• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 09 The Show League Season 1 of Please don't drown us in lag Sony!

LJ11

Maybin dropped it, Marlins D is awful, if I manage a single error I'm happy. Dude the game was good for the first couple of innings, and then I had constant hiccups, not exaggerating. Maybe it wasn't showing up on your end. I couldn't time swings which is why I took so many pitches, it would just stutter right as the ball was coming in. Sorry I went on rant in the 9th, but you were up 7, taking pitches with 2 outs, and the lag was just killing me, I just wanted to get it over with. Wish there was a way to concede defeat in League play.

Core407

Banned
LJ11 said:
Maybin dropped it, Marlins D is awful, if I manage a single error I'm happy. Dude the game was good for the first couple of innings, and then I had constant hiccups, not exaggerating. Maybe it wasn't showing up on your end. I couldn't time swings which is why I took so many pitches, it would just stutter right as the ball was coming in. Sorry I went on rant in the 9th, but you were up 7, taking pitches with 2 outs, and the lag was just killing me, I just wanted to get it over with. Wish there was a way to concede defeat in League play.

Weird, my connection was smooth up until the 9th when I started lagging pretty bad. I noticed some minor hiccups when I walked the 2 runners on in the 1st or 2nd inning. Wish Sony would get this online lag shit cleared up once and for all - seems like it exists in all iterations of the game.

Mrbob

GQman2121 said:
So I guess I was scheduled to play the Angels this week......Is that why I'm on a bye?

Yeah the angels owner didn't have time to play games. I tried to drop him to add someone else...well the league doesn't like this. It gives automatic wins to everyone who has to play him. Have a free couple days off!

Dez

TeethMummy said:
dezed! I need to get these games in asap! tonight or tomorrow afternoon!

um. i can play tonight after 10 pm EST. We'll have to try getting them all in, as tomorrow afternoon i'll be at work.

Dez

tried playing with TeethMummy and for some reason the lag made the game unplayable.. i've had lag free series with my last 2 opponents but this time it was brutal.. i think there are just some bad combinations for no real reason. Hopefully TeethMummy you're alright with us just coin flipping to resolve the series.. if you are free on the weekend maybe we can try again though.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Dez said:
tried playing with TeethMummy and for some reason the lag made the game unplayable.. i've had lag free series with my last 2 opponents but this time it was brutal.. i think there are just some bad combinations for no real reason. Hopefully TeethMummy you're alright with us just coin flipping to resolve the series.. if you are free on the weekend maybe we can try again though.

I think its just dumb luck. Last week GQ and I tried to play on wednesday night and the lag was unbearable. We then playe don thursday and it was fine. Its a real shame, I'm going to be out of town all weekend again (I know it sucks to not be there to play the games) Maybe on a different night we could have played a legit game. In the meantime, I guess a coin toss is fair. I wont be back on my Ps3 until tuesday night, so feel free to move the league along. Sorry dez. Thats the absolute worst lag i've played in. Just ba dluck I guess.

Mrbob

Damn that sucks guys. Yeah I'll have to flip tuesday is too late to wait, sorry.

I would like to try and advanced the league Saturday night since that is the official cutoff.

DCX

DCX
Mrbob said:
Damn that sucks guys. Yeah I'll have to flip tuesday is too late to wait, sorry.

I would like to try and advanced the league Saturday night since that is the official cutoff.
We playing tonight right? After 9 closer to ten est.

DCX

Sanjuro

The Frankman said:
... I have no idea where Czar went. Can someone who's contacted him before get in touch? He won't even answer my PSN invite!
He vanished after two games of our series.

Mrbob

I did some digging and notice czartim does have an aim name in his profile:

czartim@mac.com

Perhaps you can try that. His last post on gaf was over a week ago on 04-13 in this thread. So there must be a reason his isn't online. Hopefully it isn't too serious.

