• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 09 The Show League Season 1 of Please don't drown us in lag Sony!

DCX

DCX
czartim said:
DCX, if your around, I'm in the lobby.
Sorry, long night...catching up on my sleep last night. i can finish our series tonight though...i will also have at least two NBA 2k games to play through ( hopefully more ) I'll let you know..i have all night.

DCX

Mrbob

Does lawblob want to play? He seems unsure in his last post.

How did the online testing go? As much as I want another human to play, the game is laggy enough as it is it won't be any fun if all games lag out.

Sanjuro

Played against dez and had a random disconnect and was issued the loss in a 0-0 game. Did a concede and played a one game series which he obtained double play god status. Awesome game though, just on the wrong end.

I really wish that the online and the league games were a separate breed. It is starting to get annoying as the only problems that affect my record are happening during league games.

Mrbob

Why do you care so much about your win/loss rating? :lol

We'll never get enough games in to crack the top of the charts as the kiddies who play the game all day long.

Sanjuro

Mrbob said:
Why do you care so much about your win/loss rating? :lol

We'll never get enough games in to crack the top of the charts as the kiddies who play the game all day long.
I do when goofy things happen. I'll take a complete game loss any day. Like I said before, I haven't been working...so it is kinda neat to be in the top 200 players standings.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Now that I've read this thread, I realize ChrisGoldstein isn't playing and I need to follow the thread more closely, as my name came up a bunch of times on the page before this one.

Mrbob

Yeah unless lawblob decides he wants to play three free wins for you TeethMummy!

Oh and Sanjuro is being in the top 200 more important than that sweet, sweet, online league trophy? I think not! :D

Mrbob

Oh and if lawblob doesn't want to play I am cutting off adding any replacment after week 2.

Frankman already got three free wins for the first week. It is already a bit unfair the guy who held up this league for like two months got three victories in the first week and no one else may get this luxury. :lol

If we go a second week with no replacement, I'm definitely not adding someone else on because it is already too favorable towards those who didn't have to play anyone and got free wins. So lawblob let me know, the clock is ticking buddy! :D

Mrbob said:
... Frankman already got three free wins for the first week. It is already a bit unfair the guy who held up this league for like two months got three victories in the first week and no one else may get this luxury. :lol
In fairness the way he sounded when he tried connecting initially I would've swept him like a plague of insects over a Midwestern farm. Also it doesn't matter if you kavetch and moan about the league before it starts... it's when the games are played that counts. I said when I got the game there will be no issues. Was like that for Warhawk w/ the clan, was like that for the Madden League, and it will be like that now.

Mrbob

Haha you jerk!

Watching that vid makes you realize how those still slamming the show and clamoring for MVP are all waxing nostalgia at this point.

Lost the 1st game 2-1 thanks to pen blowing it (thanks for you and your shitty splitter, JJ Putz :(. YOU COULDN'T KEEP MANNY IN THE BALLPARK??). That's the first time I've blown a lead by the bullpen online, usually the games I've lost I never lead. Pitching w/ Oliver Perez is as infuriating in the show as watching him is.

Second game I won 1-0. Seven solid for Livan, Putz and Francisco finished it.

BTW GQ, play practice games w/ NEW Baserunning, I always have the manual outhjust in case. It's basically a lot of L2 action+left stick for steals, L1 to advance everyone, R1 to send everyone back.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
I'll check this thread daily now, but I look forward to three free wins. Sorry for being out of touch last week, I was really busy. I'll be better about communicating from now on. I want that trophy!

Mrbob

Jazzy I should be around tonight if you want to get a game in.

We'll try to get the games in on sunday if not tonight, but the Cubs play sunday night so I'll probably want to watch them.

I played a random opponent last night, he was the yankees and I won 6 to 4. Playing randoms drive me crazy sometimes though because guess pitch is always turned on. I hate giving up runs due to guess pitch. The guy got a 2 run homer and a solo shot in the game due to guessing my pitch. Only one of his runs were legit.

CzarTim

Mrbob said:
Jazzy I should be around tonight if you want to get a game in.

We'll try to get the games in on sunday if not tonight, but the Cubs play sunday night so I'll probably want to watch them.

I played a random opponent last night, he was the yankees and I won 6 to 4. Playing randoms drive me crazy sometimes though because guess pitch is always turned on. I hate giving up runs due to guess pitch. The guy got a 2 run homer and a solo shot in the game due to guessing my pitch. Only one of his runs were legit.
When I play, I go to a lobby and invite people myself based on the rules I want.

Sanjuro

Mrbob said:
Yeah unless lawblob decides he wants to play three free wins for you TeethMummy!

Oh and Sanjuro is being in the top 200 more important than that sweet, sweet, online league trophy? I think not! :D
Unless you could convert that trophy into a gamerpoint it is meaningless!

LJ11

pistolpete, I'm free until 6:30, let me know if you're available.

