• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 09 The Show League Season 1 of Please don't drown us in lag Sony!

GQman2121 said:
You should have messaged me and told me what the deal was, I would have waited no problem. Anyway, good series. I have a lot of work to do. That Santana Change up is absolute death. It looks and moves just like a fastball. Madness.......
With what? I had 1 minute left of pause time, nothing I can do.

Anyway Dez, anytime you want to start our series I'm available.

LJ11

pistolpete2940 said:
Great series against LJ11. I lost 2 out 3 close games (2 extra inning). Jorge Cantu owned me . . . fuck him. Only had lag in two innings all series.

Game 3, bottom of the 10th ? 11th? His leadoff man gets on base, then Hanley ropes one to center. I couldn't believe Crawford caught it and then doubled him up at 1st. I was so hype about that double play http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J7p-cl7oqk , then this happens: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpKOB3JIyHo (Sorry about the video quality, Im still on standard def)
First, Bengie Molina. Now, Jorge Cantu. Fuck them

Core, I got you next. Let me know when you're available to play.

Good stuff, I still can't believe you got to that ball, the replay really doesn't do it justice.

Looks like the league is moving at a pretty good pace, keep it up guys.

DCX

DCX
The Frankman said:
Can't wait to face Dez. Highest Team .BA meets lowest Team ERA.
The kiss of death...the man is super human and experiences no lag, true story..

DCX

Mrbob

When you play me, you might notice I select my pitchers out of order in terms of the set rotation in the game. The game doesn't have it set up how I like it. This is my rotation in order:

Zambrano
Dempster
Lilly
Harden

It is the order I'm following with all my games. Just wanted to clear this up!

jman2050 said:
Msg me when you're available. I won't be able to play tomorrow but Friday should be fair game.

Perhaps we can get a game or two in tonight and finish it off friday?

Your season hasn't truly begun until you get a loss! :D

DCX

DCX
Mrbob said:
When you play me, you might notice I select my pitchers out of order in terms of the set rotation in the game. The game doesn't have it set up how I like it. This is my rotation in order:

Zambrano
Dempster
Lilly
Harden

It is the order I'm following with all my games. Just wanted to clear this up!

Perhaps we can get a game or two in tonight and finish it off friday?

Your season hasn't truly begun until you get a loss! :D
Do i play you the series after this one?

DCX

Core407

Banned
pistolpete2940 said:
Frankman, he's gonna play you. His roommate was on his account playing RE5

I think we are playing each other next. Is there any specific time that'd be good for you?

Dez

The Frankman said:
With what? I had 1 minute left of pause time, nothing I can do.

Anyway Dez, anytime you want to start our series I'm available.

Alright, i'll be ready to play tonight around 7-8 or after 11 est.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
So I have been playing random people to test how well I can play with a busted arm and practice for season 2 and I find I can still win with ease against randoms,but wtf did they come up with such a stupid feedback system? :\

I'm using the Stros in all my games and I guess since they suck or something and I'm beating teams like the Mets/Yankees,douches feel the need to leave feedback saying I cheat.

wtf just a stupid system and they should have never added that wording as a option.I guess if someone can win with a scrub team and shutdown another player using Mike Hampton they must cheat *sigh*

Game 1: David Purcey vs. Mike Pelfrey

Jays - 5 - 11 - 0
Mets - 1 - 6 -- 0

Worst played/pitched game for me so far. Made some poor decisions in the 1st trying to get outs instead of getting the safe out, turned into 5 runs. I don't regret not walking Barajas, I always want a pitcher leading off.

Pitchingwise I could not hit corners for the life of me, so frustrating... that said I allowed all the runs in the 1st, so that's something I guess. Managed to rebound after that but hittingwise I really reverted, hard to maintain that new grip when you're down 5 off the bat.

Also, Citi robbed me off 3 runs via the HR... balls die in the gaps.

EDIT: I stand by my ERA. Once I got wild I could not pitch for the life of me. I'm allowed one off game.

Dez

the fact that you weren't throwing strikes lulled me to sleep.. so i couldn't get into a groove offensively :lol.

