• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 09 The Show League Season 1 of Please don't drown us in lag Sony!

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Anyone seen Jazzy online? Sent him a PM and it seems like he hasn't been on GAF for a few days now. Saw a post from him last page saying he might quit the league.

Dez

The Frankman said:
When my rotation ends I'm changing it to:

Santana
Maine (was 3)
Perez (was 4)
Pelfrey (was 2)
Hernandez

Whoops just read this. I'll see about Saturday.

msg me if you can play today.

Core407

Banned
pistolpete2940 said:
Yanks are getting smacked. I can't watch anymore. Core, let me know when you're up for that game.

I'll be available from 8PM EST and on if you want to finish the last 2 games we got to play.

Mrbob

Remember the week will be ending late tommorrow night so get your games in!

Just had an awesome 3 game series against j(r)man. It was your typical Cubs/Sox series....any of the games could have went either way and I got the lucky bounces all three games.

Fun games. He'll be beasting come playoff time methinks.

jman2050

Mrbob said:
Remember the week will be ending late tommorrow night so get your games in!

Just had an awesome 3 game series against j(r)man. It was your typical Cubs/Sox series....any of the games could have went either way and I got the lucky bounces all three games.

Fun games. He'll be beasting come playoff time methinks.

I might be hampered by the fact that my team just isn't very good :lol

Still, epic series and although parts of it were infuriating (WHY DID YOU TAKE FIVE SECONDS TO THROW TO THIRD YOU GODDAMN PITCHER!!!) I enjoyed myself.

Screw Soriano btw.

Mrbob

You have some decent hitters on your team that can stroke the ball out of the park. Pitching staff is good too.

Jermaine Dye destroyed my pitching in those three games. It seemed like no matter what pitch i threw at him he could find a hole in the field to get a hit. I purposely threw a slider a foot out of the zone and dye reached out and pulled the ball into left field for a hit. :lol

He had, what, 3 homers and like 10 rbi in our three game series? It was crazy. :lol

Jordan Shaeffer . . . FUCK YOU

Great series against Core, he took 2 out of 3. Pat Burrell gets picked off twice all series WITHOUT a lead. WTF. Once by McCann, second time http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKz0s1ThAuw

I got demolished in the last game, and I attribute it all to Jordan "Look at me, Im so fast I can steal base even against a pitchout, twice" Shaeffer. Nobody's that fast, I hope he knocks up his gf and then becomes financially unstable.

Other than that, great series Core. Sorry about the lag at the end. My mom's dumbass boyfriend was fuckin around on the computer.

JDawg, let me know when you're available to play

Core407

Banned
pistolpete2940 said:
Jordan Shaeffer . . . FUCK YOU

Great series against Core, he took 2 out of 3. Pat Burrell gets picked off twice all series WITHOUT a lead. WTF. Once by McCann, second time http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKz0s1ThAuw

I got demolished in the last game, and I attribute it all to Jordan "Look at me, Im so fast I can steal base even against a pitchout, twice" Shaeffer. Nobody's that fast, I hope he knocks up his gf and then becomes financially unstable.

Other than that, great series Core. Sorry about the lag at the end. My mom's dumbass boyfriend was fuckin around on the computer.

JDawg, let me know when you're available to play

Hahaha No problem on the lag, I thought it was on my part or something. Least Burrell hit that 3 run shot in game 2 for you. :lol Didn't think you would upload the video but I'm glad you did and Schafer's steal couldn't have happened with Navarro's high ass throw. When I went, I thought i was out by a mile but that throw saved me. I'm going to start saving all of my blooper videos now.

Mrbob

These are the current unresolved games for the week:

Washington Nationals
TeethMummy (?) vs. Los Angeles Dodgers
GQman2121 (?)
Washington Nationals
GQman2121 (?)
Washington Nationals
GQman2121 (?)
San Francisco Giants
Corran (5) vs. Texas Rangers
JDawg2K (?)
San Francisco Giants
JDawg2K (?)
San Francisco Giants
JDawg2K (?)
New York Mets
TheFrankman86 (4) vs. Toronto Blue Jays
dezed (3)
Boston Red Sox
SanjuroTsubaki (3) vs. Cleveland Indians
CzarTim (4)

I know TeethMummy and GQ are playing tommorrow night. Not sure what is going on with Jdawn and Corran as I haven't heard from either one. Remember folks if the games dont get done by tommorrow night they will be coin flipped!

DCX

DCX
Mrbob said:
These are the current unresolved games for the week:

Washington Nationals
GQman2121 (?)
Washington Nationals
GQman2121 (?)
Washington Nationals
GQman2121 (?)
San Francisco Giants
JDawg2K (?)
San Francisco Giants
JDawg2K (?)
San Francisco Giants
JDawg2K (?)
New York Mets
TheFrankman86 (4) vs. Toronto Blue Jays
dezed (3)
Boston Red Sox
SanjuroTsubaki (3) vs. Cleveland Indians
CzarTim (4)

I know TeethMummy and GQ are playing tommorrow night. Not sure what is going on with Jdawn and Corran as I haven't heard from either one. Remember folks if the games dont get done by tommorrow night they will be coin flipped!
we can play tonight friend.