I thought I would have more free time this weekend, but a couple of friends flew in unexpectedly. I'm free all day tomorrow however.

DCX

DCX
We can play the games tonight, i was up til like 2:30am after losing my playoff series in NBA :( It's all good.

DCX

CzarTim

DCX said:
We can play the games tonight, i was up til like 2:30am after losing my playoff series in NBA :( It's all good.

DCX
Tell me whenever your ready, I'm good any time before 9 PM est.

LJ11 and I just played a 12 inning game. The lag was only bad in the 1st inning. And even then it wasn't all over the place, just slowed down a bit. Well, for me at least.

Barrett2

I will not be able to play in the league as the Angels. My wifi is just too crappy, I can't finish any games. It boots me off every twenty minutes or so. Sorry.

Tedesco! said:
This is the worst lag I've seen. It's like it stalls every other frame

And I am wired, not wireless.
I think when this happens you have to consider a friendly quit if early in the game and it's tied/scoreless.

sportzhead said:
I'll pinch hit for lawblob. What do I need to know before this kicks off?
Names of those ready to do battle this season!

GAF Name | PSN Name | Team | Time Zone | Aim Name (Preferred but Optional)

Mrbob | MrBob2k7 | Cubs | Central | mrbob2k1
SanjuroTsubaki | SanjuroTsubaki | Boston Red Sox | Eastern | sanjuromifune
Core407 | Runner45 | Bravos | Eastern | CelineDionsMuff
jman2050 | jman2050 | White Sox | EST | jman2050AG
CzarTim | CzarTim | Indians | Eastern | czartim@ratvisionproductions.com (MSN)
Tedesco! | tedesco_13 | Reds | Central | LevyMedia
Corran Horn | Corran | SF Giants | Pacific | CorranFFXI
TeethMummy | TeethMummy | Washington Nationals | Eastern | n/a
DCX |DCXgaf | NYY | Est | DreamcastKC
pistolpete2940 | pistolpete294 | TB | Eastern | pistolpeet2940
Jazzy Network | Jdawg2k | Rangers | Eastern | Blue for U 1551
The Frankman | TheFrankman86 | Mets | Eastern | TheFrankman86
LJ11 | LJ11 | Marlins | Eastern | LJ11370Dez |
dezed | Toronto Blue Jays | EST | icq# 4065341 (i don't have AIM but you can use that)
GQman2121 | GQman2121 | Dodgers | East | OMIK67 (never use it though)
?????????? | ????????? | Angels | ?????????? | ?????????????

Settings are as follows:

45 games over 10 weeks
3 game series done in 5 day increments
1 series against division opponents
1 series outside of division
All Star Difficulty
Pitching Interface Meter
Guess Pitch Off
Strike zones On
Hot Zones On
Fast Play On
Baserunning Controls New
Draft Off
Playoff teams 8 (will have to bump down to 4 if we only have 14 total players!)

Please play your games at night. This will give the best chance of having less lag when during the game!

I don't know how the playoff situation exactly works. My guess is it takes the 8 best records, but it could be split up 4 and 4. Your best bet would be to make sure you are in the top 4 in your division for record and the top 8 overall to make sure you get in. Otherwise all bets are off!

Everyone already knows we will try to play this like a sim league. It doesn't have to be perfectly accurate, but please don't throw junk balls outside the strike zone to your opponent all game long. Having said this, there aren't going to be any regulations against pitching in this game. If you are a patient enough hitter you can force your opponent to throw some strikes over the plate to smash. Don't go swinging right away at all the pitches being thrown! If you are swinging at sliders outside the strike zone you only have yourself to blame! And it will happen to all of us this season.

You must use at least four of your starters in a regular rotation. Since the league can't track them we will be using the honor system on it. If you forget what starter you used just count back the days from the first game and go from there! Playoffs will be bumped down to 3 starters.

Remember a TROPHY is on the line for the victor of this league, so play to win, play smart, play hard, and good luck to everyone! Lets get this party started!

Here is where you can access the league online:

http://mlb09ps3html-prod.sc.online.s...?LeagueID=1226

Just need to enter your PSN info to access it after you sign into the league.
Mrbob will send you an invite ASAP. PM him. Also where Angels is post your GAF Name | PSN Name | Team | Time Zone | Aim Name (Preferred but Optional) and Mrbob will fill it in the OP.

Mrbob

Oh god, it won't let me add anyone haha. Same problem as last year. :/

I sent you a friends invite sportzhead accept it and I'll see if I can get it working.

It let me drop chris. Maybe I need to do it between weeks I'll try to get you in!

Mrbob

Oh snapplecakes.

It gave everyone an automatic win who had to play chris in the league after I dropped him. :lol

Damn it sony league options still aren't working properly!

I guess you'll have to wait till next season sportzhead sorry. :(

What_The_Fuck_Is_This_Shit_Dr_Seus.jpg

:(

I don't suppose we could restart...

Top Bottom