Mrbob said:
Looks like the "best pitcher in the league" couldn't live up to his billing. :D
I am; not a boast. If I got the sure outs and didn't play aggro Dez gets two, maybe 3 runs. Plus I did go 8 and a third scoreless...

Don't worry, MrBob. You'll find out soon enough.

Dez

The Frankman said:
I am; not a boast. If I got the sure outs and didn't play aggro Dez gets two, maybe 3 runs. Plus I did go 8 and a third scoreless...

Don't worry, MrBob. You'll find out soon enough.

You still gave up 11 hits and 7 walks through 9 :lol

Core407

Banned
pistolpete2940 said:
Yo Core, I'm good to play after the Yankee game, let me know.

edit: scratch that, going to the met game

Good game. Was a homerun fest but that's what happens on the lower settings. Anyways, I can play one tomorrow night after 6PM EST.

yea man, good game, no lag whatsoever. i fuckin hate andy sonnanstine. why'd the rays have to send down price? why?! but yea, i couldn't pitch for nothing. the pickoff at 1st by mccann bugged the shit outta me. i wasn't leading off, wasn't stealing. fuck pat burrell. slow ass mofo

Core407

Banned
pistolpete2940 said:
yea man, good game, no lag whatsoever. i fuckin hate andy sonnanstine. why'd the rays have to send down price? why?! but yea, i couldn't pitch for nothing. the pickoff at 1st by mccann bugged the shit outta me. i wasn't leading off, wasn't stealing. fuck pat burrell. slow ass mofo

:lol Don't worry, you'll probably take the 2 remaining games.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Im still waiting on GQ. We tried to play last night but the lag was ridiculous. He said he;d be on tonight at 10 but still hasn't shown. I'll be out of town all weekend so I need to get these games in.

Game 8, 2nd Game of series @ Citi Field:

Jays - 2 - 6 - 1
Mets - 0 - 6 - 1

I have no complaints on this game. 2 runs (both HRs) in 5+ from Maine I'll take. I just left WAY too many runners in scoring position and wasted running opportunities by not running. Culminating in the 9th, of course.

1st and 3rd, 0 out and Beltran-Tatis-Castillo up. Popup in foul ground to 1st by C-Belt, backbreaking K by Tatis and PH'd Church in ... who flies out one step from the track in deep right. The ballpark giveth and the ballpark taketh away...

Dez

haha gg frankman. You pitched much better this game aside from the 2 meatballs I crushed early. I'm impressed with the stuff they gave ricky romero. Low 90s, lots of different decent pitches and good control. Basically dominated with him until he got tired.

Dez said:
haha gg frankman. You pitched much better this game aside from the 2 meatballs I crushed early. I'm impressed with the stuff they gave ricky romero. Low 90s, lots of different decent pitches and good control. Basically dominated with him until he got tired.
... meanwhile they scrap Maine's ok curveball (doesn't throw much) and Pelfrey's good curve (which he actually does throw). Thanks, Kevin. Miracle Oliver Perez has any off-speed stuff at it...

GQman2121

Banned
TeethMummy said:
well, i'll be out of town with limited internet access for the weekend, so we have to play tese games on Monday now I guess.

Yeah, sorry about that. We'll do it up early next week for sure!

Mrbob

Can you guys play Sunday night? I would like to advance the league sunday night, but can wait till monday night if you guys need another day.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Mrbob said:
Can you guys play Sunday night? I would like to advance the league sunday night, but can wait till monday night if you guys need another day.

I cant until Monday. Tried to get them in last night. Sorry for the delay

Core407

Banned
Pistolpete, I won't be able to play tonight, got a beerpong tourney to dominate. I'll be available all day this weekend.

When my rotation ends I'm changing it to:

Santana
Maine (was 3)
Perez (was 4)
Pelfrey (was 2)
Hernandez

Dez said:
yo frankman, if you're up to play our third game, let me know. i'll check for you online.
Whoops just read this. I'll see about Saturday.

DCX

DCX
Mrbob said:
Hey, when do you want to start our series?

DCX

Top Bottom