DCX

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Mrbob said:
Not sure what is going on with Jdawn and Corran as I haven't heard from either one. Remember folks if the games dont get done by tommorrow night they will be coin flipped!

If you look at last 2 pages I been trying to get a hold of Jdawg. Sent him a PM as well and idled in MLB a few times online. Top of like 2-3 pages ago he mentioned that he didn't have time to play anymore so maybe he quit?

Mrbob

Mets/Jays

Red Sox/Indians

You guys playing your games tonight?

Coin flip incoming if you don't get your games in. I'd rather not flip for either game but the clock is ticking.

Game 9, 3rd Game of series @ Citi Field:

Jays - 5 - 11 - 0
Mets - 1 - 4 - 1

MIND-NUMBINGLY annoying. After a boring 1st 2 innning he takes a 2-0 lead on me after an unfortunate HBP by Perez and a couple of 2-out singles. 4th was so bullshit, guy on 3rd, I walk the 8th hitter to get the the pitcher, who grounds to the left of Wright. He's about to field it... and stops ... and moves just as the ball passes him, costing me the play at the plate. SAc fly later it's 4-0 and put me really behind the 8-ball.

Hittingwise was not fun; any great contact I made result in screaming liners at someone or other stuff, I can't count how many deep shots I hit that were run down in a gap or at the wall. The Castillo DP was when I knew it was over. In the 7th Wright comes 10 feet of a homer, Castillo slides into 1st safely ... and is called out. Shades of MLB 2000 w/ Mo Vaughn right there.

Well, onto Hernandez-Santana-Maine. Pitches didn't break the way I wanted, hopefully fix hitting woes because they'll kill me later on.

Mrbob

Week has advanced!

Here are the current standings...

National League:

Team W L
White Sox 9 3
Braves 8 4
Giants 8 4
Nationals 7 2
Dodgers 7 5
Marins 5 4
Reds 5 7
Mets 4 5

American League:

Team W L
Cubs 12 1
Blue Jays 11 1
Red Sox 10 3
Rays 8 5
Yankees 7 6
Rangers 6 6
Indians 3 9

Top 3 batting average
Braves .345 average
Blue Jays .330 average
Red Sox .328 Average

Top 3 ERA
Blue Jays 2.04 era
Red Sox 2.41 era
Mets 2.78 era

Top 3 run per game
Cubs 5.85 Runs
White Sox 5.58 Runs
Braves 5.42 Runs

Top 3 winning streak

Cubs 11 games
Blue Jays 7 games
Red Sox 6 games

For fun bottom 3 era:

Indians 5.12 era
Cubs 4.83 era
Reds 4.78 era

I must be out slugging teams right now :lol ... team era is pathetic. Pitching staff needs to step it up!

Good luck in week 4!

Core407

Banned
Mrbob said:
Week has advanced!

Here are the current standings...

National League:

Team W L
White Sox 9 3
Braves 8 4
Giants 8 4
Nationals 7 2
Dodgers 7 5
Marins 5 4
Reds 5 7
Mets 4 5

American League:

Team W L
Cubs 12 1
Blue Jays 11 1
Red Sox 10 3
Rays 8 5
Yankees 7 6
Rangers 6 6
Indians 3 9

Top 3 batting average
Braves .345 average
Blue Jays .330 average
Red Sox .328 Average

Top 3 ERA
Blue Jays 2.04 era
Red Sox 2.41 era
Mets 2.78 era

Top 3 run per game
Cubs 5.85 Runs
White Sox 5.58 Runs
Braves 5.42 Runs

Top 3 winning streak

Cubs 11 games
Blue Jays 7 games
Red Sox 6 games

For fun bottom 3 era:

Indians 5.12 era
Cubs 4.83 era
Reds 4.78 era

I must be out slugging teams right now :lol ... team era is pathetic. Pitching staff needs to step it up!

Good luck in week 4!

The ERA and high run totals are because of the difficulty level. If we crank it up to Vet or Legend in the next league, era and run totals should drop a lot.

LJ11

Core407 said:
Did LJ11 drop or something?

I'm right here, I'm watching the Mets tonight, but I can get a game in around 5, you free?

The best times for me to play are right around 5 or 6pm.

Core407

Banned
LJ11 said:
I'm right here, I'm watching the Mets tonight, but I can get a game in around 5, you free?

The best times for me to play are right around 5 or 6pm.

Yeah, 5PM is good - I'll be in the lobby.

Core407

Banned
Good game, LJ11. Don't know what lag you were complaining about, the game ran smoothly 90% of the time with some hiccups randomly. I got a couple videos I'm going to post up soon. That triple by Frenchy was great - I thought you made that play with Maybin.

Edit: All 3 videos are up

Schafer brings a run in on a bunt single - look at him jump over the ball :lol

Naty slider Parr throws to strike out Maybin looking. Ball is above his shoulders and drops in to the zone.

Franceour's nasty triple to center. Maybin almost had it but it bounces out of his glove. Frenchy smoked that ball.

Top Bottom