• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 09 The Show League Season 1 of Please don't drown us in lag Sony!

Mrbob

Stop playing Gears 2 instead jazzy. :p

I can't add anybody so we are locked in and need you to keep on playing!

Sportzhead I'll pencil you in for the next season.

CzarTim

DCX said:
...damn...was hoping you'd be up late tonight..

DCX
Sorry 'bout that. I have had family in town, so it's been a bit hectic. I should be free all day today if you want to knock 'em out.

DCX

DCX
czartim said:
Sorry 'bout that. I have had family in town, so it's been a bit hectic. I should be free all day today if you want to knock 'em out.
I have a breakfast to go to at 10, then dinner later on maybe five, so i hope in between.

DCX

Dez said:
the frankman, if you're up for getting our series started tonight, let me know.
I have 1 more game w/ GQman2121 in Chavez Ravine. I can play 1 game tonight afterwards, though. BTW I sent you a friend invite, accept it!

GQ, anytime you're ready tonight.

DCX

DCX
czartim said:
GG. That was quiet a nail bitter. Not a lot of offense on both ends.
I thought for sure i was going to blow it...especially when i planed for it to go into extra innings and i didnt have Marte and Mo warmed up :/ I'm so glad i pulled it off!

DCX

CzarTim

I'm seriously disappointed right now. I cannot begin to tell you how shocked I was that you took that run in the 5th. I LET you go back to second after I ASSUMED you accidentally hit the advance button and then you take a point you don't deserve? That made me furious the whole game, I could barely concentrate the rest of the game (even more so after I did the same thing in the 9th and you didn't extend the same curtsy.)

San, sorry, but I want to take a break for a day or two before I play again. I know I suck, and I will likely never win a game, but that was the first time I didn't have fun playing.

DCX

DCX
czartim said:
I'm seriously disappointed right now. I cannot begin to tell you how shocked I was that you took that run in the 5th. I LET you go back to second after I ASSUMED you accidentally hit the advance button and then you take a point you don't deserve? That made me furious the whole game, I could barely concentrate the rest of the game (even more so after I did the same thing in the 9th and you didn't extend the same curtsy.)

San, sorry, but I want to take a break for a day or two before I play again. I know I suck, and I will likely never win a game, but that was the first time I didn't have fun playing.
I had no idea what was going on...with all the lag i can't assume anything. I wish maybe there was a chat or a message or something, i assumed you didn't want to get caught up in a run down due to the lag and just gave up..idk..i'm sorry if i upset you...i honestly had no idea i did something wrong :(

DCX

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Bob,my arm is still fucked up,but let me know if you will be doing a season 2.I know I can dominate even with a shit elbow/hand and the asstros :p

GQman2121

Banned
The Frankman said:
GQ you need to get online and finish the last game. We were supposed to play Sunday. You can't duck Johan Santana forever.

Yeah, sorry about that. I've been a bit under the weather for the last two days and passing out pretty early. But I can definitely get on this evening and play our last game.

LJ11

pistolpete2940 said:
Aiyyo LJ, if you're free anytime tonight, I'm down to play those last two games.

I was caught up with the Mets last night. I'm free tonight from 5pm est on.

Mrbob

Matrix said:
Bob,my arm is still fucked up,but let me know if you will be doing a season 2.I know I can dominate even with a shit elbow/hand and the asstros :p

I plan on it if there is interest in doing so.

hobart

Just FYI...

Picked the game up recently and I'd be interested in joining a league once it forms again. Lemme know!

Mrbob

Friendly reminder to get your week 2 games in tonight. League will advance to week 3 wed morning! Any unplayed games will be coin flipped.

Great series against LJ11. I lost 2 out 3 close games (2 extra inning). Jorge Cantu owned me . . . fuck him. Only had lag in two innings all series.