Mrbob

Damn it core. :lol

Oh and I would like to heartfully thank sony santa monica's shitty online code for ending my 12 game winning streak. :lol

It was 2-2 entering the 5th, so I could have lost but! I would rather lose legit than take a traffic delay network error auto loss disconnect. :/

Mrbob said:
Clock is ticking for the week guys. Get your games in.
Can I just get 3 wins if we don't end up playing? I've tried every mode conceivable of contacting him on my end. He has not responded to anything, and he hasn't even accepted my PSN invite.

LJ11

I messaged Core on AIM earlier, no reply. He gets banned on GAF every MLB season. If you want to flip a coin Bob, go right ahead.

Mrbob

I think I'll just give you three losses instead Franky!

Oh and if anyone is playing tomorrow I'll hold off advancing another day. Let me know.

Mrbob

Corran are you and Jman going to play.

Ok Corran told me him and Jman are playing tommorrow.

LJ I messaged Core on AIM about advancing tomorrow night. Hopefully you can get your final two games in tommorrow!

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
jman2050 said:
Barry Zito is not realistically portrayed in this game :lol What an embarassment :lol
He never is. Ever since when he won cy young video games always make him good. I finally stop swinging at everything at 3rd game :lol

Fucking Randy Johnson couldn't pitch his slider for shit. Every time I threw it you got a run lol. Cain had a rocky 2 innings then was fine...but that was too much for my offense to overcome.

jman2050

Corran Horn said:
He never is. Ever since when he won cy young video games always make him good. I finally stop swinging at everything at 3rd game :lol

Fucking Randy Johnson couldn't pitch his slider for shit. Every time I threw it you got a run lol. Cain had a rocky 2 innings then was fine...but that was too much for my offense to overcome.

I think it took 7 innings or so to stop swinging at his damn curve and changeup, and by then every solid hit I had was right to a fielder. :lol

Also I really don't like Jose Contreras.

Good games though, you were a pretty good opponent.

Suggestions for GAF League Season 2 when this is over...

Strikes Zone - OFF
Hot Zones - OFF

I've been playing a lot of games like this and it forces better plate knowledge. I actually hit better since I know this ump will/won't give a little on the corners, plus as a pitcher you don't see the hot zones or the lines: you focus on the plate.

Too bad we can't do a money league :D

Mrbob

Yeah I'm going to do both of the above in season 2...also going to raise the difficulty as well.

On that note...week advances!

Time for the first place showdown between the Red Sox and Cubs.

Well close to first. Top 3 teams are:

13-2 Blue Jays
13-2 Cubs
13-3 Red Sox

Ridiculous. :lol

I fear my winning streak will officially come to an end! I just hope I don't get swept!

Week officially ends friday night. Lets try to get the week in on time guys! Remember you can check the schedule on the website!

Tedesco! said:
I should be free later this afternoon, around 4 or 5 est.
Sweet. We can knock Game 1 out, maybe do Game 2 11-ish? Depends when Game 1 ends because I like a good 2-3 hour gap in between games to analyze stuff and clear my head.

Tedesco!

The Frankman said:
Sweet. We can knock Game 1 out, maybe do Game 2 11-ish? Depends when Game 1 ends because I like a good 2-3 hour gap in between games to analyze stuff and clear my head.

Maybe. It's easier for me to run them back to back. It depends on what the wife wants to do tonight.

DCX

DCX
Corran Horn said:

Hey, we got next :) Yankees here, so when can you play? What's your schedule like?

DCX

DCX

DCX
Corran Horn said:
Last update fuxed my rosters just fyi.
Rivera playing RF?!?! WTF Sony. All league long i have been having problems with the button doing what they supposed to. I would press triangle to throw to second and it would throw home or even square and it would throw home, this last game i had alot of BS going on the field, on a double play ball my idiots throw home, then Posada throw the ball into RF, omg, how i won this game is a miracle, the connection sucked balls, again, i'm lucky to get out of there with a win..

DCX

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Lol ya a few times I would press the button for nothing to happen. Lag was there, wasnt horrible but still made hitting hard.

Mrbob

Man I got destroyed in the first game of my series with the red sox. Going to need to regroup for the final two!

Top Bottom