a new house over the last 2 days. So now we are moved. I will send out a mass pm tomorrow before 5pm to confirm everyones activity then we will be off and rolling boys!

I'm just wanting to make sure we didn't pick up any flakes.

Drakken

Alright. Posting just in case it's still possible to join:

GAF Nickname: Drakken
Mii Name in the game: Josh
Mii Friend Code: 133252 267739
AIM Screen name: Drakken688

vumpler

Drakken said:
Alright. Posting just in case it's still possible to join:

GAF Nickname: Drakken
Mii Name in the game: Josh
Mii Friend Code: 133252 267739
AIM Screen name: Drakken688
Yup spots are still open :) Look for a big pm tonight :)

Fuzzery

I would like to reserve a spot in the league if that's at all possible, i'm moving in to my house next week, and will have strikers there (don't have a wii at home temporarily). Is this possible?

vumpler

EVERYONE! If you DID NOT get a PM with the message listed below then that means YOU ARE NOT CURRENTLY IN THE LEAGUE. Why? Because you must have not filled out the form as specified or you were accidentally overlooked. Regardless if you are still wanting in you MUST post your info immediately again correctly!

-----------------

Hey Folks,

If you’re receiving this PM that means you signed up for the NA Gaf Strikers league.

We had slightly less preseason activity than expected. The league officially starts Saturday August 18th at 12:00am!
For starters week we are using a special schedule. The game IS MANDATORY but, the scoring format is completely different. The winner of the game will be awarded 1 point. You STILL report the scores the exact same way as specified in the OP.

The Starters Week schedule will be posted at the bottom of the OP by 12:30am August 18th CST.

So the winners of the first week will start power ranked higher. This works in our advantage in two ways. First off it makes sure that everyone that signed up IS going to play, and also it doesn’t give a true advantage to the people who won. So it’s a win win.

Unless you contact ME personally if you do NOT complete this game you will be removed from the league. It is crucial that you play this game. If you can’t get this game in and can’t communicate your situations then you are to busy to give 10-30 minutes a week to a casual yet competitive league, period.

If you have any questions please contact me! I’m still looking for two co commissioners so get at me if you’re interested.

So the week schedule looks as follows:

1. Starters week
2. Official week 1
3. Official week 2
4. Official week etc.

You have until Tuesday the 21st to have this game completed. If everyone gets their game in early we will advance immediately.

Vump

AIM: Jason1nk
MSN: vumpler@gmail.com

hope i'm not too late! i've only been playing for a day so i'll prolly get killed but whatever

GAF Nickname: tetrisgrammaton
Mii Name in the game: Bert
Mii Friend Code: 176201 987802
AIM Screen name: lamiapogrom

eastside

EDIT: ok i have my friend code straightened out now, also change my mii in order to reflect GAF league record

Yes two great games, I'm disappointed that I haven't won even one though :(
I used slow characters only, that hurt me a bit I think (especially on defense).

Akinola

I'm online for a couple hours if anyone fancies a match. I've added everyone's friend codes, so I hope everyone has done the same.

Top Bottom