• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 09 The Show League Season 1 of Please don't drown us in lag Sony!

LJ11

Mrbob said:
Week 1 ends in about an hour or so...

LJ and Teethmummy can you get all 3 games in on thursday? Whatever you don't get done I"m probably going to have to flip a coin for and advance by then. The league is on a five day schedule and I have a feeling it doesn't advance officially to the next week until all the unresolved games for the current week or taken care of.

I can get the games in on Thursday, not sure if he'll be available however, but I'll find the time to play all 3 if he is.

Tedesco!

jman2050 said:
I guess it's me and Tedesco next.

I can't play tonight, but is tomorrow a good time at all?

Tomorrow should work for me. I need to check with the wife. Do you want to try and work multiple games, and what time do you wanna do this?

Mrbob

I can't officially start next week until this week is done. We can play ahead of time, but since the league is on a 5 day schedule I can't advance it unless I grant wins to unresolved games.

So its very important to get your games done in the 5 day period so the league doesn't lag. You can play a series ahead, but you can't fall behind.

I will be advancing next week thursday night at the latest, and we will be on a strict 5 day schedule after. So if games don't get done it will be a coin flip.

Dez

a warning to everyone. The new roster update has totally screwed up the defensive positions of all your players. I had Travis Snider at Catcher and my opponent had Derek Jeter in LF.

Core407

Banned
Dez said:
a warning to everyone. The new roster update has totally screwed up the defensive positions of all your players. I had Travis Snider at Catcher and my opponent had Derek Jeter in LF.

Sweet, its up. Hopefully Schafer and Kawakami are in it.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Core407 said:
We play next, bro. Any specific time that is good for you? I got tomorrow off of work and can get at least 1 game in.
I work mornings and on spring break right now so anytime after 3pm pst im usually free. Just aim me (CorranFFXI) or send me message on ps3 if im not on mlb

Mrbob

So are the Mets and Angels going to get their week 1 series in? I'd rather not flip a coin for these games but I will have too to keep the league moving.

Remember tommorrow night is the deadline for week 1, and then we will be on a strict five day schedule after.

With the flex schedule anyone who wants to play their week 2 games right now should be able to get them in.

jman2050

Tedesco! said:
Tomorrow should work for me. I need to check with the wife. Do you want to try and work multiple games, and what time do you wanna do this?

9-10PM is usually a good time for me, though if you want to squeeze in a game in the afternoon that's fine too.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Mrbob said:
So are the Mets and Angels going to get their week 1 series in? I'd rather not flip a coin for these games but I will have too to keep the league moving.

Remember tommorrow night is the deadline for week 1, and then we will be on a strict five day schedule after.

With the flex schedule anyone who wants to play their week 2 games right now should be able to get them in.

Yeah man sorry just boot me out I will not have time for this league. Tried to send you a message last week on psn saying I couldn't make it I dont know if you got it.

Mrbob said:

I don't get it, isn't the point of flex schedules to not have to call games, since everyone can play ahead anyway?

Mrbob

If you keep current with your games or play slightly ahead, this isn't an issue.

The way the league is designed, I can't officially advance week 1 until all the games are done. After week 1 is done, then we have to wait another 5 days for week 2 regardless of how the games are played. There is no option to advance the week ahead of schedule. I have to wait the five days between weeks before doing so.

If we can stay slightly ahead of the curve this is great. We just can't fall behind or it holds things up.

Mrbob

Oh Chris isn't playing anymore? Jack Bauer damn it.

Yeah just advance to playing GQMAN. I think I'm just going to auto win everyone who plays against Chris this season. Will be the easiest way to handle things.

15 teams vying for 8 playoff spots now! Odds of making the playoffs have increased. Oh and everyone will get a 5 day break now in the season. :D

Mrbob said:
Oh Chris isn't playing anymore? Jack Bauer damn it.

Yeah just advance to playing GQMAN. I think I'm just going to auto win everyone who plays against Chris this season. Will be the easiest way to handle things.

15 teams vying for 8 playoff spots now! Odds of making the playoffs have increased. Oh and everyone will get a 5 day break now in the season. :D
Is it possible to get a guy to take over for him? If you give me a day or two I can probably get a replacement. I'm sure of it.

Mrbob

I'm a bit nervous about doing so. Last year when I tried to add and remove players it borked the league. If you can find a replacement in 24 hours, I can give it a shot but the first week is getting coin flipped unless every game can be done tommorrow night.

LJ and Teethmummy are you guys still on for tommorrow?

CzarTim

Good game, DCX. Sorry I left so quickly afterwords, I had a pizza getting cold.

I couldn't get anything started offensive wise. Every time I got a runner in scoring position, I blew it.

DCX

DCX
czartim said:
Good game, DCX. Sorry I left so quickly afterwords, I had a pizza getting cold.

I couldn't get anything started offensive wise. Every time I got a runner in scoring position, I blew it.
I'm lucky i was patient at times and drew some walks..we would still be playing :lol :lol The lag blows

DCX

Mrbob

Can you guys hammer out your games tonight?

I won't be home for another hour. I can send him an invite then if he is interested! Tell him to post here!

Mrbob said:
Can you guys hammer out your games tonight?

I won't be home for another hour. I can send him an invite then if he is interested! Tell him to post here!
Already told him and if he posts here I'll play ASAP. Send the invite!

GQman2121

Banned
Frank, I'm off all day tomorrow, so I can play any of our games when ever you're free. Let me know or send me a PSN message if you see me on.

LJ11

Finished our series, pretty good games, some lag here and there but it was fine for the most part.

Marlins were smacked around the first game, and blew 2 run leads in the 9th (walkoff 3 run shot by Belliard) and 7th in the next two games. Last game went to 11, walkoff by Dukes.

Edit: pistolpete, I may be able to get our games in tomorrow. I'll confirm with you tomorrow.

Mrbob

League advanced. Week 2 is upon us guys. :D Second week ends April 14 at 8pm pacific time.

Jazzy when can you play?

Core407

Banned
Mrbob said:
League advanced. Week 2 is upon us guys. :D Second week ends April 14 at 8pm pacific time.

Jazzy when can you play?

Thats, weird - me and Corran played before the week advanced and our game counted.

Week advanced already? Damn lawblob needs to post...

Question. If the league advanced does that mean I start off w/ my #4 starter vs. GQ? Theoretically if I had played 3 games then I would face GQ with my 4th guy, but they were forfeited. So does this mean I can throw out my 1-2-3 guys since I never used them?

CzarTim

Hey, speaking of the rotation: Do I have to use the exact same starters in the exact same order? Or is it more that once I use a starter, I have to wait four games before I can use him again?

Mrbob

Yes to the second part.

1, 2, 3, 4, rinse and repeat.

BTW, I want back in the NL. :lol AL looks like it is a beast.

Barrett2

I want to play in the league, but my wifi flickers on and off so much that I really don't know if I would ever be able to actually finish any games. I will test it this morning and play a few games online and see how it goes. If I think it will work, I am game.

lawblob said:
I want to play in the league, but my wifi flickers on and off so much that I really don't know if I would ever be able to actually finish any games. I will test it this morning and play a few games online and see how it goes. If I think it will work, I am game.
The average league game takes like 30 minutes I think... shouldn't be a problem. I don't know your setup but I have a WRT54GL but wired my PS3 since it's in the same room.

Mrbob send this man an invite!

Top Bottom