Game 3, bottom of the 10th ? 11th? His leadoff man gets on base, then Hanley ropes one to center. I couldn't believe Crawford caught it and then doubled him up at 1st. I was so hype about that double play http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J7p-cl7oqk , then this happens: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpKOB3JIyHo (Sorry about the video quality, Im still on standard def)
First, Bengie Molina. Now, Jorge Cantu. Fuck them

Core, I got you next. Let me know when you're available to play.

Sorry GQ. I'm visiting the old folks and helping them pack stuff. I'll be back online at 9:30, the 1st inning just throw 9 pitches down the middle since I didn't score the 1st inning.

EDIT: No GQ the game has to be played today or week advances. I'll be online again in 10 minutes.

For the record, I've tried to play the game w/ GQ for 3 days. Sunday he was in a RE5 marathon. Tonight I had to friendly quit (packing stuff for parents) in the 1st and told him to be back on in 30 minutes, or 9:30. I'm waiting to play our game and I find out he's been playing RE5 for the last half-hour.

I'm a RE5 freak (I "bought it" before I bought MLB 09), own every canonical RE game and even have the gimped RE Outbreak games w/ special edition crap. However the league game will take 30 minutes at most!

How come you didn't respond in text chat GQ?

SanjuroTsubaki said:
Go fucking play a real game like Dino Crisis you losers.
Dino Crisis is what I warm up with to play Silent Hill, you freak. Get with the times.

Damn, over a hour of RE5? That's it, if the league advances MrBob and we still haven't playet yet just give me the win already. I'm guessing from him ignoring my in-game Text Chat GQ is throwing in the towel. :lol

pistolpete2940 said:
Frankman, he's gonna play you. His roommate was on his account playing RE5
Okay np. Wish his roommate would chat with a brother. Could give him some good Majin-killing tactics! (whatever they call Ganados/Plaga now) :p

If you're in contact with him just tell him whenever we play and he pitches to the first 3 batters to groove the pitches, I won't swing so he'll strike out the side.

GQman2121

Banned
I went up stairs to cook while my roommate was playing. You kind of just dissappeared and didn't say anything, so in the chat I said we could set something up for tomorrow. I'll sign on right now and we can get this over with.

I played the unluckiest game in the history of MLB 09. If I lived alone I win 2-0. As it is I lose 3-2 in 11. Interrupted constantly to the point I blow a save and accidentally throw through on a 1st and 3rd steal (I love how the controller doesn't register the press so I throw immediately and gun the guy out, but JUST ENOUGH so I do throw through) and in the 11th, I retire the first 2 in the 10th and have to put my controller down to help out downstairs...

Apparently the pitcher pitches by itself if you don't pause, but if I pause too long the game would forefeit. So I come back to the room and find my guy on the warning track and GQ rounding 2nd. So with 2 out Dodgers get a basehit. Ballgame, could've swept the series but what can you do?

And the funniest thing is the old folks called me for nothing. Fan-freaking-tastic.
I went up stairs to cook while my roommate was playing. You kind of just dissappeared and didn't say anything, so in the chat I said we could set something up for tomorrow. I'll sign on right now and we can get this over with.
waitwhat? Check GAF and the Text Chat! I was all over that!

GQman2121

Banned
The Frankman said:
I played the unluckiest game in the history of MLB 09. If I lived alone I win 2-0. As it is I lose 3-2 in 11. Interrupted constantly to the point I blow a save and accidentally throw through on a 1st and 3rd steal (I love how the controller doesn't register the press so I throw immediately and gun the guy out, but JUST ENOUGH so I do throw through) and in the 11th, I retire the first 2 in the 10th and have to put my controller down to help out downstairs...

Apparently the pitcher pitches by itself if you don't pause, but if I pause too long the game would forefeit. So I come back to the room and find my guy on the warning track and GQ rounding 2nd. So with 2 out Dodgers get a basehit. Ballgame, could've swept the series but what can you do?

And the funniest thing is the old folks called me for nothing. Fan-freaking-tastic.

You should have messaged me and told me what the deal was, I would have waited no problem. Anyway, good series. I have a lot of work to do. That Santana Change up is absolute death. It looks and moves just like a fastball. Madness.......

Top Bottom